TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Update on Production

y2kvet

My production date was listed as 11/20/06 with a ETA 12/7/06, does anyone know where I might ba able confirm if car has ben produced this week. Vehicle Order Center will only confirm these dates as of 5:00 PM today.

My dealer Code is 21472

Order Number 6500

VIN 1Z-------75278291

Body T88

:sos::sos:

My production date was listed as 11/20/06 with a ETA 12/7/06, does anyone know where I might ba able confirm if car has ben produced this week. Vehicle Order Center will only confirm these dates as of 5:00 PM today.

My dealer Code is 21472

Order Number 6500

VIN 1Z-------75278291

Body T88

I spoke to my dealer on Monday, they said my car was still waiting on transport. :finger:

They call today and it was delivered.... :happy feet:

My car was built on Nov. 3, delivered Nov. 21.

My dealer Code is 21472

Order Number 6500

VIN 1Z-------75278291

Body T88

I'll be very interested in knowing how your order is going. I too have a production date of 11/20/06 :hyper: , but was told by customer service that my ETA is 12/13/06. My car has to be shipped to Arizona and my VIN is 1Z-------75278337.

:banvictory:

I think he's in the military. Stuck over seas for a few more days. That has got to hurt. :banghead:

I am pretty sure he provides "Energy" for our guys over there.

I gotta go check my MSN inbox. My Zone rep. just e-mailed me. :hyper:

I spoke to my dealer on Monday, they said my car was still waiting on transport. :finger:

That blows like a revooh. Get it?

:hysterical:

I'll be very interested in knowing how your order is going. I too have a production date of 11/20/06 :hyper: , but was told by customer service that my ETA is 12/13/06. My car has to be shipped to Arizona and my VIN is 1Z-------75278337.

This is interesting....mine is coming soon too. What's interesting is that the time between production/delivery for you is about 3 weeks. For me it's about 10 days. I think the difference is that I'm in Indiana, you are much farther away. I doubt mine will ever see a rail car. Stay tuned. I'm calling Ford shortly for an update.

Edit: Update - See http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...opid=64662& post 39.

Dave

That blows like a revooh. Get it?

:hysterical:

This is interesting....mine is coming soon too. What's interesting is that the time between production/delivery for you is about 3 weeks. For me it's about 10 days. I think the difference is that I'm in Indiana, you are much farther away. I doubt mine will ever see a rail car. Stay tuned. I'm calling Ford shortly for an update.

Dave

Ok Dave, I'm confused. :headscratch: it's not taking much right now :banghead: LOL

Y2kvet, CS is great to get a peace of mind. In my case, the system had shown my car sitting with no updates. Even the dealer had no idea it was shipped. :redcard:

So I guess what I was trying to say was, you'll get a BIG Suprise when they call. :happy feet:

I hope it comes in soon but if it happens like so many we have seen here, I would say you'll see it in 2 weeks give or take.... JMO.

:beerchug:

My dealer Code is 21472

Order Number 6500

VIN 1Z-------75278291

Body T88

The ETA I keep receiving from CS is also 12/7. Let me know if anything develops, and I'll do the same.

Thanks, Dave. Me soft brain no worky too fast. :doh::hysterical:

I just spoke with the VOPC at 4:00 PM, my car was built 11/20, released to motor convoy on 11/21 with an ETA of 12/7 to Loganville, Georgia. I ask if it was being taken to a rail yard and she insisted it was being shipped motor convoy to dealer.

I just spoke with the VOPC at 4:00 PM, my car was built 11/20, released to motor convoy on 11/21 with an ETA of 12/7 to Loganville, Georgia. I ask if it was being taken to a rail yard and she insisted it was being shipped motor convoy to dealer.

Congrats, y2kvet! Sounds like it's going to me a merry Xmas for you! :happy feet:

Ours are very close indeed, CS says mine had a scheduled date of 11/20. They couldn't give me a Build date. Still showing a delivery date of 12/7. I wish I had a VIN so that I could try to get more info from VOPC. :banghead:

Ours are very close indeed, CS says mine had a scheduled date of 11/20. They couldn't give me a Build date. Still showing a delivery date of 12/7. I wish I had a VIN so that I could try to get more info from VOPC. :banghead:

Marc,

I am confused.

