TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who do I call?

i know there has been many threads on this but maybe im missing something. Who do I contact on replacing my wrinkled hood stripes on the car. I purchased the car out of my state so I think any other dealer doesn't want to be bothered. Do I call Shelby Automotive? And does anyone know a good place to do this in NY. Can I just go to someone other than a dealer?. I did read somewhere that some people just got a set of replacement stripes and keep them in a closet. Thanks for any help.

You think a dealer that didnt sell me the car would want to be bothered? You know how it is, you didnt buy it there they dont want to look your way. I cant have the dealer get me the stripes and I can have someone do it?

You have to have it done through a dealer for warranty to cover it.

You think a dealer that didnt sell me the car would want to be bothered? You know how it is, you didnt buy it there they dont want to look your way. I cant have the dealer get me the stripes and I can have someone do it?

There are 20+ pages on this topic in the hood scoop thread.

Read it like everyone else had to.

Ken

There may be some dealers like that, but find one that has their own body shop. A lot of dealers don't have a body shop and sub that work out. Or maybe one that doesn't have a body shop that has someone they use to install the stripes. I think Grabber's dealer sent someone out to his house to replace his stripe.

You can have your stripes replaced at any dealer. I bought my car in Connecticut, had my stripes replaced at Tasca in RI. The stripes had to be redone for the same condition, as well the fact that whoever did my stripes at tasca did a horrible job on them. I had my stripes fixed for the second time at an SVT Ford dealer in Iowa after I moved last summer. I would suggest finding the closest dealer that is SVT certified and dropping your car of there. Make sure you also get your hood scoop replaced to have to most recent redesign.

Good luck

08SGT1289

Archived