TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any New Updates

Cobra010

Has anyone talked with Ford about the prospects of shipping some GT500's this week?

MR. FORD Please ship my car!!!!

Cobra 09

Please!Please! ship our cars; Mr. Arning told me last week to call him tomorrow and he would give me an updated status on my car. Hopefully, I'LL get some good news I will post what he tells me.

Please!Please! ship our cars; Mr. Arning told me last week to call him tomorrow and he would give me an updated status on my car. Hopefully, I'LL get some good news I will post what he tells me.

I spoke to my dealer this evening, status is still the same... WAITING... :shrug:

Title is in hand at the dealer, however no confirmed delivery date. I'm thinking these guys at the factory probably getting a slow start after a long holiday weekend. :headscratch:

Lets see what tomorrow brings.

I spoke to my dealer this evening, status is still the same... WAITING... :shrug:

Title is in hand at the dealer, however no confirmed delivery date. I'm thinking these guys at the factory probably getting a slow start after a long holiday weekend. :headscratch:

Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Hi There,

When was your car built? They may have a slow start on the latest hold up but to me a slow start is a day or 2 my car has been sitting out in the bird dung since March 18. And as far as the dealer goes he knows less than we do he has the same screen that those Ford people you get who know virtually nothing has.

Cobra09

One lesson I've learned from this is that there's not much of an advantage to ordering early. If you ordered from Nov to March we will all see cars roughly around the same time. I will wait a bit next time around.

I spoke with Mr. Arning a few minutes ago, BAD NEWS. The parts for the trim came in but they are not adequate. New parts are to arrive this week and the cars will start shipping next week. HUM!I believe I heard that before. I hope one of these days we will get our cars. Mr. Arning said they were not going to release the cars until the are right and said for me to call him next week. I think I just try to forget about it and wait for the dealer to call me and tell me he has my car. :cry::headscratch::headscratch:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Whats so special about this trim? Is it a GT500 trim only because there are thousands of new 2010s out there? UGHH its like groundhog day.

Gotta agree with you and others on this. The Ford dealers have tons of 2010 Mustangs on their lots so unless this trim piece is GT500 specific, well you know where I'm heading...........

Why doesn't someone ask specifically what part is holding the GT500 from shipping? I'd be curious to know.

Steve

Gotta agree with you and others on this. The Ford dealers have tons of 2010 Mustangs on their lots so unless this trim piece is GT500 specific, well you know where I'm heading...........

Why doesn't someone ask specifically what part is holding the GT500 from shipping? I'd be curious to know.

Steve

Steve, we have many V6 2010 Mustangs, but only revived two GT'S

We are waiting for more GT'S and I am getting a material hold code when I track them!

Tom

Steve, we have many V6 2010 Mustangs, but only revived two GT'S

We are waiting for more GT'S and I am getting a material hold code when I track them!

Tom

Thanks Tom. I just happened to drive past a couple of Ford dealers this past weekend and they had 2010 Mustangs everywhere. Didn't see if they were GT's or not.

Where is Ford storing all these GT500 & GT's? Or have they stopped building them?

Steve

Well I found my answer from reading previous articles about the interior upgrades.

"You’ll also find real aluminum on the instrument panel in addition to genuine aluminum finish panels featuring a unique-to-GT500 three-dimensional dimpled texture pattern inspired by racing clutch plates, braided hoses, and cross-drilled racing brake rotors."

Steve

From what I understand in conversation with Mr. Arning it is a trim piece around the air bag. If that is true and it is in the dash, then this makes sense since the Shelby has a unique dash plate compared to the Mustang.

Hi There,

When was your car built? They may have a slow start on the latest hold up but to me a slow start is a day or 2 my car has been sitting out in the bird dung since March 18. And as far as the dealer goes he knows less than we do he has the same screen that those Ford people you get who know virtually nothing has.

Cobra09

Hey Cobra-

My car was built first week of May, and we have the title already... Still, Ford does not update the ship date, so it's anybody's guess when they will load them up and truck them out...

Hey Cobra-

My car was built first week of May, and we have the title already... Still, Ford does not update the ship date, so it's anybody's guess when they will load them up and truck them out...

Thanks Gus,

I still am amazed that in this great information highway someone at a High Level at Ford has not put out some kind of appology to all those purchasers waiting for a scrap of information on an exact shipping date. Oh well, if I was in IRAQ dodging bullets in in 130 degree heat I would be glad just to be able to go to McD's and have a burger and a coke, where I am sitting here in the comfort of my home complaining about not getting a $48,000 dollar car. GOD Bless our troops and the USA.