You have no Vin # .

You have a Scheduled date.

You have a delivery date.

I have been told by many on this site and 2 Ford Reps. that untill you have a Vin.#, you basically are on Material hold. How do you have a scheduled date and a delivery date with no vin.#

Is someone giving you lip service or does your print out show this info ?

I smell a fish. :redcard:

Marc,

I am confused.

You have no Vin # .

You have a Scheduled date.

You have a delivery date.

I have been told by many on this site and 2 Ford Reps. that untill you have a Vin.#, you basically are on Material hold. How do you have a scheduled date and a delivery date with no vin.#

Is someone giving you lip service or does your print out show this info ?

I smell a fish. :redcard:

I guess I should say I haven't been given a VIN yet, not that I don't have one. I have only asked the CS rep for it today and they said that my dealer would have the most up-to-date info. The Dec 7 delivery date started as Nov 24, but has remained as Dec 7 for ~ 2 weeks now. I couldn't catch the dealer to check this afternoon, and I have been very careful not to bother him much since he has been so willing to work with me on the transaction.

He also indicated to my wife that he more or less wanted "to surprise me" when he made the call about the arrival, so I'm playing it cool (as cool as possible given my extreme PSDS). In any event, with it this close, I'm calling on Monday to get the latest info. I'm not smelling any fish, just not trying hard enough to get the right info from the right source..

You know what I mean Bill. CS can't tell me squat untill I get a Vin. Heck it isn't even a car untill it has a vin.

:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

CS has been able to give me info from day one, if you give them the dealer code, order#, model year, and body code. I have all of this info from the printed order confirmation that the dealer faxed.

I guess I should say I haven't been given a VIN yet, not that I don't have one. I have only asked the CS rep for it today and they said that my dealer would have the most up-to-date info. The Dec 7 delivery date started as Nov 24, but has remained as Dec 7 for ~ 2 weeks now. I couldn't catch the dealer to check this afternoon, and I have been very careful not to bother him much since he has been so willing to work with me on the transaction.

He also indicated to my wife that he more or less wanted "to surprise me" when he made the call about the arrival, so I'm playing it cool (as cool as possible given my extreme PSDS). In any event, with it this close, I'm calling on Monday to get the latest info. I'm not smelling any fish, just not trying hard enough to get the right info from the right source..

CS has been able to give me info from day one, if you give them the dealer code, order#, model year, and body code. I have all of this info from the printed order confirmation that the dealer faxed.

OK,

But understand this.

You are paying a pretty penny for this car.

It is the dealers job to give you info on your order.

It is not bothering the dealer to get this info.

You are the customer, NOT him.

The Vin# is your key to tracking the car on your own.

I hope you get your car soon. :hyper:

Thanks Mark for the above info.

When I have called CS in the past, they told me "can't help you untill you have a full vin". I just called them and tried what you said. They did look it up, and I am on Material hold as I thought.

OK,

But understand this.

You are paying a pretty penny for this car.

It is the dealers job to give you info on your order.

It is not bothering the dealer to get this info.

You are the customer, NOT him.

The Vin# is your key to tracking the car on your own.

I hope you get your car soon. :hyper:

I'm with you. The feel for me not wanting to "bother" the dealer spurred from one of my calls to CS which prompted Ford elevating my call to what seemed to be a customer complaint (unbeknowst to me). Long story short, the morning after I called CS, my dealer called me wanting to know if I called Ford yesterday and if everything was ok. Whatever happened at CS had come back to him in the form of a customer concern. I said yes, and that I had merely called them to get status about the order and that I in no way wanted it to be interpreted as a complaint or to look unfavorably on his dealership.

Since then I have been more careful to not drag him into my PSDS. But I agree, now is the time that I need my VIN.

:baby::baby:

Ask them (CS) when the last "maintenance date" was. That is (I think) the day it rolled off the line.

