TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 SGT Hood Scoop

This is absolutely the BEST use of the 2007 SGT "original" hood scoop ! !

web.jpg

I very much appreciate the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation CSCF and the work they do.... this was an extra bonus for the $250 donation.

Turnaround time was less than 2 weeks, more pictures tonight.

Hopefully I will have the SGT back from the body shop with the Chip Beck hood scoop and painted stripes in time for Memorial Day weekend.

Take Care

Andrew

That is soo sweet. I wish SAI would sell us our old hood scoop back with Carrols Signature on it. Hell I would pay $600 if they did that.........I really wanted to keep my old one to frame and hang on the wall I guess the only way to keep your old one is to do what you did.

That is soo sweet. I wish SAI would sell us our old hood scoop back with Carrols Signature on it. Hell I would pay $600 if they did that.........I really wanted to keep my old one to frame and hang on the wall I guess the only way to keep your old one is to do what you did.

Maybe someone is listening! That would be one way to recoup some of the unexpected expenses.

This is absolutely the BEST use of the 2007 SGT "original" hood scoop ! !

Hopefully I will have the SGT back from the body shop with the Chip Beck hood scoop and painted stripes in time for Memorial Day weekend.

Andrew

Andrew,

That is outstanding! I may do that with my original scoop as well. When you get your new Heath/Beck Scoop on please post some photos of that!

Chip Beck

Really a great idea. :happy feet: I'd send mine in if I ever have to replace it. It would be worth buying somebody elses now as a donation to the cause.

I sent in my check and sun visor earlier this year :happy feet: It was a good feeling to write that check and to install my signed visor.

Andrew,

That is outstanding! I may do that with my original scoop as well. When you get your new Heath/Beck Scoop on please post some photos of that!

Chip Beck

Thanks Chip, I will post pictures of your hood scoop and the paint job as soon as I get her back.

Here are 2 more of the old one !

P5200037.JPG

P5200036.JPG

Take care

Andrew

I thought if you had it replaced with an SAI scoop the dealer retained your take off scoop and shipped it back to SAI. That is at least what the dealer told me, I wanted to keep my old scoop for my car parts art work in my garrage. I would love to have my or an old scoop signed hanging in my babies shop.

I thought if you had it replaced with an SAI scoop the dealer retained your take off scoop and shipped it back to SAI. That is at least what the dealer told me, I wanted to keep my old scoop for my car parts art work in my garrage. I would love to have my or an old scoop signed hanging in my babies shop.

That is true.

Some dealers were not aware, they are when the bill from Ford comes in, and there are scoops from crashed cars on ebay etc. In this case he replaced his scoop with a Chip Beck scoop so he's free to do what ever he wants with his old scoop.

The body shop mechanic at my dealer thought he could keep my old scoop for himself and painted it a different silver to match an nissan z car he had. The manager informed him he had to send the scoop back to shelby for a credit after the fact. I wonder what shelby thought when they got the scoop back and it was a different shade of silver.The mechanic had even filled in the rivet holes with fiberglass . I bet shelby was scratching there heads on that one. Great idea on the scoop. If i had not gotten mine fixed correctly then i think i would have done the signature thing also. I did finally get the airbag cover signed last week and it looks great.

Archived