Cobra09

Thanks Gus,

I still am amazed that in this great information highway someone at a High Level at Ford has not put out some kind of appology to all those purchasers waiting for a scrap of information on an exact shipping date. Oh well, if I was in IRAQ dodging bullets in in 130 degree heat I would be glad just to be able to go to McD's and have a burger and a coke, where I am sitting here in the comfort of my home complaining about not getting a $48,000 dollar car. GOD Bless our troops and the USA.

Cobra09

YES, God Bless ALL of our Troops...

AND... I spoke to my dealer today and it seems FoMoCo has posted a delivery date for my car. JUNE 18th it is... :happy feet:

They just updated it today, as we have been checking all week and there was no news until the end of the day today. So, fingers crossed that its a "for real" date, and that there are no other delays. You heard it here first, I will keep everyone updated.

YES, God Bless ALL of our Troops...

AND... I spoke to my dealer today and it seems FoMoCo has posted a delivery date for my car. JUNE 18th it is... :happy feet:

They just updated it today, as we have been checking all week and there was no news until the end of the day today. So, fingers crossed that its a "for real" date, and that there are no other delays. You heard it here first, I will keep everyone updated.

What's your VIN?

Did you have a delivery date before? I had a delivery date of the 13th of May but obviously that didnt happen. Last time I called they said it was TBD.

Today was the first time its been given to me, apparently Ford updated it late in the day today. It was not there yesterday when my dealer checked. I'm still not getting my hopes up, but at least I have a day to "count down" to...

Honestly, I dont know how anybody could have given May 13th as a "real" delivery date... :headscratch: Sounds like some major chain yanking to me.

That was just an estimate I guess they had from when the car was built and it didnt take into account the delays, Im hoping next week will be different instead of the same old "another week" story.

What was your build date according to the window sticker, it shoud be the 9 digit number to the left of the blend number, its decoded but it should be 120090????

That was just an estimate I guess they had from when the car was built and it didnt take into account the delays, Im hoping next week will be different instead of the same old "another week" story.

What was your build date according to the window sticker, it shoud be the 9 digit number to the left of the blend number, its decoded but it should be 120090????

Its: 120090603

That date you got was the same generic delivery date as I did. Your build date is June 3rd and they usually estimate a 2 week delivery date from the build date which would be June 18th. If we see these cars start shipping next week you should still be around the same time...but only time will tell.

My sticker indicates a build date of 6 May 2009 (120090506). I haven't spoken with my dealer in a while, so I will call him today. Given this build date and my VIN, I should have a delivery date the same or earlier than 18 June, but we know how that goes.... :waiting::waiting::waiting:

my date is 120090309 and there is no ship date, your dealer is just like the rest of the dealers NO CLUE :headscratch: Call FORD MR.Arning he is about the best source if there is such a thing.

Cobra 09

Mine will be delivered tomorrow... :happy feet: Oh wait I'm sleep writing.

My dealer originallt tolld me fall when I ordered in March. I figured he said that so I wouldn't call him every week with a status report. I think that end of July - Oct is realistic. The handful sitting on the Ford lot, you may see by the end of June. That's my gut feeling.

Mine will be delivered tomorrow... :happy feet: Oh wait I'm sleep writing.

My dealer originallt tolld me fall when I ordered in March. I figured he said that so I wouldn't call him every week with a status report. I think that end of July - Oct is realistic. The handful sitting on the Ford lot, you may see by the end of June. That's my gut feeling.

You could be right, but if you are I will not own one/ Enough is Enough Ford is fast losing my respect. They have 3 weeks to ship or I will be with drawing my money and spend it on something I can put in my hand. 3 months after a vehicle is built is long enough. :banghead::finger:

Cobra09

You could be right, but if you are I will not own one/ Enough is Enough Ford is fast losing my respect. They have 3 weeks to ship or I will be with drawing my money and spend it on something I can put in my hand. 3 months after a vehicle is built is long enough. :banghead::finger:

Cobra09

Just wait. There is nothing better out there for the money. The Camaro is just butt uguly and the Challenger looks great but is too slow. If the Challanger had the performance of the Camaro for the price of the Camaro, I'd consider pulling my order, but there is nothing that compares. Stick with the 2010 GT500 and just figure it will be here by October.

Archived