TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Leaking Trunk???

bung

Ok, here's a weird one...

It's rained here in Florida for 3 day straight. Our son opened the trunk today and the beach chair, towel, and atlas my wife keeps in there were soaking wet but the carpet is completely dry. There is no water under the carpet, I couldn't feel any drips around the lip.

I'm baffled right now. Has anyone else has a similar experience.

Ok, here's a weird one...

It's rained here in Florida for 3 day straight. Our son opened the trunk today and the beach chair, towel, and atlas my wife keeps in there were soaking wet but the carpet is completely dry. There is no water under the carpet, I couldn't feel any drips around the lip.

I'm baffled right now. Has anyone else has a similar experience.

It's raining in your conditioned garage :headscratch: Check the spoiler bolts are tight. I had a GT that let water in around the spoiler connections and got stuff wet in the middle of the trunk, when being washed

PLUS........if you have Satalite Radio with the Antana mounted on the Trunk......Check that to.

+1000 This would be the first place to look if everything was in the middle of the trunk...Mine was leaking a little when I first bought the car...antenna was most definately loose...

Sounds like the Sirius antenna leaked directly onto your stuff and the towel absorbed it!

Speaking of which, have you guys seen this? "Coming Soon". Raceskinz is one of Team Shelby's new advertisers.

http://www.raceskinz.us.com/product_info.p...;products_id=79

Yep, it's the Sirius antenna. It's totally loose and doesn't look like it's ever been sealed. I don't know why did didn't have leaks before.

I wonder if it's supposed to have a gasket or some kind of seal under it. I think I might run a bead of silicon around it.

Thanks everyone.

The existing gasket should work fine once tightened up again. A simple test would be to put a brown paper bag in the trunk and after running the hose on the antenna check to see if the bag is wet.

Ask around if the silicone is safe on the clearcoat. You don't want to start some type of reaction that would bleed to a visible area.

The existing gasket should work fine once tightened up again. A simple test would be to put a brown paper bag in the trunk and after running the hose on the antenna check to see if the bag is wet.

Ask around if the silicone is safe on the clearcoat. You don't want to start some type of reaction that would bleed to a visible area.

Thanks for the heads up. That's a good point.

Archived