TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood rings & cable install

Just installed hood rings and cables to our 08 Mustang Shelby GT and are not sure how they should look. Cables look long. Do we need to be concerned about the cables wearing on the finish if we drive with them or are these just a "dress up for a show" kind of thing? Any thoughts? We would appreciate it.

Anyone headed to Volo, IL Shelby event June 7th?

Thanks,

Elden

Not sure I am clear on the question. The 2008 SGT comes with hood pins and cables as part of the SAI build. What is a hood ring? Are you referring to the base that is screwed to the hood? If your cables look too long, they need to be looped one time around the pins under the hood. Photos would help understand better. If you have the opportunity, give us a look at the problem. Thanks.

Jim

Just installed hood rings and cables to our 08 Mustang Shelby GT and are not sure how they should look. Cables look long. Do we need to be concerned about the cables wearing on the finish if we drive with them or are these just a "dress up for a show" kind of thing? Any thoughts? We would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Elden

If your cables look too long, they were not installed correctly...First, the plastic radiator cover needs to be removed...6 push pins I believe...then start on the left side...take the cable and pull it over the top of the hood pin mounting bracket to the right then fold it back under that same bracket and take it over to the area between the grille and the headlight pillar...that is where the cable should rest...just do the opposite on the right side...Then re mount the radiator cover...all should be good then...Once they are mounted like this, there should be no worry about them rubbing on your hood at all...

I kind of pinched my cables where they went over the mounting tab for the hood pin so they have a bend in them now and rest there without moving around a lot...

Thanks,

Elden

You need to wrap them around the pin and out again as has already been described. If you're going to Volo it might be best to wait and look at set there look for us or join us for Breakfast or the ChiTown Kruze on Sat.

Archived