TEAM SHELBY FORUM

very bad family news

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got word last night that Leslie's PET scan came back clear, which means that the cancer is isolated to one breast, hasn't spread anywhere else in her body, and may not have even reached her lymph nodes yet. This is all very good news for her. Thanks again for all of your prayers, thoughts, and cards.

Ken

Praise God. :happy feet:

I just got word last night that Leslie's PET scan came back clear, which means that the cancer is isolated to one breast, hasn't spread anywhere else in her body, and may not have even reached her lymph nodes yet. This is all very good news for her. Thanks again for all of your prayers, thoughts, and cards.

Ken

Great news!! Prayers continue!!

• 5 months later...

It's been 6 months nearly to the day that Leslie found out that she had breast cancer. She has only 1 treatment to go next month and is doing phenomenally well.

Her hair is starting to grow back, she feels much less lethargic and sick than she did at first, and is ready to start planning her 'I kicked cancer's ass party' soon.

Thanks again for your guys' thoughts and prayers. :)

Ken

It's been 6 months nearly to the day that Leslie found out that she had breast cancer. She has only 1 treatment to go next month and is doing phenomenally well.

Her hair is starting to grow back, she feels much less lethargic and sick than she did at first, and is ready to start planning her 'I kicked cancer's ass party' soon.

Thanks again for your guys' thoughts and prayers. :)

Ken

Great news Ken! :happy feet:

This is wonderful news and what a fighter Leslie is...... :happy feet: :happy feet: She deserves a HUGE PARTY surrounded by everyone she Loves...... :grouphug: She has a whole life ahead of her especially with her young boys and I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.... :)

Thanks again guys (and girls).. Such an amazing little group we have here in TS. I was wrong about the dates. Les just had her final chemo yesterday and is exhausted, but doing well. Now all that's left is the surgery in a couple of weeks and she can get back to her normal life. Just wanted to keep those interested up to date. Anyway, thanks again for the kind words and encouragement. :)

Ken

• 1 month later...

Leslie's surgery went well right before Christmas and the doctors told her that her lymph nodes looked clear. However, after receiving the pathology results last week, they've told her that 3 lymph nodes tested positive for cancer, meaning that the cancer was there the entire time. She starts radiation soon and prepares for another surgery. The news is devastating. Continued prayers appreciated.

Ken

Archived