TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts

Okay, now that the Super Snake is home, I have a few goodies I picked up while she was gone and I'm ready to start adding them. I purchased a set of the Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite hood struts, and I'm curious if anyone else has already installed them on the Super Snake.

Any issues or concerns I need to know about? I mentioned the idea to Kameron at SAI when I was going over the car with him and he cautioned me on it. He didn't seem to think it was such a great idea, but I wasn't looking for an endorsement either, just conversation.

I would be curious to know who has added them and how the install went? I would also be curious to now how they are working so far?

I did a little research add the SS hood weighs in excess of 40+LBS.

I don't believe any hood struts work.

That's why you were cautioned.

Good luck drilling. Please inform the forum if the Redline struts work. and pictures too!

I have read on this forum that it can warp your hood. You might want to look into it first.

Good luck

Haven't seen anyone with hood struts with any of Shelby's hoods KR or SS. I don't think the hood is strong enough to support the weight.

Okay, now that the Super Snake is home, I have a few goodies I picked up while she was gone and I'm ready to start adding them. I purchased a set of the Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite hood struts, and I'm curious if anyone else has already installed them on the Super Snake.

Any issues or concerns I need to know about? I mentioned the idea to Kameron at SAI when I was going over the car with him and he cautioned me on it. He didn't seem to think it was such a great idea, but I wasn't looking for an endorsement either, just conversation.

I would be curious to know who has added them and how the install went? I would also be curious to now how they are working so far?

[/quote

I have Shelby hood struts on my SS hood.The original struts would barely hold the hood up.Went to aftermarket struts and modified them(shortened).I only use the struts when showing the car.They are taken off before closing the hood for fear of distorting or bending the hood.

I had Steeda struts on mine and I thought about getting stronger cylinders as the hood wouldn't stay up but, I was afraid it might crack the hood when I tried to put it down. I ended up taking them off. I just use the prop rod. I would like to get black foam around the prop rod hole to protect the paint on the underside of the hood though. I don't think anyone makes a kit that is specific to the SS. I know Shelby doesn't as SHM tried them on my car and they wouldn't hold up the hood either. I guess the prop rod stays for now.

Don

Check out this thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26756

I had Steeda struts on mine and I thought about getting stronger cylinders as the hood wouldn't stay up but, I was afraid it might crack the hood when I tried to put it down. I ended up taking them off. I just use the prop rod. I would like to get black foam around the prop rod hole to protect the paint on the underside of the hood though. I don't think anyone makes a kit that is specific to the SS. I know Shelby doesn't as SHM tried them on my car and they wouldn't hold up the hood either. I guess the prop rod stays for now.

Don

Archived