TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th home

Finally got my 40th package completed and my baby is home again! The car looks great and the handling is unbelievable. I have a couple of questions.

1) The list of items in the package includes a chrome lug wrench but I cant find one in any of my boxes. Is it supposed to be there?

2) How come the tire width for the rear tires is smaller than stock?

Thanks.

Kelly

Finally got my 40th package completed and my baby is home again! The car looks great and the handling is unbelievable. I have a couple of questions.

1) The list of items in the package includes a chrome lug wrench but I cant find one in any of my boxes. Is it supposed to be there?

Thanks.

Kelly

I see they still have not changed the paperwork on the lug wrench. There isn't one. I guess some of the early upgrades had them, but not now.

I never compared the tire width.

Thanks.

Kelly

Due to the offset of the Razors - they made it 275s for the rear to avoid rubbing. That's why I had a set widened to 10.5" so I could put 305s on. Though I'm now considering a whole new axle shortened by 1/2" on each side to stop rubbing. Money pit? nah.

Thanks.

Kelly

The actual tire width(s) is the same as the Super Snake (275/20's) but the rim is narrower (9"). There has been much discussion on this and the fact that since the Shelby name is synonymous with performance one would think that they would be wider than stock......Not the case, maybe it simply has to do with the Razor sizing/availability?

Kelly,

Congratulations. As SSS mentioned, there is much discussion on the forum concerning this issue. Some of us, especially those that had performance upgrades opted to widen the back razors and put wider tires on. Let's see some pics.

Kelly,

Congratulations. As SSS mentioned, there is much discussion on the forum concerning this issue. Some of us, especially those that had performance upgrades opted to widen the back razors and put wider tires on. Let's see some pics.

I am working on posting some pics. May take a while as I am computer illiterate.

Kelly

thats awesome. I have yet to leave with mine. Maybe friday. the long weekens 1 week apart between canada and us buggered up my plans to fit it around work. do you drive yours much? I only have 900 miles on mine.

Put on 500 km just driving it from the border. I have approx 2300 km now. Good luck. You will love it.

Kelly

Archived