TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Awesome Tailights

i remember seeing these long ago but wiring seemed a pain and they were only available across the sea. And were VERY expensive to ship here.

1894975357_thumb1.jpg

or anywhere decently priced i suppose.

EDIT:::::::: EDIT::::::::::: I FOUND THEM AGAIN

FO-MST-2200.jpg

from

http://www.performancelights.co.uk/index.p...mp;currentpage=

the middle bulb is amber but that can be changed.

the first time i went looking for these was in the end of october in 2007 right after i saw a youtube video of a SGT with them on it. I posted on the forum way back when it was on shelbyautos.com

and got this reply in my inbox

"Found your lights!, Nov 3 2007, 09:10 PM" with a link to a european website that no longer exists.

HOWEVER I FOUND THEM AGAIN THANKS TO A NICE PERSON ON THIS FORUM ^_^

FO-MST-2200.jpg

the middle one is amber however, and they are quite pricey, especially to ship to america

Type this on ebay: Ford Mustang feux

I do not know who manufacture them but the box says made in Taiwan. They are EC homologated rear lights. I have them on my car as sevral of us here. They look good, are perfect quality, and allow to pass the EC homolgation when importing a S197. Wiring is a bit of a pain still.

Turn signals signal must be routed from the front signals while the stop signal must be taken from the center mounted stop light. The original wire cannot be used at it conveys turn ans stop signal at the same time. A resistor is installed to cheat the computer thus avoiding bulb alarms.

The red part toward the exterior are the tail and stop ligths.

The clear center part has reverse ligth at the bottom and amber bulb for the turn signal in the upper part.

The red part toward the midline are the rear fogligths mandatory here, and I believe not legal in the US.

Attached a picture of my tail. I feel they look good as they convey the stripe scheme to the taillighs. They give a lighter look than the big single piece red tailigths (to my taste).

post-19594-1243721152_thumb.jpg

post-19594-1243721873_thumb.jpg

post-19594-1243721152_thumb.jpg

post-19594-1243721873_thumb.jpg

Cool, I just put these on my car. I think you will really like them. :)

:happy feet:

I really like the triple Mustang taillights because they strongly resemble the early Mustangs. That being said, the 2010 rear looks better every day. At first I was disappointed. The lights that Uno is interested in have a similar look to the 2010 but I personally would not want to detract from the vintage look. That would certainly make your car stand out from the rest but not as much as the euro taillights! :happy feet:

Are they amber? If so they can't be used in the States.

HUH??? Many cars for sale in the US still use Amber turn signals in the rear....perfectly legal...

These lights in particular are for use in Euro countries to meet their requirements...they note that the wiring is NOT plug and play and is a pain and suggest a professional do it...

As far as these having the inner light as a rear "fog" light, all six lights light up from the factory when you turn the lights on...stock the inner lights do NOT light up when you step on the brakes...I bought a wiring harness from WebElectric to make all six of my rear lights light up when I step on the brakes...I didn't want the sequentials because they flash too fast for my taste...

HUH??? Many cars for sale in the US still use Amber turn signals in the rear....perfectly legal...

Yes amber turn signals in the rear are 100% legal. Mustangs had them from 1974 to the mid 80's. For some reason auto designers and bean counters don't like them. I've always liked them and here in SoCal you need everything you can to wake up that fool behind you.

Steve

Not my cup of tea either. good luck.

i remember seeing these long ago but wiring seemed a pain and they were only available across the sea. And were VERY expensive to ship here.

1894975357_thumb1.jpg

or anywhere decently priced i suppose.

EDIT:::::::: EDIT::::::::::: I FOUND THEM AGAIN

FO-MST-2200.jpg

from

the middle bulb is amber but that can be changed.

Archived