TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which one?

OK. Guys, I think i'll be venturing into the GT500 world real soon. I'm coming over from the Shelby GT Vert. So I'm going to beat my head about if I should stick with the Convertible, go with a coupe or wait for the 2010 which as of right now I really don't like that much. Keep in mind I only take the car out sparingly for joy rides or take my kids in the car who by the way love the convertible. I love the convertible obviously because the top is off and the kids and for the 60 minute round trip ride to my Firehouse on a Sat or Sun. Now the coupe I like because of the strength and over the top stripes. Now the 2010 I really don't know yet. All I know is I can get a really good price on the 08 & 09. I would love to hear your opinions. And just to add a little more, the color. I'm a huge fan of the Vista. Had a 93 navy, 06 & 08 Shelby Vista. I would maybe lean towards the Tungsten with silver stripes. NEED HELP :banghead:

OK. Guys, I think i'll be venturing into the GT500 world real soon. I'm coming over from the Shelby GT Vert. So I'm going to beat my head about if I should stick with the Convertible, go with a coupe or wait for the 2010 which as of right now I really don't like that much. Keep in mind I only take the car out sparingly for joy rides or take my kids in the car who by the way love the convertible. I love the convertible obviously because the top is off and the kids and for the 60 minute round trip ride to my Firehouse on a Sat or Sun. Now the coupe I like because of the strength and over the top stripes. Now the 2010 I really don't know yet. All I know is I can get a really good price on the 08 & 09. I would love to hear your opinions. And just to add a little more, the color. I'm a huge fan of the Vista. Had a 93 navy, 06 & 08 Shelby Vista. I would maybe lean towards the Titanium with silver stripes. NEED HELP :banghead:

Just my 2 cents I have vistablue with white stripes coupe I enjoy it looks awesome be a few other colors at car shows.The vert in vista blue with the 40th strips is Awesome wish I would have spend a little more for the vert. The vert is not and everyday car and my coupe is not everyday car. Look at texas cobra vert it awesome!!!

This maybe a dumb question but what is the 40th stripes? I am definately going to put stripes on the car. Are they just the Shelby stripes? I had my eye on a 07 Tungsten w/ silver stripes coupe.

Just my 2 cents I have vistablue with white stripes coupe I enjoy it looks awesome be a few other colors at car shows.The vert in vista blue with the 40th strips is Awesome wish I would have spend a little more for the vert. The vert is not and everyday car and my coupe is not everyday car. Look at texas cobra vert it awesome!!!

Thanks Mustang Crazy! I appreciate the very nice comment. I have to admit, I struggled with the same problem and I am now blessed to have both a vert and a coupe. If I had choose one, I would have to keep the vert. My kids love it too and there is nothing like it on a good day (which are most days in central texas!). Here's a couple of pics:

IMG_6323.jpg

IMG_7693.jpg

Good luck with your decision Mustang Scotty...I am sure you will make the right one.

This maybe a dumb question but what is the 40th stripes? I am definately going to put stripes on the car. Are they just the Shelby stripes? I had my eye on a 07 Tungsten w/ silver stripes coupe.

This is the 40th Anniversary package. The silver stripes were the only option with this package. the pics are exactly as the car came from Shelby with this package.

Excellent pics. Only problem is I had the silver stripes vert. I think if I make this venture it's going to have to be white stripes for a change.

Thanks Mustang Crazy! I appreciate the very nice comment. I have to admit, I struggled with the same problem and I am now blessed to have both a vert and a coupe. If I had choose one, I would have to keep the vert. My kids love it too and there is nothing like it on a good day (which are most days in central texas!). Here's a couple of pics:

IMG_6323.jpg

IMG_7693.jpg

Good luck with your decision Mustang Scotty...I am sure you will make the right one.

Go topless man! My Alloy 07 convertible is the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. It's my 9th convertible and 3rd convertible Mustang. Go topless! We drive it every day, well almost, wife drives it to school--she's the fastest kindergarten teacher in the county--and decided on a couple of snowy/rainy days to drive the van instead, otherwise, it's an everyday car.....go, enjoy!

Excellent pics. Only problem is I had the silver stripes vert. I think if I make this venture it's going to have to be white stripes for a change.

I can definitely appreciate that. Keep in mid, I think if you go with a 07-09 vert though, the only over the top stripes you can get is with a red stripe package. Not sure if that is the case with 2010. If you like your current vert, I think you will really miss not having it if you decide to go the coupe route.

Go topless man! My Alloy 07 convertible is the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. It's my 9th convertible and 3rd convertible Mustang. Go topless! We drive it every day, well almost, wife drives it to school--she's the fastest kindergarten teacher in the county--and decided on a couple of snowy/rainy days to drive the van instead, otherwise, it's an everyday car.....go, enjoy!

Well I wanted silver strips but were not avilable for 08 only on shelby gt.The white strips look awesome but meltlic strip and color makes strip stand out . The white is flat color. just my 2 cents.

Well I wanted silver strips but were not avilable for 08 only on shelby gt.The white strips look awesome but meltlic strip and color makes strip stand out . The white is flat color. just my 2 cents.

Mustang Scotty look at that awesome vert. That the best of show award texas cobra enter it in Shelby of the month.Everytime I see this car I dream of another Shelby!!!

Archived