TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Mustang info

Bish

FWIW: I've got some news to share, I have a friend who has some connections at Ford, he told me the Flat Rock plant is now shut down for two weeks. Theres a quality control hold on ALL Mustangs. The word he heard is there's a problem with the cover trim on the passanger air bag. The problem is when the car heats up from the sun, the air bag cover "bows" out 4mm, this problem has them stumped! He told me there's over 3000 mustangs setting waiting to be looked at to correct this issue. My friend has a interest in the 2010 Mustang as he has a 10 GT vert on order. After he told me this I took a ride by the plant and true enough, built mustangs are filling the lots. I did see a quite few Shelby's that were behind a black tarp fence and saw a few Ford employees driving Shelby's out of the plant as it was later in the afternoon when I did my "snooping". I got close enough to get a good look at the new Shelby, it looks awesome! (i've never seen the 10 Shelby in person) the 4"exhaust looks and sounds great!

I'm so lucky to live so close to where these cars are made.

He also told me the Shelby production issue was was due to excessive break noise, but that problem has been corrected, I thought that was interesting, I'm taking that as a rumor but could be true.

Are you saying that just the Mustangs are having the air bag problems or are the Shelby's having the same problem. Did you notice if any rail cars were staged and if any Shelby's had been loaded for shipping?

Are you saying that just the Mustangs are having the air bag problems or are the Shelby's having the same problem. Did you notice if any rail cars were staged and if any Shelby's had been loaded for shipping?

Great question, it was my understanding the problem is for both the Mustang & Shelby since that part is pretty much the same.

I saw one transport truck with a few Mustangs, no rail cars loaded in the area that I could see. NO Shelbys, they were pretty easy to spot due to the stripes.

I have a 2010 GT and a 2007 GT500 and the air bag cover is allmost identical in size and material. The color is different but that's all.I have had it in the sun @ 80+ degrees no problems so far.

I have a 2010 GT and a 2007 GT500 and the air bag cover is allmost identical in size and material. The color is different but that's all.I have had it in the sun @ 80+ degrees no problems so far.

I hear you, I can only report what I was told and what I saw with my own two eyes, it could be a false story, but I do trust this source, a retired ford engineer.

I hear you, I can only report what I was told and what I saw with my own two eyes, it could be a false story, but I do trust this source, a retired ford engineer.

I bet you can't wait to get your kona blue Shelby. I saw one @ the 45 annv. show last month, and it was a knock out. That color really makes the 2010 look great. The interior on the new mustang is so much better than the 07 Gt500 it's night and day.

I have been calling Ford Customer Service a couple times a week. I get a slightly different story every time. Today, the conversation went something like this:

Ford Rep.: Your import has been released from the foreign plant and is on its way to your dealer.

Me: Import?!? Foreign?!? But it's a Ford.

Ford Rep.: Not all Fords are built in the U.S., sir.

Me: But Flat Rock is the Final Assembly Point. Isn't that in Michigan?

Ford Rep.: All I can tell you is follow up with your dealer.

I have been calling Ford Customer Service a couple times a week. I get a slightly different story every time. Today, the conversation went something like this:

Ford Rep.: Your import has been released from the foreign plant and is on its way to your dealer.

:headscratch:

The foreign plant is where mazdas are built and also where our cars go to get striped, which is across from where the cars are actually built. They may be wrong about it being shipped but once its released from the foreign plant it goes back across the street to the loading area to be checked out once again. Released from gate means it has been loaded on the truck or train and is sent off to the dealer.

:beatdeadhorse: The reps are useless in this matter. Sorry to offend anyone.

The foreign plant is where mazdas are built and also where our cars go to get striped, which is across from where the cars are actually built. They may be wrong about it being shipped but once its released from the foreign plant it goes back across the street to the loading area to be checked out once again. Released from gate means it has been loaded on the truck or train and is sent off to the dealer.

That could be, I went by that area " across the street" yesterday too, I did not see Shelbys, only Mustangs. But MOST of the Mustangs I saw were on the main grounds of the plant. The area Zeindog refers to is a large area, I suppose there could have been some Shelbys way back there, just could not see them.

I bet you can't wait to get your kona blue Shelby. I saw one @ the 45 annv. show last month, and it was a knock out. That color really makes the 2010 look great. The interior on the new mustang is so much better than the 07 Gt500 it's night and day.

Yes Sir! :shift:

FWIW: I've got some news to share, I have a friend who has some connections at Ford, he told me the Flat Rock plant is now shut down for two weeks. Theres a quality control hold on ALL Mustangs. The word he heard is there's a problem with the cover trim on the passanger air bag. The problem is when the car heats up from the sun, the air bag cover "bows" out 4mm, this problem has them stumped! He told me there's over 3000 mustangs setting waiting to be looked at to correct this issue. My friend has a interest in the 2010 Mustang as he has a 10 GT vert on order. After he told me this I took a ride by the plant and true enough, built mustangs are filling the lots. I did see a quite few Shelby's that were behind a black tarp fence and saw a few Ford employees driving Shelby's out of the plant as it was later in the afternoon when I did my "snooping". I got close enough to get a good look at the new Shelby, it looks awesome! (i've never seen the 10 Shelby in person) the 4"exhaust looks and sounds great!

