TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Brakes

Are the upgraded rear brakes for the SS available to buy yet? I have see on here guys picking there cars up with them on but I haven't heared about anyone ordering them from SAI and installing them post SS package. I checked the shelby performance parts web site and I do not see them listed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Butch

Are the upgraded rear brakes for the SS available to buy yet? I have see on here guys picking there cars up with them on but I haven't heared about anyone ordering them from SAI and installing them post SS package. I checked the shelby performance parts web site and I do not see them listed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Butch

Mine are on the way.............

R

Ok LOL. Can I ask how you ordered them and how much you paid. Thanks Butch

I called SPP, they said that the rear brake kit is available as a drop ship item currently. I told the sales person that I was interested in a set, in Red, for my Super Snake. He priced the set to me at $3774 which is the same price that has been quoted in previous threads related to these rear calipers. I asked about shipping, I think he said $90 or so. I ordered them.

Originally I was told that these would be to me in 4-5 weeks, directly from Baer. Since that time, someone has ordered a set, in Red, and declined them when they arrived. I was contacted and told that this Red rear caliper set was returned to Shelby, un-opened, would I be interested in it. I said sure. Instead of 4-5 weeks from now, they should be here next week.

R

Can't wait to see the pics

I am also installing the shortened axle assy. and 305 P Zero's at the same time. It will be a few weeks before I get all of those items gathered. So far I have the 305's, the calipers are on their way, and I am ordering the axle assy. in the next couple of days.

If anyone is interested, I will take pictures of the calipers themselves, once they arrive?

R

I am also installing the shortened axle assy. and 305 P Zero's at the same time. It will be a few weeks before I get all of those items gathered. So far I have the 305's, the calipers are on their way, and I am ordering the axle assy. in the next couple of days.

If anyone is interested, I will take pictures of the calipers themselves, once they arrive?

R

I am interested in the brakes and the rear axle. I am planning to do both. Are you planning any suspension upgrades? Does the shortened axle impact that at all? I read the Griggs system wont work anymore. Dont know if that is true.

thnx for offering to share the info and learnings.

BJ

I am interested in the brakes and the rear axle. I am planning to do both. Are you planning any suspension upgrades? Does the shortened axle impact that at all? I read the Griggs system wont work anymore. Dont know if that is true.

thnx for offering to share the info and learnings.

BJ

BJ - No other suspension upgrades. I am very happy with the Shelby/Eibach coil-overs and sway bars that were part of my Super Snake modifications. The only other item(s) that are going to be changed are the lower control arms, once they become available. I like the look of the billet arms. My main goal is to get more rubber on the rear and keep the car looking as close to "original Super Snake" as possible.

R

BJ - No other suspension upgrades. I am very happy with the Shelby/Eibach coil-overs and sway bars that were part of my Super Snake modifications. The only other item(s) that are going to be changed are the lower control arms, once they become available. I like the look of the billet arms. My main goal is to get more rubber on the rear and keep the car looking as close to "original Super Snake" as possible.

R

OK. thnx. I got the Eibach's too. I don't have my car back yet. it's been at SAI since 2/2!!!!!!!!!!! I have them installing the brakes, I will do the axle when I get the car back. I am a road racer and plan to track the car and I hear the griggs setup is the best for our cars. Did you see the thread on the 305 P-zero's for $320 on e-bay? I bought a pair last week.

Good luck with your mods.

BJ

OK. thnx. I got the Eibach's too. I don't have my car back yet. it's been at SAI since 2/2!!!!!!!!!!! I have them installing the brakes, I will do the axle when I get the car back. I am a road racer and plan to track the car and I hear the griggs setup is the best for our cars. Did you see the thread on the 305 P-zero's for $320 on e-bay? I bought a pair last week.

Good luck with your mods.

BJ

Yes on the 305 P Zero thread, I was the person who started that thread. I could not believe the price, right at a time when I was thinking about this rear tire upgrade. Saving $350 on a pair of 305 P Zero for the rear of my Super Snake helped ease the modification cost.

Now that same $350 will buy the billet Shelby lower control arms once they become available through SPP.

R

Archived