TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 SS

Hi all.

I was at Vegas a couple days back discussing the Super Snake package and I was told that SAI will be announcing the Super Snake package for the 2010 Shelby in about 4 weeks in Oklahoma. So, I think all you 2010 owners better start saving your pennies for this cool stuff.

QSS

Lame! The super snake was supposed to be a two year run 07-08. If this is the way they do business this will be the last shelby product I buy. I am on my way to Vegas to pick up my SS, I will bring this up with Amy. As far as I'm concerned they should do a post title car, just don't call it a Super Snake..

Lame! The super snake was supposed to be a two year run 07-08. If this is the way they do business this will be the last shelby product I buy. I am on my way to Vegas to pick up my SS, I will bring this up with Amy. As far as I'm concerned they should do a post title car, just don't call it a Super Snake..

:happy feet: I am happy they are making more and I hope there is also a power upgrade as well. What would you do if the new SS has 750 hp?

Yeah, give Amy a good talking too.

Tell her how foolish they are to build more 1st class products.

Tell her that now you have yours and see no reason for anyone else to have the chance to enjoy this level of Mustang.

Hi all!!!!!!

It was never said that we were only going to do a 2007 and 2008 SS model year run. We did say we were only going to do 1000 07's and 1000 08's and 500 09's. And I believe that we will be doing only 500 of the 2010's.

With the new car design for 2010, you can bet the farm the SS will be a bit different too (trust me, it will be cool!!). I was also told that if I were to sneak any pics out before its unveiled, I WOULD loose an arm or two. I could live with loosing an arm, but not both of them :hysterical:

Actually, I think its great news!!!!! Not only are we going to keep on making kick a$$ cars, but we all stay employed too!!!!! Now seriously, just think of all of the people who are involved with these projects................................. just to name a few.....................

SAI employees----150 or so people

Ford employees------alot of people

SVT employees-----i'm sure there's a few

Kenne Bell employees----not sure how many

Baer Brake employees---not sure

Eibach employees----not sure

Shelby Performance Parts----not sure

Scott Drake ------not sure

Pirelli Tires---not sure

Alcoa---not sure

Paxton (Terlingua's)----not sure

American Racing (wheels)---not sure

Designer Auto Accessories (interior upgrades)---not sure

Paint companies we deal with---not sure

TS Members who contribute their time, money and make unique items for Shelby

All of the vendors that supply the mods you like for your own personal tastes.

And many many more companies we deal with that supplies us with parts, hardware, carbon fiber items, fiberglass items, etc.

Just think of ALL of the people that would be looking for jobs if we were to just do 07's and 08's and nothing more. There would be a TON more people standing in the umemployment line. Everyday that we decide on something new or decide to extend a project, I am greatful for what I have and what we do for you. And I am also greatful that we also help keep other people outside of SAI employed to help this economy try to grow back.

My PERSONAL feeling is that as long as Ford makes mustangs, we will keep our doors open to make the best and baddest SHELBY'S there is!!!! I wonder what a 2020 SS would look like? Maybe finally a car that needs no wheels and tires? hmmmmmm :alien: :hysterical2:

Bud

Hey Bud very well said I hope now that people will stop complaining and realize what all is at stake. Things are about a whole not an individual I am very pleased and happy that SAI are continueing to produce cars and hopefully SAI will be in business for the rest of my lifetime and beyond. :happy feet:

PS Bud I didn't forget, I am so swamped it will happen soon Trust ME. ;)

Great post Bud!

These SS retrofit packages with power levels in the 700's are simply knockouts. Keep up the great work.

Hopefully the realtionship between Ford and SAI remains mutually beneficial and these premium level packages are available for many years to come.

Yeah, give Amy a good talking too.

Tell her how foolish they are to build more 1st class products.

Tell her that now you have yours and see no reason for anyone else to have the chance to enjoy this level of Mustang.

Thats what it usually always boil down to.

That's just great to build all these SS Shelby's but did you ever stop to think who the hell going to buy them. Sure Porsche would love to sell many more turbo's but the market is not there. With the SS camaro, Challenger and the 2010GT500 @ 540 HP the market will start to dry up. Look @ all the KR's sitting on dealers lots. When you don't have Exclusivity in a product then the value of that probuct drops.

I wonder what a 2020 SS would look like? Maybe finally a car that needs no wheels and tires? hmmmmmm

yea!!! and i want a computer program with all the cute sai chicks in a holodeck type star trek thingy and can..well never mind...glad to see this though...but i do think 750HP is just a little nuts

Robb Report just named the Super Snake the " Best of the Best" !

We have never said this car was limited to 2 years. So yes there will be a 2010 SS and it is beautiful!

Amy

Will the Alcoa wheel offset issue finally be addressed for 2010? I mean seriously, how many degrees drop in temperature are you dropping by aiming a duct at the 'brake assembly' from quite a ways away? Ditch the ducts in the rear! Many would love to buy them (wheels) but are waiting for the offset to be changed.

Tob

Robb Report just named the Super Snake the " Best of the Best" !

We have never said this car was limited to 2 years. So yes there will be a 2010 SS and it is beautiful!

Amy

Remember what SVT was all about, 4 words ( Performance,Substance,EXCLUSIVITY and value.) What ever happened to Exclusivity !!!

Value is based on exclusivity.

How many super snakes have been made since 2007, 2500 if that? If thats not exclusivity then I dont know what is.

Take the total # of Shelby's GT500 07-2010, Shelby Hertz 06-08, Shelby GT 08-09, Shelby KR 08-2010, Shelby Super Snake 08-2010.,and Shelby GT SC= 50.000 + cars. Not exclusivity in anybody's book

Take the total # of Shelby's GT500 07-2010, Shelby Hertz 06-08, Shelby GT 08-09, Shelby KR 08-2010, Shelby Super Snake 08-2010.,and Shelby GT SC= 50.000 + cars. Not exclusivity in anybody's book

Don't forget the Barret Jackson Shelbys and the West Coast Custom's Shelbys. I'm sure I'm leaving out one or two others. Nothing says exclusive like a Shelby!

I cant take the suspense, can Bud post the pics and lose his arms :-)

PLEASE!!!

Olk,,, IIamm trrryiiiiing toooo prrrattcicce tyyyping wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith my bnosde... itttt ainnntr woprrkiing

Well, I tried to type with my nose and no arms. It just doesn't work. Plus I need at least one hand to upload the pics. Sorry guys, just gotta wait a little longer :)

Bud

Olk,,, IIamm trrryiiiiing toooo prrrattcicce tyyyping wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith my bnosde... itttt ainnntr woprrkiing

Well, I tried to type with my nose and no arms. It just doesn't work. Plus I need at least one hand to upload the pics. Sorry guys, just gotta wait a little longer :)

Bud

SO, how do I get on the list to have my 2010 Vert "Super-Snaked"?

And, How Much? Oh, who cares, I'll just do it anyway...

:rockon:

SO, how do I get on the list to have my 2010 Vert "Super-Snaked"?

And, How Much? Oh, who cares, I'll just do it anyway...

:rockon:

You would need to contact either Doug Sinclair or Steve Mansel at 702-942-7325 or DougS@shelbyautos.com or Stevem@shelbyautos.com Doug is on vacation now till the 15th. Steve is here if you wish to talk to him.

Just to let everybody know that this car is still in the development stage. Things change daily. And as for the price, we are determining that too.

Thanks,

Bud

Archived