TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07's Shelby for Sale

07 Shelby Cobra

Well Guys, sometimes life throws a curve at you and well, you know........

Unfortunately the wife and I have split up and I have to Sell my Shelby.

Child Support for three young Children and Spousal Support, doesn't leave much left for the Toys in life.

My Shelby is Torch Red/White Stripes, Premium Interior with Red Inserts and it has Boomerang Tracking with a 3 year transferable Subscription.

It has 2200kms, or 1367 miles. 90% being highway kilometers.

I took delivery on July 28th. That's less than 550km driven per month.

Always garaged. No Mods.

Taking Offers. PM me or email at skidooen2@rogers.com

** I also have my Ontario 07SHELBY license plate available for Sale. I never Registered it to the car, so it's fully Transferable.

I'm located between Barrie and Orillia.

Please no Bashing Guys, this doesn't come easily and isn't something that I want to do.

Regardless, I've had a lot of good fun on this Site, made some friends along the way and those that I've met have been fantastic! Thanks Guys, I'll be checking in from time to time!

Take Care All,

Dave Baxter. :beerchug:

Child Support for three young Children and Spousal Support, doesn't leave much left for the Toys in life.

My Shelby is Torch Red/White Stripes, Premium Interior with Red Inserts and it has Boomerang Tracking with a 3 year transferable Subscription.

Always garaged. No Mods.

** I also have my Ontario 07SHELBY license plate available for Sale. I never Registered it to the car, so it's fully Transferable.

Please no Bashing Guys, this doesn't come easily and isn't something that I want to do.

Regardless, I've had a lot of good fun on this Site, made some friends along the way and those that I've met have been fantastic! Thanks Guys, I'll be checking in from time to time!

Take Care All,

Always garaged. No Mods.

Take Care All,

Sorry bud that things have happened the way they have ......stay strong .....and love those kids.

Always garaged. No Mods.

Take Care All,

Very, very sorry to hear that Dave. Been there done that, so I know what you're going through really sucks! Hang in there buddy

Dave, I'm sorry to hear about you and your wife splitting up. just keep the kids as your priority and get them through this tough situation...and you and your wife(ex?)

Hopefully one day you will own another Shelby. Look at it this way, at least you now have a chance to get the right colour combination. White with blue stripes.

Anything I can help out with you've got my number

Paul

Dave, I have read many of your posts over the last months. It just hurts to read this one.

Ditto!

And it took me this long to be able to come back and actually write something. Your post seems pretty final does this mean you won't be posting either. I've been following this journey with you for well over a year and likely longer since I was lurking for some time. Hopefully you'll continue to post, and we can meet up at Hooters in Barrie...its the car but its also the folks that buy em that make up the community. Hopefully you can keep coming back. I know if I lost my ride...well lets just say painful reminders.

Good Luck hope to see you posting!

Cheers,

Barry

Hi Dave,

Damn sorry to hear of your situation, yes, life does throw us a curve sometimes. But all good things come to good people. So I am sure things will work out for you and you will again have the toys that you cherish so much.

I will be speaking to a friend of mine tonight that has been looking for a Shelby, in the worst way. If anything positive cames out of my conversation with him, I will PM you right away.

All the luck in the world Dave.

Keith

Dave:

Sorry to hear about the sad news.

I have 3 young boys (8,10,12) and have always worked out any differences with the wife. We just bicker. So we are the Bickersons.

Good luck and chin-up.

Keep you health. It's the only thing that matters anyways!

Mike

This is my very first post and I chose to reach out to you as opposed to car stuff for my inagural post.

Sorry to hear your news Dave. It is a challenge always to make it work with life being so busy and complicated.

The kids are the most important and they seem to work through it as most do ok.

I hope the car was not the last straw, you know financial and differing goals.

We have in our family 2 stangs and sometimes I feel uncomfortable considering a third "super" car.

I hope all works out for you as painlessly as possible.

Most things are meant to be.

Michael

• 2 months later...

Well Everyone, it's a sad day. I sold my Shelby to a gentleman from Quebec City and today Thorson's picked her up at the house. It isn't something I wanted to do but oh well. Yes sorry, I did make a small profit on it after taxes. However, the Buyer is really happy. Being from the province of Quebec, which only has 2 SVT Dealers, the prices are out of this world and he wasn't on a waiting list.

Anyhow, I have decided to keep my 07SHELBY plates. Perhaps someday down the road I'll be back!

Welcome the new owner, Mr. Eric Robichaud to the Site. :)

Thanks for all the support Guys and Gals, Dave Baxter.

post-2683-1172430882_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172430942_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172431011_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172431078_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172431179_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172431272_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172430882_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172430942_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172431011_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172431078_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172431179_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172431272_thumb.jpg

Well Everyone, it's a sad day. I sold my Shelby to a gentleman from Quebec City and today Thorson's picked her up at the house. It isn't something I wanted to do but oh well. Yes sorry, I did make a small profit on it after taxes. However, the Buyer is really happy. Being from the province of Quebec, which only has 2 SVT Dealers, the prices are out of this world and he wasn't on a waiting list.

