TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Check Engine Light

DDT

Question for the Great Techs here;

I have less than 10K miles on the 05 Mustang GT and the Engine Light was staying on.

No performance complaint so without a scanner I disconnected and reconnected the

battery and no more active light.........

Should this still be a concern?????????

Question for the Great Techs here;

I have less than 10K miles on the 05 Mustang GT and the Engine Light was staying on.

No performance complaint so without a scanner I disconnected and reconnected the

battery and no more active light.........

Should this still be a concern?????????

Could it be the 130 MPH run from LA to Vegas at CS85 that percipatated the problem? :hysterical:

Ya that was Fun......... ;)

You really think the "CEL" has that long of a delay??????? :hysterical:

Check your gas cap... pretty typical problem if the cap is not tight or the seal has gone bad. If you check the codes and you get an emmision error, this is most likely the problem. That is unless you have been runing leaded gas :hysterical:

Leaded Gas is still available???????? :doh:

Anyway I did check the cap and the electronic system check on dash is all okay.......

Couple of days ago I forgot I left it Idleing on the driveway for an extended time

which may have something to do with it??????? :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

Excessive idling should NOT cause a DTC (diagnostic trouble code). Driving the car fast could cause a problem, but is would usually be evident immediately.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, only resets the computer and erases the adaptive strategy.

Leaded fuel is still available, and is used on many aircraft (for several off topic reasons). However, NEVER use leaded fuel in your modern car. Essentially, the lead will clog up the catalytic converters- which causes several other problems.

Next time the light comes on, drive it gently to the nearest place that has a code scanner. Or, your can buy a cheap scanner and use it the next time the light comes on.

Lastly, most Ford cars and trucks have a separate gas cap light that will come on if the cap is accidentally left off. It should go off after two successful key cycles (evaporative system pressure check).

Archived