I'm so lucky to live so close to where these cars are made.

He also told me the Shelby production issue was was due to excessive break noise, but that problem has been corrected, I thought that was interesting, I'm taking that as a rumor but could be true.

I talked with Ford today, and they told me their was a trim fit problem and hold. Hope to begin shipping Friday, but he also told me to call him back next Wednesday and he should have a better handle on it. Mr. Arning in SVT engineering is who I talked to. Suggest everyone call, and often, we have got to break these cars loose or they will be there in September, (Grabber Blue with White Born March 18, 2009)

Cobra09

I really think the dealers are asking Ford to hold the 2010's for a little longer. They still have tons of 08 and 09 KR's on the lots. The 2010 GT500 is going to kill that market. Same car for less money, it is a hard pill to swallow for some of the dealers.

Just a thought! We all have to wait our turn!!!

I could understand that for dealer stock orders, but I have the money ready to go and I have no intention on buying a 08 or 09 thats why I specifically ordered a 2010. Maybe the dealers shouldnt of been so greedy to begin with and they would have to be having an apple out of that barrel.

Thanks for posting the pics and the info. A couple cars I have not seen white/blue and white/silver. If you happen to be by there again and see a black/grabber blue stripe and get a pic I think it would be the first posted on the net...kinda like a bigfoot sighting.

I really think the dealers are asking Ford to hold the 2010's for a little longer. They still have tons of 08 and 09 KR's on the lots. The 2010 GT500 is going to kill that market. Same car for less money, it is a hard pill to swallow for some of the dealers.

Just a thought! We all have to wait our turn!!!

Geedy baster :censored: dealers deserve getting stuck with the 09's and 08's with their BS bump stickers. They can bend over and get a bump up the :censored: !

I know the agony you guys are going through waiting for your cars . Sounds like 07` all over again waiting for them to be striped & then have it put on hold for QC check & then the shipping..

I know the agony you guys are going through waiting for your cars . Sounds like 07` all over again waiting for them to be striped & then have it put on hold for QC check & then the shipping..

How long was the delay on the 07's? What month did they ship, getting really tired of waiting , if there are as many problems as are indicated by National Holds maybe they need to say we will release them in September as 2010 true models.

Cobra09

Hopefully we'll see these in less than 1 month.

FYI - I still can not get used to the rear end on these cars. I hope the "in-person" appearance really helps because if it doesn't the rear end just dominates the entire cars looks once you get around to the back of the car. I mean it is fugn' ugly but hopefully I am wrong?! The front and side views are incredible looking in the pictures though.

Hopefully we'll see these in less than 1 month.

FYI - I still can not get used to the rear end on these cars. I hope the "in-person" appearance really helps because if it doesn't the rear end just dominates the entire cars looks once you get around to the back of the car. I mean it is fugn' ugly but hopefully I am wrong?! The front and side views are incredible looking in the pictures though.

I saw the car at the NY autoshow. I have a 2010 GT500 on order and like the previous rear better, but the 2010 is not bad, just different. All else with the 2010 is better. As far as a delivery date, my dealer originally told me fall-time when I ordered mine in March. When you guys told me yours would be in, in May I was doubtful. I don't even have a vin# yet. As soon as I hear you guy tell me that you have possession of yours, I'll be pressuring my dealer for a vin#.

I saw the car at the NY autoshow. I have a 2010 GT500 on order and like the previous rear better, but the 2010 is not bad, just different. All else with the 2010 is better. As far as a delivery date, my dealer originally told me fall-time when I ordered mine in March. When you guys told me yours would be in, in May I was doubtful. I don't even have a vin# yet. As soon as I hear you guy tell me that you have possession of yours, I'll be pressuring my dealer for a vin#.

Hey Grabber-

I ordered mine in early April, and had a VIN within 2 weeks. My window sticker is now up and posted (as of 5/14). My dealer called me yesterday and told me they just received the MSO (title) to the car in Thursday's mail. USUALLY- A car will deliver to the dealer within 14 days of receiving the title. SO, that's what we're going with right now. Car should be in my possession in the next 2-3 weeks. I will keep everyone posted.

Neil

Hey Grabber-

I ordered mine in early April, and had a VIN within 2 weeks. My window sticker is now up and posted (as of 5/14). My dealer called me yesterday and told me they just received the MSO (title) to the car in Thursday's mail. USUALLY- A car will deliver to the dealer within 14 days of receiving the title. SO, that's what we're going with right now. Car should be in my possession in the next 2-3 weeks. I will keep everyone posted.

Neil

That would be great, thanks.

Yeah Grabber, it's hard to believe that your dealer doesn't have a VIN by now. I placed my order in late March and had a VIN within a few weeks. I'm encouraged by goldgus having an MSO on his vehicle, although I'm trying to remain cautiously optomistic, as they say.

Archived