TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaque

I picked up my SS April 10 and the biggest disappointment is that the car does not come with an original Carrol Shelby signature on the dash plaque. Having put down my deposit in 2007, it was my understanding that the package came with a signed (not engraved) dash plaque. Now I understand that SAI can change the package at any time, and I am OK with that, but what has me steamed is that I cannot purchase a dash plaque with my CSM on it and pay to have it signed. I am not OK with a dash plaque not being unavailable at any price.

I have some questions. Did the first Super Snakes come with an original signature? If you have a signature, when did you pick up your car?

Finally - assuming that original signature dash plaques were SOP at some time on Super Snakes, HOW COME I CAN"T BUY ONE?

I may be wrong about Carrol signing SS dash plaques and if so excuse the shouting. But an original signature dash plaque figured large in my decision to purchase. Please reply about the status of your SS dash plaque.

Thanks

John

I picked up my SS April 10 and the biggest disappointment is that the car does not come with an original Carrol Shelby signature on the dash plaque. Having put down my deposit in 2007, it was my understanding that the package came with a signed (not engraved) dash plaque. Now I understand that SAI can change the package at any time, and I am OK with that, but what has me steamed is that I cannot purchase a dash plaque with my CSM on it and pay to have it signed. I am not OK with a dash plaque not being unavailable at any price.

I have some questions. Did the first Super Snakes come with an original signature? If you have a signature, when did you pick up your car?

Finally - assuming that original signature dash plaques were SOP at some time on Super Snakes, HOW COME I CAN"T BUY ONE?

I may be wrong about Carrol signing SS dash plaques and if so excuse the shouting. But an original signature dash plaque figured large in my decision to purchase. Please reply about the status of your SS dash plaque.

Thanks

John

John,

Hello,

I looked into this. Contact the Carroll Shelby Foundation folks; can't recall their e-mail address; you can pay to have Mr. Shelby autograph your dash plaque or whatever you want to send in. Not sure of how much the cost is, but I think the gal quoted me $300.00. I don't have my car back yet, so I am waiting.

Jim

I think the 40th's and possibly the SGT's have the engraved dash plaques too.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. My 40th came engraved only, no signature. <_<

I think the 40th's and possibly the SGT's have the engraved dash plaques too.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The 40th's have a plaque but it's not signed or engraved with a Shelby sig. That's one reason I got the airbag cover signed.

40thplaque.jpg

Well, it looks like maybe no SS plaque is signed. I do have the GT500 with VIN that has been signed and the engraving on the SS plaque is very nice. I don't believe there is a way to get a "blank" SS plaque with CSM#. Man, I sure want one though.

Well, it looks like maybe no SS plaque is signed. I do have the GT500 with VIN that has been signed and the engraving on the SS plaque is very nice. I don't believe there is a way to get a "blank" SS plaque with CSM#. Man, I sure want one though.

Have you considered sending the dash panel above your glove box to the Shelby Foundation for signature? It's a great addition to the car and the money you spend goes to a charitable cause. If you don't like the dash panel idea, others have had the mirror cover on the back of their sun visor autographed. Either way you end up with a pretty cool mod!

I have a stock GT500, but wanted the dash plate with the real deal.

I paid the $300.00 and have a GT500 plate with my engraved VIN, but the Old Man supposedly signed it with a black Sharpie. It isn't the "perfect engraved signature;" some human did it for sure , I just hope it was "Ol' Shel" himself.

I have a stock GT500, but wanted the dash plate with the real deal.

I paid the $300.00 and have a GT500 plate with my engraved VIN, but the Old Man supposedly signed it with a black Sharpie. It isn't the "perfect engraved signature;" some human did it for sure , I just hope it was "Ol' Shel" himself.

The dash plaques from the CSCF are signed by the man. The plaques that are installed from the mod shops ( after the package is complete, SS, 40th, KR, Terlingua ) are engraved with his signature.

I have the GT500 dash plate with the real sig on it to, but now I have taken it off to get the SS one put on. That and the fact that no one ever told me it was not a real sig, is why it is so disappointing, I guess I will have to send the air bag cover away when I get the car back. Great one more thing to wait for, lol :cry:

Engraved plaque with serial number. Getting the 427 package with a signed visor.

Does the 427 upgrade come standard with Mr. Shelby's signature on the visor? My car should be done in a week or so with the 427 upgrade.

Thx,

Goat

Archived