TEAM SHELBY FORUM

427 Rocker Panel Sticker

I finally got around to getting my 427 rocker panel stickers put on my car. I'm not sure if it's just me or if the 40th Anniversary stripes are different size from the Super Snake, but this is how it came out. I went ahead and had some made that is the correct size and correct color. Did anyone else have this problem? Unforunately it cost me more money to have it made, but I think it looks great now.

post-7985-1242610090_thumb.jpg

post-7985-1242610109_thumb.jpg

post-7985-1242610090_thumb.jpg

post-7985-1242610109_thumb.jpg

I finally got around to getting my 427 rocker panel stickers put on my car. I'm not sure if it's just me or if the 40th Anniversary stripes are different size from the Super Snake, but this is how it came out. I went ahead and had some made that is the correct size and correct color. Did anyone else have this problem? Unforunately it cost me more money to have it made, but I think it looks great now.

Same problem for me except they sent me the Super Snake stripes instead of the regular GT500 stripes. (Looks like they sent you the regular GT500 stripes). It took me 2 weeks to to finally convince them to send me the right ones. I also have them on my car, but the problem I now have is the new stripes are duller than the rest of the factory stripes. Any ideas on how to shine up the new ones to match the factory stripes?

The top set looks like you were sent a set for a stock GT500--not the 40th---yes--2 different types of stripe. if I knew before hand, I would have made sure shipping would have sent out the correct ones--which still could be done.

The second set (SS's) sort of the same but different issue. The SS stripes were changed from the flat black to a different type of black. This can be rectified too. But I thought when the set was sent and I was notified, I sent them out overnight. I didn't think it took two weeks to get? :headscratch:

Bud

The top set looks like you were sent a set for a stock GT500--not the 40th---yes--2 different types of stripe. if I knew before hand, I would have made sure shipping would have sent out the correct ones--which still could be done.

The second set (SS's) sort of the same but different issue. The SS stripes were changed from the flat black to a different type of black. This can be rectified too. But I thought when the set was sent and I was notified, I sent them out overnight. I didn't think it took two weeks to get? :headscratch:

Bud

Yes I did receive them overnight. Thank You! All I was saying is it took 2 weeks from the time I received them until we finally realized they were the SS stripes and the proper ones sent. This took a couple of phone calls and some time.

So what can we do about 427 stripes being duller than the stock stripes?

Doug, sorry to hear about your 427 stripes. I'm sure Bud will make things right for you. My stripes were the correct size and color match. Buy the way, I think you have the only 40th out of all of us that is upgraded with it's own personality and not just your everyday Shelby upgrades. Good job!

Bud

Bud,

You mentioned that the color difference can be rectified. Will you be sending me another set of gloss black or do you have another solution. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Bud,

You mentioned that the color difference can be rectified. Will you be sending me another set of gloss black or do you have another solution. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

They have already been packed in with the rest of the kit and will be shipping out any day now. And I did the same thing with Doug's stripes.

Bud

They have already been packed in with the rest of the kit and will be shipping out any day now. And I did the same thing with Doug's stripes.

Bud

The packages are out and I hve mine :happy feet: Great package and thanks to everybody at SAI. It must have been a huge undertaking to distribute all these neat things.

thanks

Randy 159 of 427

The packages are out and I have mine :happy feet: Great package and thanks to everybody at SAI. It must have been a huge undertaking to distribute all these neat things.

thanks

Randy 159 of 427

You have no idea!!!! LOL At least I still have some hair left :hysterical:

Have a GREAT HOLIDAY weekend ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

Thank You Bud for all your help!

Thank you Bud! We all definitely appreciate all your help and you definitely are the catalyst of Shelby Automobiles. It's people like you that makes Shelby stand-out and truly represents quality! Cheers my friend!

Doug

Archived