TEAM SHELBY FORUM

06 Foose Stallion

kb67

I was wondering if anyone else has come across a Foose Stallion yet, I got lined up beside one in traffic today.

Looked pretty nice it still had the dealer tags on it. I was also wondering how they sell these if dealer's could order one from Unique performance or if its strictly a consumer purchased item? Any ideas I ask because I know Ford is going to enter into a partnership with Foose and let him do some styling packages I got to say hes got a very good eye for it.

Was the Red and black combo the black rims really added to the appearance gave it a really good clean look.

Pic link from Unique Performance's site

http://img.exigo.com/public/15/websites/38...s/stallion2.jpg

Ruf,

Its what hes calling it :D also did find out that Capital in Raleigh is listed as a outlet. A good guess would be they got this one in a transfered it down to ILM.

Heres the linked specs on it

http://www.uniqueperformance.com/FooseStallion.aspx

Looks like you can get a SC added puts you in the 425HP range Thats about what Roush is doing with a Stage 3.

It was the first I'd ever seen thought somebody else might have seen one or got a closer look. Also Shelby Gt is 325Hp so hes right in the mix as far what Fords rolling with.

I think MM was referring to bang for de buck here, Rob. (I think)

Whether its Foose or Steeda or Roush or Saleen or Rufstang (!) or Shelby, one must consider performance value, no? Apparently, Sir Foose feels like its more important to look good than to drive good?

Just my rusty 2c!

Ok, I understand what your saying.

I can't stand all the add on stuff. They tend to make these cars look like they should go airborn. I know that the 20 something crowd loves them, but this old guy would not pay a dime for one.

Thats what I liked about the car it was understated nothing really outrageous added on. As for performance its a cruiser type setup if you look around most folks are not hardcore into either strip or RR so something thats got a little pickup and looks nice is what they are happy with. I think Roushs are alittle over the top myself but hey to each his own. I see alot of mustangs riding around that try way to hard to make a statement.

I like Ruf's mustang alot it has a personal touch added and it flows real nice. Foose's car to me is tasteful in its use of addons nothing special I know but when you see alot of whats out there its a real contrast to some of the others avaliable.

Good points.

What I can't understand is why don't more people do "it" themselves?

I've had a blast picking and choosing parts and styling cues. (thanks for the nice words on my ride, by the way)

This way, you've "designed" your own Foose! And - saved a lot of money.

Good points.

I've had a blast picking and choosing parts and styling cues. (thanks for the nice words on my ride, by the way)

I generally like what Foose does to the cars he mods but I couldn't justify spending this much money for a Mustang and not getting any go fast goodies to go with the bling.

Good points.

Your car is most certainly going to get many more nice comments and its truly deserved :D

As for people doing it themselves that takes more work and time than alot of folks are willing to expend. And your right its a blast doing it yourself its you making something you envisioned come to life, seeing the mental picture turn into reality is something you don't forget and makes all the time and effort worth it. Unfortunately for me it always takes more money than I thought it would but its still fun. :D

I generally like what Foose does to the cars he mods but I couldn't justify spending this much money for a Mustang and not getting any go fast goodies to go with the bling.

The prices that mustangs are hitting now is just out there you have cars up to $70k they are off the chain crazy. I'm not even talking the GT500 its a situation unto itself. You are right you want a mix of style and power for the price that you see out there on Foose and other cars but thats a mix thats hard to find. I don't need carbon fiber accents in the dash or extra badges, but some folks are interested by that stuff thats why its out there I guess.

I've got about $34.5k in the car as it stands.

Hopefully, on Thurs, we'll see hp up around 375-390.

That's about $12-13k less than an MSRP Shelby 500 - and even a couple of grand less than an '03-'04 Cobra.

And - naturally aspirated.

You're right, kb - when I see it in the driveway, I'm proud of what I've put together. You have to take risks - not knowing how it all will come together. But, it's like writing comedy. I did a little stand up at my play last year and was nervous as hell. But when they laughed - it was quite the rush. When I get comments on the car - same thing. Time well spent.

Archived