Ask them (CS) when the last "maintenance date" was. That is (I think) the day it rolled off the line.

Have you been able to get the vopc computer to give the status of a shelby? It seems to not understand what a T88 is. My shelby was released from the plant on 11/16 but I can't seem to find out if it has been shipped yet.

Have you been able to get the vopc computer to give the status of a shelby? It seems to not understand what a T88 is. My shelby was released from the plant on 11/16 but I can't seem to find out if it has been shipped yet.

I never could get VOPC automated system to recognize anything related to Shelby's. I honestly believe Ford has intentionaly programmed it to kick out all Shelby inquiries to an analyst. Even when I used my dealer's code# and order# it kicked me out to a live analyst who grilled me on why I was calling, when I had last received an update, what my name was, which department I worked in, etc.

You know what I mean Bill. CS can't tell me squat untill I get a Vin. Heck it isn't even a car untill it has a vin.

:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

Just to give you guys waiting for your Shelby's some idea, I just received my 2007 Mustang GT today at my dealership in northern Illinois. Here's the timeline:

Receipt Date: 8/17/2006

Serialize Date: 10/13/2006

Segment Date: 10/13/2006

Sequence Date: 10/25/2006

Blend Date: 11/1/2006

Produced Date: 11/10/2006

Gate Release Date: 11/10/2006

Ship Date: 11/10/2006

Arrival Date: 11/22/2006

Sold Date:

Thanks for that info sprint I'll do that. It's tough to know exactly what to ask for, and the reps usually have no idea about the relevant info..

I never could get VOPC automated system to recognize anything related to Shelby's. I honestly believe Ford has intentionaly programmed it to kick out all Shelby inquiries to an analyst. Even when I used my dealer's code# and order# it kicked me out to a live analyst who grilled me on why I was calling, when I had last received an update, what my name was, which department I worked in, etc.

Yes, that is correct. It is well documented on blueovalforums that VOPC was not programmed for the T88 body code, though I have no idea why.

by the way be careful on your vin# as you are only giving partials the number you just listed can be completed but i will not do that to you. for those who may be worried about someone being dishonest. i know the regulars on this site are all great folks.

by the way be careful on your vin# as you are only giving partials the number you just listed can be completed but i will not do that to you. for those who may be worried about someone being dishonest. i know the regulars on this site are all great folks.

I don't get it. You think someone can swipe your car with a Vin# ??? :drop:

OK so I called Ford this week and spoke to the SVT people. Apparently my vehicle we completed on 11/22 and was sent to the black hole they refer to as "stripeing". They tell me it could take 2 to 3 weeks there, then there's the holiday etc. They HOPE I will get it before Christmas but there are no promises being made. If I miss the holiday shutdown, it'll probably be January. :finger: So close but yet so far.

Any updates on your order y2kvet?

OK so I called Ford this week and spoke to the SVT people. Apparently my vehicle we completed on 11/22 and was sent to the black hole they refer to as "stripeing". They tell me it could take 2 to 3 weeks there, then there's the holiday etc. They HOPE I will get it before Christmas but there are no promises being made. If I miss the holiday shutdown, it'll probably be January. :finger: So close but yet so far.

Any updates on your order y2kvet?

As of yesterday it was released to convoy (train) and is now scheduled for ETA to dealer the week of 12-9-06. The first release date I got of 11/21/06 was to striping and not motor convoy as stated by VOPC. I am trying to get a railcar number from the dealer.

As of yesterday it was released to convoy (train) and is now scheduled for ETA to dealer the week of 12-9-06. The first release date I got of 11/21/06 was to striping and not motor convoy as stated by VOPC. I am trying to get a railcar number from the dealer.

I got an email from my dealer yesterday, my Shelby is on a railcar headed to Phoenix!! :hyper: :headspin:

I don't have an exact delivery date yet, but they figured it'd be about a week or so. At this rate, I should have my new car by the 15th at the latest! It's been a long wait (I put a deposit on the car April of 2005) but it looks like it's almost over.

Y2kvet, let me know when yours arrives! :shift:

Archived