TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK, now I feel like a dummy

MarkGT08

I traded in a V-6 Mustang with the Pony package for my GO Shelby GT a couple of months ago. When I have driven it to work, it's usually pretty early to avoid LA traffic as much as possible. On a lot of those mornings, it's been foggy and misty in the dips and canyons on the 57. So I usually get on the road and turn on my fog lights, just like I did on my V-6.

So yesterday, I opened the garage door and it was already foggy outside, so I started the car turned on the headlights, and pulled on the fog light switch and I noticed, no additional lights relection on the wall of the garage. So I figure, "damn, what's wrong with my fog lights?". So I get out and look....and behold, there are NO fog lights. I never even noticed that there weren't any there. So, I'm driving in thinking... If there arent any fog lights, why is there a fog light switch? I was sure it has to have been talked about here at some point, but I searched and I don't see the topic.

So, did Ford put on fog lights and Shelby removed them? Or does Ford default to a fog light switch on every car even if it is not an installed option?

I traded in a V-6 Mustang with the Pony package for my GO Shelby GT a couple of months ago. When I have driven it to work, it's usually pretty early to avoid LA traffic as much as possible. On a lot of those mornings, it's been foggy and misty in the dips and canyons on the 57. So I usually get on the road and turn on my fog lights, just like I did on my V-6.

So yesterday, I opened the garage door and it was already foggy outside, so I started the car turned on the headlights, and pulled on the fog light switch and I noticed, no additional lights relection on the wall of the garage. So I figure, "damn, what's wrong with my fog lights?". So I get out and look....and behold, there are NO fog lights. I never even noticed that there weren't any there. So, I'm driving in thinking... If there arent any fog lights, why is there a fog light switch? I was sure it has to have been talked about here at some point, but I searched and I don't see the topic.

So, did Ford put on fog lights and Shelby removed them? Or does Ford default to a fog light switch on every car even if it is not an installed option?

It use to have fog lights prior to the enhancement

You can also purchase the CS6 grille kit that you see on my car. My grille lights work off the pre-existing fog light switch.

Thanks for all the great information. I really like the fog light look. I'm glad that the harness is in there still.

Thanks again guys,

Mark

I think they should have retained the fog lights. I would have liked to seen the factory lights installed in the current grill, in the same location as the old Shelby's.

If by old Shelby's you mean in the center of the grill, they couldn't do that and sell the car as new since that placement doesn't meet current laws.

I like the idea of an "Eleanor Style" light system for the lower grill.

Cervinis has a lower billet grill with lights kit for their custom front fascia but nothing for GT/CS-Shelby GT.

I would really like to see a billet upper grill with centered lights. This would retain the stock SGT look and allow use of the factory fog lights. Anyone seen something like this? I know there are some black grills out there with centered lights but billet would be really cool.

Olblue

I like the idea of an "Eleanor Style" light system for the lower grill.

Cervinis has a lower billet grill with lights kit for their custom front fascia but nothing for GT/CS-Shelby GT.

I would really like to see a billet upper grill with centered lights. This would retain the stock SGT look and allow use of the factory fog lights. Anyone seen something like this? I know there are some black grills out there with centered lights but billet would be really cool.

Olblue

Cervini Part# 7019-B3 $499.00

I want one for my 08' SGT vert.

jpl

Yeah i've seen that one and it is what I am interested in but the rendering in the ad does not "click" for me.

Something about it seems strange...size of the lights, bezels, etc. :headscratch:

I would like to see a pic of a real installation.

I really like the "C Series" bumper kit. Bumper Cover, driving lights, lower centered fog lights, billet grills all in one kit.

Pretty Cool :drool: $1500 + Paint + Stripes

I really wanted the stock Mustabg fog lights so, here's what I did. This is the AGENT 47 Grille with the stock GT fog lights. The grill is MUCH better looking than the original mustang grille. It is deeper set, and the honeycomb is made of powder coated steel wire for a much finer, less "chunky" appearance.

The stock mustang fog lights fit with just a small modification and the whole unit snaps right into the stock location. no modifications required.

Picture006.jpg

I really wanted the stock Mustabg fog lights so, here's what I did. This is the AGENT 47 Grille with the stock GT fog lights. The grill is MUCH better looking than the original mustang grille. It is deeper set, and the honeycomb is made of powder coated steel wire for a much finer, less "chunky" appearance.

The stock mustang fog lights fit with just a small modification and the whole unit snaps right into the stock location. no modifications required.

Picture006.jpg

Looks good, Bob

Picture006.jpg

Bob,

Looks great ! Does the Agent 47 Bat come off easy ?

uppergrill01_800.jpg

Also did you get the fog lights at ?New Take Off dot com....

Thanks

Andrew

Now that will get some attention. What 4 wheel mudhog did those come off of , :hysterical:

There Piaa's 40 series and they turn nite into day, I don't have to strain my eye's at nite when there are no street lights or dead blk highways wired right up to the fog light harness.

He needs those to find his painpills :hysterical:

Just kidding Racer

Good one but there for after, I take those pills stops blurry vision but not the drooling big turn off with the lady's!!!! :drool: Plus it blinds the cops coming the other way and they can't tell I'm naked :hysterical:

Bob,

Looks great ! Does the Agent 47 Bat come off easy ?

Thanks

Andrew

The bat is not included with the grille. Gotta pay extra for that.

I found the fog lights on ebay. around $25 each. They are side specific, so you need a left and a right.

And I got the old style Shelby snake from National Parts Depot.

Archived