TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Brush With The Law

TRT 0403

I live in a townhome so not much space between the house and the street.

Yesterday morning I was in my living room and I heard voices right outside my window. I looked out and there were two police cars parked in front of my house. I thought what the heck and went downstairs and opened the door.

There were two policemen standing in my drive taking pictures of the Terlingua. When they saw me I got a big thumbs up and "Awesome Car" from both. I opened the hood and cranked her up. They looked her over top to bottom, asked lots of questions and offered compliments in every direction. They were pretty impressed.

We chatted for several minutes and they left with big smiles after assuring me that they would be guarding my house closely.

I'm proud to see that "Houston's Finest" have great taste in cars!!!

:banvictory: cool

I saw the title of this post and thought it might have something to do with the cops that were behind you last night after you left starbuck.

me too! i was hoping you would leave us a nice burnout but then the cop drove up next to you. you park the bunny car outside? hope you invest in a good alarm system quick.

I saw the title of this post and thought it might have something to do with the cops that were behind you last night after you left starbuck.

Fortunatley I saw him before I did anything too stupid

me too! i was hoping you would leave us a nice burnout but then the cop drove up next to you. you park the bunny car outside? hope you invest in a good alarm system quick.

The ground clearance is so low that I can't get it in my garage until I rig a ramp to clear the pipes over the last hump............and I have an alarm too.

That is to funny...i was going to mention the same thing. HPD was behind you to your right and took off very slow after you gunned it

I miss Houston... :cry:

At least I would have good friends to hang out with...I see a Shelby from time to time here...but no one from San Antonio is active in TS but me and my brother....

Too funny. :)

This whole thread is just playing out as a toon idea in my head.

Now with the wife and 16 yr going back to Missouri for family event and college visit this weekend,

just might have doodlin' time to make something happen.

The LoJack man paid a visit today. :happy feet:

At least I would have good friends to hang out with...I see a Shelby from time to time here...but no one from San Antonio is active in TS but me and my brother....

I'm finding lots of good people to hang with lately. I can see why you would miss it. Come on back and visit.........or maybe we need to dream up an event to get more Shelbys out your way.

Too funny. :)

This whole thread is just playing out as a toon idea in my head.

Now with the wife and 16 yr going back to Missouri for family event and college visit this weekend,

just might have doodlin' time to make something happen.

We love it when you hear the voices!!

It is fun when you have one they like.

I was taking my Cobra for a calibration drive after getting the new speedo gear installed (these are 60's mechanical, so the speedo is a cable that goes from the trans to the speedo with a gear that depends on the tires and rear end ratio - I needed a 19 tooth, the original was 21tooth).

After taking it for a spirited run I came back into town with the 25mph and the local sheriff was sitting in the middle of the road [with a bunch of "here I am" lights - to get people to slow down. I was going the speed limit as I always do and stopped to ask him if he had his gun on me. "No, you were going OK". I told him I was calibrating the speedo and he said go back around and "go right down the middle straight at me". I did and when I hit 25MPH I raised my hand above and flagged him. He said it was +/- 1/2 so the gear was right.

Then he said "If you want to go on a better road, we can meet later tonight". I know of a couple of roads, but I'd already checked higher speeds (75+) against the GPS and the matched so I told him it was OK and the GPS confirmed what we had already shown.

I think he was looking for a ride and he might get one, but this has been a busy two weeks....

I live in a small town and was on the town board and planning board so I know most of them.

I'm finding lots of good people to hang with lately. I can see why you would miss it. Come on back and visit.........or maybe we need to dream up an event to get more Shelbys out your way.

hmmmm, maybe a Saturday cruise to San Antonio to play :shift:

The LoJack man paid a visit today. :happy feet:

that is good news :superhero:

Yeah! We should plan a little get together for early October! Maybe go somewhere where we can have some REAL fun! :shades:

Sherri,

I think a trip to SA for the Houston folks is a great idea.

I think I will have a party next month (the old I kicked cancers ASS! party). I need to get a date set and I will let everyone know.

That's because San Antonio is filled with bitchy and elitist SAAC members. You just need to move up to Austin. There's quite a few of us there.

Archived