TEAM SHELBY FORUM

89 CSX Shifter Knob

agvs24

I noticed on my CSX shifter that it says "PUSH" under the "R" for reverse... This car has the A-555 manual which you PULL up on the ring under the knob to engage reverse. Is this the wrong knob for the car?? Maybe from an older L-body shifter where you had to push down for reverse? Or did all the knobs say "PUSH"??

I noticed on my CSX shifter that it says "PUSH" under the "R" for reverse... This car has the A-555 manual which you PULL up on the ring under the knob to engage reverse. Is this the wrong knob for the car?? Maybe from an older L-body shifter where you had to push down for reverse? Or did all the knobs say "PUSH"??

You have the A555 transmission with the lift up ring for reverse in your CSX. Sounds like someone replaced the correct shift pattern knob insert with one from another car. Chrysler no longer carries the correct A555 shift knob insert so you'll need to find a used one or someone that has a NOS one stashed away.

Steve

I think the knob on your car is from an 87 or 88 CSX. I recently bought an NOS CSX shift knob on ebay

for my 89 and it is like yours. It says push instead of pull.

Guess I'll put it back on ebay and identify the correct year for the knob so no one else makes

the same mistake.

Dennis

I think the knob on your car is from an 87 or 88 CSX. I recently bought an NOS CSX shift knob on ebay

for my 89 and it is like yours. It says push instead of pull.

Guess I'll put it back on ebay and identify the correct year for the knob so no one else makes

the same mistake.

Dennis

I saw that knob on ebay and didnt notice the "PUSH" either. I located one close to me in pretty good shape luckily.. may need some "white out" to fix the lettering LOL.

Archived