TEAM SHELBY FORUM

very bad family news

My brother's wife who is only 39 years old found out last night that she has a very aggressive and invasive breast cancer. She's been a part of our family for 15 years and they have 2 beautiful boys (8 and 5).

His name is Shelby and he's a TS member too (shelbya). I've posted a few threads with some mods he's done to his 07 GT500. Her name is Les. The reason I'm posting about this is to ask for your prayers and thoughts.

I'm not a church going guy myself, but they are and have been for years. That aside, they can use all the help they can get right now, as I can't imagine the kind of weight that's sitting on their minds today.

She starts chemo next week and apparently for the next 10 months. Thanks in advance.

Ken

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My brother's wife who is only 39 years old found out last night that she has a very aggressive and invasive breast cancer. She's been a part of our family for 15 years and they have 2 beautiful boys (8 and 5).

His name is Shelby and he's a TS member too (shelbya). I've posted a few threads with some mods he's done to his 07 GT500. Her name is Les. The reason I'm posting about this is to ask for your prayers and thoughts.

I'm not a church going guy myself, but they are and have been for years. That aside, they can use all the help they can get right now, as I can't imagine the kind of weight that's sitting on their minds today.

She starts chemo next week and apparently for the next 10 months. Thanks in advance.

Ken

So sorry to hear that Mann...Prayers are on the way from Canada.

Ken

Ken... sorry to hear. Although I have not experienced cancer immediately in my family, I service member of my insurance company that do. Cancer effects many people. I will keep your brother's wife in our prayers.

God will be there with you every step of the way and walk with you, he is good at that.

God Bless, Ken.

- Gabe

I will take my last chemo treatment next Wednesday. I will pray for Les, Shelby and the kiddos.

I will tell you that I believe with all my being that attitude is just as important as the medications. I have meet a lot of people during my illness and many of them, even the ones who know the end is near, have a great attitude and are enjoying life. This is a MUST in my opinion. Life is good if you just look for it.

It is never too early to start planning the "I kicked cancer's ass" party. You have 10 months to plan it. Mine is next month.

Ken,

VERY sorry to hear this. I recently went through this with a best friend of mine. She found out as part of her check-up while pregnant and for the health of the baby decided to wait on treatment until the baby was born. I truly feel your pain and will send good thoughts and prayers her way.

-Jeff

Ken

Ken,

My Prayers and Heart goes out to You and your Family.

Ken

Ken,

My Prayers and Heart goes out to You and your Family.

Ken and others, sorry to hear the bad news. I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. I found out this week that my mother in law has breast cancer too. I think my wife is taking it harder than my mother in law. I know 4 survivors of breast cancer so I try to encourage them that others have come through.

Ken and others, sorry to hear the bad news. I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. I found out this week that my mother in law has breast cancer too. I think my wife is taking it harder than my mother in law. I know 4 survivors of breast cancer so I try to encourage them that others have come through.

Good luck man, I'll pray for her.

And thanks a lot guys. TS is always there for it's members. I've witnessed that many times in the past and appreciate your advice, prayers, and positive thoughts now.

She's a great mom, wife, and sister. She's always had a great attitude on life and I can't imagine that will change because of this. We'll hang in there and hopefully she'll get through it.

Thanks again. You guys are the best.

Ken

I am sending prayers out to your brothers wife and family, Cancer is a very tough thing to deal with as you know i just lost my wife to Cancer April 5th. Tell them to stay strong and don't give up!!!! If they need someone to talk to pm me!

Jon

Archived