Anyhow, I decided to keep my 07SHELBY plates. Perhaps someday down the road I'll be back!

Dave,

You do keep those plates.......I know some day you will be back. It's in your blood. I am glad you got all your money plus some back. That would of made it hurt even more if you could not break even.

We hope your buyer visits our site and we will be sure to give him a warm welcome. I sure hope you check in with us now and then to let us know how things are going. You don't have to have a car to post here ya know. BTW your son is a cutie in those photos. Take care.

Grabber !

Anyhow, I have decided to keep my 07SHELBY plates. Perhaps someday down the road I'll be back!

To all of you Guys and Gals visiting this site, just a few words to tell you I'm the lucky new owner of Dave's awsome ride! Dave has been a great seller and I thoroughly enjoyed the buying experience. I got a fair deal that I am comfortable with and as Dave rightly says, these cars are very hard to get at a decent price in Quebec with just 2 SVT dealers.

Like all other posters out here, I do wish Dave best of luck, and hope to see him driving another Shelby very soon!

Eric

To all of you Guys and Gals visiting this site, just a few words to tell you I'm the lucky new owner of Dave's awsome ride! Dave has been a great seller and I thoroughly enjoyed the buying experience. I got a fair deal that I am comfortable with and as Dave rightly says, these cars are very hard to get at a decent price in Quebec with just 2 SVT dealers.

Like all other posters out here, I do wish Dave best of luck, and hope to see him driving another Shelby very soon!

Eric

Welcome Eric glad to have you on the site. You will find that this site is full of car enthusiasts who are very good people with a lot of knowledge. Don't be afraid to ask as someone here will have the answer. As sorry as we were to hear about Dave, I am equally happy that his Shelby found a good home with you, welcome!!!!

Sorry Dave but i'm sure you will again be in a shelby!Best of luck!!! ,cute kid you got there.

Thanks everyone for your support. Yes damn it I'll be back! Kaylan, Paul, you're a smart ass and it was good meeting you and Robert Lane at Burl's Creek! Thanks for the Cell call back in December by the way. I barely remember it. ;) I'll be kicking myself that I sold one of the first 07' Canadian Shelbys!! Got it before Paul did! Yello,... Thanks, and enjoy!

Grabber, Thanks for the kind and supportive words... yes, I was the first at my dealership and I put a downpayment for her back in March 05'. Bill, I'll keep the Banner and You're #1, I will see you at Virginia Beach!! Ruff, to you... I still have those ball caps and I will keep them until the dream is gone. Never will...! Keep writing those fantastic reviews and Evo and JLT updates guys.. Hey I'm not going anywhere... I was here before most of ya!! LOL!! Cheers. Thanks SVTKeith and thanks King Cobra... wherever you got to King! Thanks to you too fastang!

Had to do it Guys. Sorry.

post-2683-1172819023_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172819288_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172819459_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172819023_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172819288_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1172819459_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for your support. Yes damn it I'll be back! Kaylan, Paul, you're a smart ass and it was good meeting you and Robert Lane at Burl's Creek! Thanks for the Cell call back in December by the way. I barely remember it. ;) I'll be kicking myself that I sold one of the first 07' Canadian Shelbys!! Got it before Paul did! Yello,... Thanks, and enjoy!

Grabber, Thanks for the kind and supportive words... yes, I was the first at my dealership and I put a downpayment for her back in March 05'. Bill, I'll keep the Banner and You're #1, I will see you at Virginia Beach!! Ruff, to you... I still have those ball caps and I will keep them until the dream is gone. Never will...! Keep writing those fantastic reviews and Evo and JLT updates guys.. Hey I'm not going anywhere... I was here before most of ya!! LOL!! Cheers. Thanks SVTKeith and thanks King Cobra... wherever you got to King! Thanks to you too fastang!

All the best to you Dave!!!I know down the road you will get another shelby!! You most likely did get the first shelby in CANADA!And with that kind of determanation you will win again!!!Best of luck DAVE!!! ROB...

I feel your pain. If you are ever in the neighborhood this Summer give us a call. :beerchug: I should have my Vert for May long weekend.

Maybe a Shelby get together.

:party2: I'll let you sit in my Alloy/ Tungsten Vert. Maybe even drive it. :shift: Sorry its not red. :blink:

Things will get better. :yup:

• 2 months later...

I 'm newer to the site Mar07, just hope all is good with you and family, tough thing to go through. I did when I was 13 so I have the childrens point of view, do what you can to spend time with them, it really helps. Hope you get another someday....

Archived