TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Shelby GT500 Pricing

jamers99

I saw 3 2009 Shelby GT500's on the dealer lot with stickers at around 40k plus an additional 20k market adjustment (60k total). I am new to this forum and was wondering if the 2010 will have a markup by the dealer or if the release of the 2010 Camero will help level the competition and bring prices at least back to sticker. I haven't asked my local dealer yet about ordering or pricing. I'm eligible for D-Plan pricing but I don't think that applies to Shelby's.

If I did buy one, I would be keeping it for the long haul as a collectible. Will it keep it's value?

Ditto above. I have not yet heard of a single person that has paid more than MSRP for a 2010 GT500. Even better deals can be had on 2009s. That dealer sounds either insanely greedy, or stupid, or both.

In terms of investment, the car should hold its value better than average, but it's certainly not rare and won't make you rich. Mine's going to be a toy, but I'm still going to drive it as much as I can; that's what they're made for.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. New to the forum. I would like to purchase a 2010 gt500. I see on the forum that guys are ordering cars at MSRP form some dealerships. Any names of dealerships that you can pass along. Thanks in advance for the info.

Steve

Hi. New to the forum. I would like to purchase a 2010 gt500. I see on the forum that guys are ordering cars at MSRP form some dealerships. Any names of dealerships that you can pass along. Thanks in advance for the info.

Steve

Michael Morris! :happy feet:

Michael Morris! :happy feet:

Ditto Michael Morris-, i ordered mine thru him-he can drop ship anywhwre and very knowledegable--send him a PM..Hes got 2 alocations left.Mine was just built

Here is a picture taken of BP right before meeting with his Dealer. I believe he got the best deal I have seen. :happy feet:

LOL, I was suprised how quick I could find some dealers in the Baltimore, MD area to deal. Originally it was $1500 over invoice and I had to work them down another $500 to make the whole deal work. I'm buying this car about six month sooner then I thought I would have. I like what Ford was doing not taking bailout money and wanted to support them before it was too late. However, I need to sell my 05 GT pronto!

LOL, I was suprised how quick I could find some dealers in the Baltimore, MD area to deal. Originally it was $1500 over invoice and I had to work them down another $500 to make the whole deal work. I'm buying this car about six month sooner then I thought I would have. I like what Ford was doing not taking bailout money and wanted to support them before it was too late. However, I need to sell my 05 GT pronto!

where are you guys getting your cobra's for 1k over invoice. I'm just starting my search, but i'm not willing to pay MSRP, i feel like 1k to 1500 over invoice is a fair price and adding the Navi and HID's to that price. I'm located in CT...

thanks! Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post the info here.

You bought a 2010 Shelby GT 500 for $1000 over true invoice?

Cobra09

where are you guys getting your cobra's for 1k over invoice. I'm just starting my search, but i'm not willing to pay MSRP, i feel like 1k to 1500 over invoice is a fair price and adding the Navi and HID's to that price. I'm located in CT...

thanks! Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post the info here.

$1000 below MSRP is a good deal. This is not a GT mustang. I assume you are talking about a 2010/

Cobra 09

$1000 below MSRP is a good deal. This is not a GT mustang. I assume you are talking about a 2010/

Cobra 09

i really don't feel like that is a good deal. the difference from invoice to MSRP is close to 5k, that's huge. not to mention, the dealership still makes a nice little chunk of change selling at invoice. Ford needs to concentrate on market share and selling cars, not overcharging for something that is not even limited.

1k over invoice is a fair price, MSRP is crazy IMO.

You bought a 2010 Shelby GT 500 for $1000 over true invoice?

Cobra09

46,951.82 Price level 030

Package Code 820A

Shelby Coupe P8J

Kona Blue L6

Seats 62

HID 51H

Electronic Package 58x

White Stripes 852

Cover 971

MSRP 51,270.00

My price was $47959.00 It's like $1007 dollars.

Got got word today that it would be built on 6/22/09 and I placed the order on 5/15/09.

There will always be dealers hitting customers hard with adm fees. In my searches for GT500's I see dealers holding onto 400 and 500 day old units ... the sales manager desperatly wants to unload the car to us ... but is over ridden by the dealer principal.

FWIW .... we havea ordered 2010 .... not serialized yet ..... anyone is welcome to the car ... we can change the color and options ... and best part ... we will sell it below MSRP !!!

grabber blue convertible with red stripes for $250 over dealer invoice.

Dealer installed jba long tube exhaust and new spec clutch on my 08SS0083 and I told him I wanted to order a 2010 gt 500. He said $500 over invoice and it is a deal... and I said $250 OVER. HE said okay and it should be here around the fourth of July. I can't wait to have one I can drive the wheels off of until I send it to Vegas for the ss conversion!!

46,951.82 Price level 030

Package Code 820A

Shelby Coupe P8J

Kona Blue L6

Seats 62

HID 51H

Electronic Package 58x

White Stripes 852

Cover 971

MSRP 51,270.00

My price was $47959.00 It's like $1007 dollars.

Got got word today that it would be built on 6/22/09 and I placed the order on 5/15/09.

Congratulations,

Alright guys there is the dealer you can get the good deal from.

Cobra09

Need to remember gas guzzler tax...something unavoidable yet less than years pass. I am 1.5k over invoice. With all other fees, leaving dealership at 47.7k.

Congratulations,

Alright guys there is the dealer you can get the good deal from.

Cobra09

Need to remember gas guzzler tax...something unavoidable yet less than years pass. I am 1.5k over invoice. With all other fees, leaving dealership at 47.7k.

The price I listed included gas guzzler tax and destination.

Hey folks,

As you can see, this is my first post here. I currently own a basically stock 03 Cobra (stainless works exhaust only, my daily driver). I was interested in the 2007 GT500s when they came out, but could not stomach the rediculous ADMs dealers were asking for. Upon reading about the 2010 GT500, and reading in several forums where folks were getting deals from slightly over Invoice to MSRP, I figured it was time to trade up.

So, after doing some research on the topic, I called some local dealers yesterday, and visited a couple today. My intent was to place an order on a 2010 GT500, paying $1k over invoice, while trading in my 03 Cobra. From what I had read here and in other fourms, that seemed to me to be fair to both myself and the dealers. In doing so, however, I have come across some questions, the answers to which I have been unable to find in web searches, and was wondering if you folks would be able to fill in these blanks for me.

When I bought my 99 and 03 Cobras, it used to be that only SVT dealerships could place the order. Is that still the case? I ask because a non-SVT dealership told me they could place the order, but the SVT dealership I later visited mentioned that any dealership could place the order, but that did not mean the car would be built.

Also, the folks from the SVT dealership told me that all the Shelbys need to go to the Shelby factory (Vegas) for final prep work, and that that could be a source of any hold ups on deliveries. I had not heard that the 2010 GT500 needed to go to Shelby as part of the assembly; is this the case?

Thanks so much for any insights you can give, and especially for the wealth of knowledge you guys provide in just reading these forums. It certainly helps prospective owners get a better handle on how best to go about getting our hands on these sweet machines. On that note, if anyone knows of any dealers in the MA area that are willing to make a deal at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Sammy

Archived