TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVT WEBSITE

ROUSH360R

Actually, I think that D/C has introduced more models in this time than Ford has released info on this one car!

Does that make sense??? :headscratch:

Ford is more conservative then D/C. And it is all about marketshare. Be secretive as possible and you win curiousity. There is a drawback on that too. If you eventually introduce the car, a lot of people will be dissappointed as it will not reflect the rumors it created in the first place. Does this make sense? :idea:

Yes it does. Just wish they would release some more :censored: information! Time to order is sooooon!!

I just saw the following post on stangnet today:

"Yesterday's broadcast from Ford had information about bunch of new models and line ups for 07 , and they took 1 minute to mention this about Shelby:

" 2007 Mustang Shelby GT500 production will start early June for a late July release. EVERY Ford-dealer gets at least ONE unit. Dealers with PRESIDENTS award get a SECOND one. That's the plan for the "first batch". Total production units 7500. Exact price still unknown, but somewhere around mid 40's ""

I saw that the other day but didn't put to much credit to it. It seemed to be about a month out of date. Ford more than likely is still trying to get a handle on how many to produce to meet demand. They are in the bussness to sell cars so coming up short on demand is not in their best interest.

I saw that the other day but didn't put to much credit to it. It seemed to be about a month out of date. Ford more than likely is still trying to get a handle on how many to produce to meet demand. They are in the bussness to sell cars so coming up short on demand is not in their best interest.

You are absolutely correct. IMO, I think they should announce somewhere around 10k...and build as many (or close to it) as are ordered, per HTT. That would be great (and stop the dealer mark-up in its tracks).

I expect that 10k would probably max out thier production cpability anyway, considering that they are building the GT500 on the Mustang production line.

KingCobra.

I think there is room for 10k at AAI. In 2005 they wanted to increase Mustang production because of demand. In the end less Mustangs were produced then anticipated. So there is some room.

And otherwise they have to skip some Maaaaaaaaaaazdaaaaaaaaaaas.

I think there is room for 10k at AAI. In 2005 they wanted to increase Mustang production because of demand. In the end less Mustangs were produced then anticipated. So there is some room.

And otherwise they have to skip some Maaaaaaaaaaazdaaaaaaaaaaas.

Now that's a crying shame!!!

Skip some Mazda's, that just sucks the estrogen right out of me :D :D :D

KingCobra.

I want a guaranteed engine serial number so I know where I am in terms of production. Will I be able to find that out???

KingCobra.

Not to my knowledge, KC. Sorry.

One per dealer, good thing my dealer promised me the first one!

N---

Where did you get this (one per dealer) info???

Archived