TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 2007

criticalbill

Got one ordered in Georgia the second day they opened up the order bank. No ADM. $30,720. Out the door for 32,426. No hidden tricks. Did all my homework. Contract in hand with no way of dealer adding any surprise ADM upon arrival in Atlanta. 10-12 weeks. Should have mine end of Feb. Sales manager said that they didn't know what was going to happen with the GT market therefore he didn't want to lose my sale for I told them no deal if not at sticker.

Got one ordered in Georgia the second day they opened up the order bank. No ADM. $30,720. Out the door for 32,426. No hidden tricks. Did all my homework. Contract in hand with no way of dealer adding any surprise ADM upon arrival in Atlanta. 10-12 weeks. Should have mine end of Feb. Sales manager said that they didn't know what was going to happen with the GT market therefore he didn't want to lose my sale for I told them no deal if not at sticker.

Your right, no trick. I have the same deal however that is a car upfitted by Ford ready to send to Shelby. They'll be charging you for the Shelby portion approx 5-6K. 30K is too good to be true and impossible to believe. Price a GT/CS thats the MSRP on them. No way the Shelby GT is going for that. My dealer has basiccaly been telling me what yours told you, until tonight he found out about the Shelby extras. He said Ford and Shelby hadn't come to terms on a price yet. The good news is with our signed contracts we'll still get MSRP and they will go for more than that.

Thumbs up Bill. :happy feet:

What color did you get ?

Shaker 1000 ?

Anti-theft ?

Welcome to Stangsunleashed. Glad you found us.

Rob

Your right, no trick. I have the same deal however that is a car upfitted by Ford ready to send to Shelby. They'll be charging you for the Shelby portion approx 5-6K. 30K is too good to be true and impossible to believe. Price a GT/CS thats the MSRP on them. No way the Shelby GT is going for that. My dealer has basiccaly been telling me what yours told you, until tonight he found out about the Shelby extras. He said Ford and Shelby hadn't come to terms on a price yet. The good news is with our signed contracts we'll still get MSRP and they will go for more than that.

MM,

Did you pull the trigger on yours too ?

Thanks MM. I thought it was too good to be true as well but being locked on the MSRP is great and I am happy to pay the extras. Not happy about the black aluminum wheels though. Oh well. That can be changed easy enough.

What color did you get ?

Shaker 1000 ?

Anti-theft ?

Rob

MM,

Black. Heard today that it will have black wheels. Might change that. We'll see.

Thanks MM. I thought it was too good to be true as well but being locked on the MSRP is great and I am happy to pay the extras. Not happy about the black aluminum wheels though. Oh well. That can be changed easy enough.

Black. Heard today that it will have black wheels. Might change that. We'll see.

I've been birdogging this thing for three months now. On every forum, contacting, Ford, Shelby, and dealers. This is the first time something made sense. And i'm with you as long as its truly MSRP i'll pay the $. :happy feet:

What color did you get ?

Shaker 1000 ?

Anti-theft ?

Rob

MM,

oh yah yes on the active anti-theft. No on the Shaker 1000. My golf clubs won't fit in the freekin trunk with that contraption in the trunk :hysterical: thinkin about putting in a nav unit. I live in Atlanta and don't know where the heck I am half the time.

oh yah yes on the active anti-theft. No on the Shaker 1000. My golf clubs won't fit in the freekin trunk with that contraption in the trunk :hysterical: thinkin about putting in a nav unit. I live in Atlanta and don't know where the heck I am half the time.

What color did you get ?

I like the White. :happy feet:

I've been birdogging this thing for three months now. On every forum, contacting, Ford, Shelby, and dealers. This is the first time something made sense. And i'm with you as long as its truly MSRP i'll pay the $. :happy feet:

A guy in both MN and GA that seem to be very intelligent about this stuff are both saying that the GT500 will probably go for sticker by summer or fall?

MM have you come across any pics of what the black aluminum wheels look like? Are they simply balck Bullitt wheels? Why the heck are they doing that. The knuckleheads :doh:

I know your not asking me but I'm getting white...like my buddy Rob's wifey.

My girlfriend insists on black. I like white too though. I was expecting 36-37K so all is good. I'm thinking of getting the Shelby CS6 Hood thats on the Shelby Hertz. We'll see. I rented one last summer. Now if you ask me the Hertz car doesn't have any better sound than the stock GT so if the Shelby GT has same exhaust then I will have to do something different with an X-Pipe and some diff mufflers. Magnaflow prob. Borla? Heck I don't know.

Got it thanks. Heck I don't know they might grow on me. I'm not going to worry about it yet. A guy can buy the polished aluminum right from Ford or Ford Racing right? I'll look it up.

Hey... I didn't like the black Razors on the GT500 Anniversary Car at first. But they are growing on me. :happy feet: At least now you've seen them.

Congrats on your Deal. What kind of time frame are you lookin at ?

They know nothing. When I asked them how many they would get they didn't know. I asked waht if ten people come in today to place orders? They said they can place as many orders as they can get and Ford would eventually call them and tell them when no more are available for them. At that point they would have to refund deposits and explain the situation.

They know nothing. When I asked them how many they would get they didn't know. I asked waht if ten people come in today to place orders? They said they can place as many orders as they can get and Ford would eventually call them and tell them when no more are available for them. At that point they would have to refund deposits and explain the situation.

MasterMech,

I want to welcome you to the land of "MATERIAL HOLD". :hysterical:

Yikes. Not funny. Congrats, Mr. Avatar Driver (think Bud Light Ads-- "real men of genius" song)!

By the way, guys--and gals-- I started a sticky FAQ pinned to this Shelby-GT forum. As the info on the cars you are ordering becomes available, and is relevant, please post to the Q&A sticky and I will consolidate into one single FAQ. I would appreciate it and other enthusiasts will, too. And hopefully we won't have too many repeat threads circling around here!!! Thanks again! :beerchug:

Yikes. Not funny. Congrats, Mr. Avatar Driver (think Bud Light Ads-- "real men of genius" song)!

By the way, guys--and gals-- I started a sticky FAQ pinned to this Shelby-GT forum. As the info on the cars you are ordering becomes available, and is relevant, please post to the Q&A sticky and I will consolidate into one single FAQ. I would appreciate it and other enthusiasts will, too. And hopefully we won't have too many repeat threads circling around here!!! Thanks again! :beerchug:

Gotcha... :shift:

Archived