TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08SS0281 is on it's way home!!!

Saw my car for the first time last week and now it's in transit. Can't wait for the truck to pull in my driveway!!!

Making the trip to Vegas to see the car before it was loaded up was well worth the time and money!

interior_upgrade.jpg

in_front_of_SAI.jpg

gauges_and_CSM__dasg_plaque.jpg

interior_upgrade.jpg

in_front_of_SAI.jpg

gauges_and_CSM__dasg_plaque.jpg

Very cool. Was SAI able to finish the 427 package before she left for home?

No, I took box delivery on the 427 package in March thinking I didn't want to delay the completion of the car. I should have, but I guess I was a little overly optimistic on their timeline for completion. Anyhow, I was also a little torn about the 427 badging and wanted to decide how much to add to the car once I had it in my hands. Now that I've seen the car, I like the badging and intend to go forward with the emblems on the outside. Still curious about the sill plates and as crazy as it sounds thinking of having one on each side - Super Snake on driver's side, 427 Edition on passenger's. Thinking I can make a neat display with some of the duplicate parts and still have everything if I ever change my mind.

The interior upgrade came out afterwards though and I just liked the two-color option and the rear seat logos.

No, I took box delivery on the 427 package in March thinking I didn't want to delay the completion of the car. I should have, but I guess I was a little overly optimistic on their timeline for completion. Anyhow, I was also a little torn about the 427 badging and wanted to decide how much to add to the car once I had it in my hands. Now that I've seen the car, I like the badging and intend to go forward with the emblems on the outside. Still curious about the sill plates and as crazy as it sounds thinking of having one on each side - Super Snake on driver's side, 427 Edition on passenger's. Thinking I can make a neat display with some of the duplicate parts and still have everything if I ever change my mind.

The interior upgrade came out afterwards though and I just liked the two-color option and the rear seat logos.

The mod shop that did the interior upgrade on my SS put the 427 interior in by mistake. Looked cool and I started thinking should I have them fix the mistake or should I spend 6k and have SAI do the complete 427 package. Well I decided to fix the interior mistake and use that money towards more suspension upgrades.

Your SS looks great.

• 1 month later...
Saw my car for the first time last week and now it's in transit. Can't wait for the truck to pull in my driveway!!!

Making the trip to Vegas to see the car before it was loaded up was well worth the time and money!

MustBD2, which aftermarket fuel door is that on your car?

I'm looking fo a good quality one if anybody has suggestions. Thanks

congrats on the new shelby!!! i remember the day i had to wait for mine to be delivered. i got a call from the dealer around 1pm saying the car had arrived on their lot. WTF?!?!?! i was livid - the last thing i wanted was the dealership to put on their stupid free advert for their dealership on my bumper. after several frantic calls to SAI the car was loaded back onto the trailer - no plastic removed or adverts attached - and driven to my house. i videotaped her arrival on jan 30, 2008 around 3:30pm: http://70.90.114.81/qtmedia/Shelby.html

Absolutely 100% smokin hot. The 2010 SS does not come close to this car. Beautiful!

Awesome ride! Congrats! Was the red interior stock for your black car, or is that part of the 427 upgrade?

Thx,

Jim

Awesome ride! Congrats! Was the red interior stock for your black car, or is that part of the 427 upgrade?

Thx,

Jim

It's the SAI interior upgrade. Had it added to the car while it was in Vegas for the SS package. (it's an option for added cost)

Archived