TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Meguiars Liquid Crystal

Hey fellow TS members. Some of us were talking about waxes a little while ago. Talking about Zaino waxes and others. I had at that point just claybared my car and used the cleaner wax then the NxT 2.0 wax from Meguiars which had worked really well. As well as Zaino, Meguiars has a 3 step technically if you use their car wash its 4 process which they refer to as Liquid Crystal. I was soo happy with the results from the claybar and cleaner wax then the syn wax that I could'nt help but decide to try the Liquid Crystal. The cost for the Clay bar kit was $29.00 Cad, the NxT 2.0 I believe was $22.00 Cad. The cleaner wax came with the Clay kit. Now the three step Liquid Crystal is $15.00 Cad per bottle. I could'nt find it in an all in one kit. The Gold class shampoo and conditioner car wash was another $15.00 Cad. Total cost for all taxes in was $125.43.

So far I am roughly half way through the Liquid crystal system and I can tell you it is AMAZING!!! The Step 1 cleaner wax the system gives you is a different formula then the cleaner wax that comes with the clay kit. If you have hard water like I do it is hard not to get some water spots. This cleaner wax clears them right up!! only a handfull of times did I have to go over the same spot to eliminate the spots. Then I started on Step 2 which is a polish. Right away I could see the difference and that was only the second step. It cleared up 90% of the small surface scratches that I could see on the hood. I am talking about the scratches you have to be 2or3 inches away to see and on just the right angle with the light!! I will post again when I hopefully finish tomorrow. Plus I will try to put pics on also. Now I can't remember how much Zaino is and I know the $125.43 is getting up there in price so whether cost wise it is still saving alot I don't know? But with ease of use and how well I find it working so far its definately worth the $125.00

So hopefully I will post pics tomorrow.

Jimmy :happy feet: :dance:

post-24688-1242610669_thumb.jpgWell I finally finished The Mistress up today with the Meguiars. The pics my wife took totally do it justice. I found I still have a little to learn about detailing. But you only stop learning when you die.

I am soo happy with the results I plan on sending some of these pics to Meguiars and the Car Crazy show. Let me know what you guys think!! To me the $125.00 cad was worth it!! I can seem to only upload one photo. I will try to get more up!

post-24688-1242610669_thumb.jpg

Great work! Only problem is, now you can't drive it because it will get dirty all over again! You're inspiring me to give mine a good cleaning again.

Hey fellow TS members. Some of us were talking about waxes a little while ago. Talking about Zaino waxes and others. I had at that point just claybared my car and used the cleaner wax then the NxT 2.0 wax from Meguiars which had worked really well. As well as Zaino, Meguiars has a 3 step technically if you use their car wash its 4 process which they refer to as Liquid Crystal. I was soo happy with the results from the claybar and cleaner wax then the syn wax that I could'nt help but decide to try the Liquid Crystal. The cost for the Clay bar kit was $29.00 Cad, the NxT 2.0 I believe was $22.00 Cad. The cleaner wax came with the Clay kit. Now the three step Liquid Crystal is $15.00 Cad per bottle. I could'nt find it in an all in one kit. The Gold class shampoo and conditioner car wash was another $15.00 Cad. Total cost for all taxes in was $125.43.

So far I am roughly half way through the Liquid crystal system and I can tell you it is AMAZING!!! The Step 1 cleaner wax the system gives you is a different formula then the cleaner wax that comes with the clay kit. If you have hard water like I do it is hard not to get some water spots. This cleaner wax clears them right up!! only a handfull of times did I have to go over the same spot to eliminate the spots. Then I started on Step 2 which is a polish. Right away I could see the difference and that was only the second step. It cleared up 90% of the small surface scratches that I could see on the hood. I am talking about the scratches you have to be 2or3 inches away to see and on just the right angle with the light!! I will post again when I hopefully finish tomorrow. Plus I will try to put pics on also. Now I can't remember how much Zaino is and I know the $125.43 is getting up there in price so whether cost wise it is still saving alot I don't know? But with ease of use and how well I find it working so far its definately worth the $125.00

So hopefully I will post pics tomorrow.

Jimmy :happy feet: :dance:

Do you think the Liquid Crystal is better than the NxT 2.0 ? I was under the impression that it was ??

IS

WOW that looks awesome

Have you ever used Zaino before, and if so is this easier ?

I am needing to buy a good wax, was going to buy Zaino but I am not so sure which one to get now

No I have'nt used the Zaino before. From what I have read here it is a great product but one of the steps is a little difficult to put on and get off, though not everyone agrees on that part. I found the Meguiars deep crystal extremely easy to use. There is no need for set time between steps either. At one time I would not have recomended their products but now everything they are making seems to work great and to me quite cost effective. $125.43 Cad For the shampoo and conditioner, the clay kit, a bottle of NxT 2.0 syn wax, then the 3 step system. I already had the tire gel. As a matter of fact I am going to get their scratch X product today for two minor scratches I found during the detail. I will post how it works too!! I hope this helps ya!

Jimmy :dance:

Do you think the Liquid Crystal is better than the NxT 2.0 ? I was under the impression that it was ??

IS

Actually I did find the Deep crystal system to make a deeper shine than the syn wax. But I would be inclined to use the NxT 2.0 as like a sealer or protective coat over the Deep crystal. Not that it needs it because the 3rd step is a good yellow carnuba wax. But any extra protection is always good. Plus I found the Nxt 2.0 really easy to use. So I would do the Deep crystal probably one or two more times before season end and the Nxt 2.0 between that. But I may change my mind lol! I did'nt think I would try the Deep crystal then I did. Oh and I am going to try their scratch X product probably today as I found two surface scratches I could'nt quite get out with the Deep crystal. I will post when I try it.

Well I finally got around to using the Meguiars scratch x 2.0, they seem to like that 2.0 term :headscratch: Anywhoo like everything else I have tried from them recently it worked just as well as it claimed. Buffed the scratches so at least I could'nt see them no matter what angle I tried, and my vision is 20/15. The scratch x was $16.52 taxes in. Cad Well to me I am sold on Meguiars. I am more than happy with their products. But that being said I will stick with the turtle wax ice underhood just cause if you miss any you won't notice it later. Hopefully a cost effective alternative to Zaino or Uberwurx which are great products but a little more costly then some of us would like.

Archived