TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who makes Color code F, Gulfstream Aqua?

The restoration shop told me today that he's having a hard time finding a manufacturer that makes a good quality color code F (Gulfsteam Aqua) paint for my 70 Shelby fastback. He normally uses the top of the line base coat/clear coat made by PPG but they do not have this color in their high quality paint line. Anybody have a recommendation? Thanks.

If there is any good original paint left on the car, Dupont has a color gun that will make a formula kinda like the one they use at Home Depot. That is how I matched the original special order Copper on my 69' Mach 1. Have the paint store or body shop get in touch with their rep. Bear in mind that the metallic used today is not the same size as it was in the old days.

The restoration shop told me today that he's having a hard time finding a manufacturer that makes a good quality color code F (Gulfsteam Aqua) paint for my 70 Shelby fastback. He normally uses the top of the line base coat/clear coat made by PPG but they do not have this color in their high quality paint line. Anybody have a recommendation? Thanks.

Has your restoration shop checked with their PPG sales rep?

Steve

Has your restoration shop checked with their PPG sales rep?

Steve

He said the salesman at the store told him it was only available in the Omni ? line but not in any other PPG lines of the other higher quality paint. I gave this him the information so he could check with a sales rep.

Also gave him the DuPont 4868F information, thanks to all.

Archived