TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strange Noise from Suspension

Hi Everyone -

Need your help and infos about the suspension of the 08SGT. Last time when I took out my Shely for a ride I noticed a strange noise coming from the suspension, when I drove on an uneven street or over a hump. :cry: The noise is like a "clack" when I pass with the front and again when I pass with the back. When I drive over a street in good condition; there's no more noise. What can that be, has anyone a idea ? Maybe there's been already a topic existing? Thanks in advance for your help. :salute:

Fred

Hi Everyone -

Need your help and infos about the suspension of the 08SGT. Last time when I took out my Shely for a ride I noticed a strange noise coming from the suspension, when I drove on an uneven street or over a hump. :cry: The noise is like a "clack" when I pass with the front and again when I pass with the back. When I drive over a street in good condition; there's no more noise. What can that be, has anyone a idea ? Maybe there's been already a topic existing? Thanks in advance for your help. :salute:

Fred

Ditto on the previous reply. The SGT due to the lowered suspension and stress put on these cars from doing so, things can loosen up. I have found the front sway bars links come loose, for mine the driver side was the worst. Sounds like a bad clank, you can even hear it outside and get some funny looks from people when you are passing by. You can't find this noise with the suspension under load. Check these bolts. A proper torque and loctite if needed, no more issue. I also had exhaust clamp issues, rear sway bar links loose. Just tighten up and all should be good. And now :happy feet: :shift:

Good luck

Jeff

Do a search for "noise" or "chirp" etc. here, and in the Discussion forum for older posts, and you'll find a lot of historical info on the different causes of these sounds. Loose bolts, broken sway bar couplings, broken exhaust clamps, snapped muffler hangers, are a few of the things people have found over the last two years.

Archived