TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Help on good dealership and mechanic guy in Jacksonville, FL area

Team,

I used to go to Mike Davidson Ford to do all my service on my SGT (Oil Change, TSBs, recall, etc). I used to deal with the same mechanic guy since the last 18 months and i was really satisfied with his work.

However, it turns out that this guy moved back to somewhere up north and now i am stuck.

I am a bit anal about servicing my SGT. I do not want different mechaninc guys to service my car every time i go. I want all the time the same guy and i want also the ability to talk with someone that knows Shelby mustang when i have technical questions. In addition, i like the ability to be able walk around the car while the car is being serviced on the lift.

So, all you folks in the Jacksonville and surrounding area, i am looking for a dealership that you trust and where the pay a special attention to Shelby owners.

I do not care if i have to drive 50+ miles to service my car as long as they are doing a good job.

Thanks

Team,

I used to go to Mike Davidson Ford to do all my service on my SGT (Oil Change, TSBs, recall, etc). I used to deal with the same mechanic guy since the last 18 months and i was really satisfied with his work.

However, it turns out that this guy moved back to somewhere up north and now i am stuck.

I am a bit anal about servicing my SGT. I do not want different mechaninc guys to service my car every time i go. I want all the time the same guy and i want also the ability to talk with someone that knows Shelby mustang when i have technical questions. In addition, i like the ability to be able walk around the car while the car is being serviced on the lift.

So, all you folks in the Jacksonville and surrounding area, i am looking for a dealership that you trust and where the pay a special attention to Shelby owners.

I do not care if i have to drive 50+ miles to service my car as long as they are doing a good job.

Thanks

All Shelby owners are ANAL. :hysterical:

I have no idea being up here in Fernandina. I've never taken mine in other than a minor recall on the self restraint system at the Ford dealer here. I too trust no one so I do my own work. If anyone locates someone I'd like to know too just in case. :shift:

Same as Radical - I've never been to a dealership other than to make the initial purchase, and that was in South Carolina!

At one time, and mind you this was years ago, Don Barry was considered one of the better Mustang shops in the Jacksonville area for everything from minor repair to major modifications, but I have no idea what they are like today or even if they are still around!

If your up for a 3-hour cruise to Tampa, go to Tampa Bay Shelby, I haven't heard anything bad about them.

Some of our Central Florida members should chime in - what about the Orlando area?

Sam

AKA:

There isn't anyone here in Tallahassee. The service manager at the local dealer here in town is great, loves my car as much as I do and loves working on it but they don't let customers in the shop. I did tell him next time he had it up on the rack I wanted to go check it out and he said, "didn't you check it out when we installed your gears?" I didn't but hope to build on the relationship.

Archived