TEAM SHELBY FORUM

anyone running Baer Rotors??

Many of us bought them from blue oval including myself. I have not had time to install them as spring is here and ive had a lot of project going on with my bike.

Im sure someone on here will post but if not search for the Baer Rotor topic in this forum. I believe everyone posted positive results with the pads and line upgrades done at the same time. I also think Swede is still searching for test results done by NASA and until then hes skeptical.

Im sure im gonna eat some crow over this, but oh well. You will gain very minimal improvement with just the rotors, you should seriously consider replacing the calipers too.

I am running the Shelby/Baer 6 piston kit on front, and let me tell ya, BIG diff.

Chris

Im sure im gonna eat some crow over this, but oh well. You will gain very minimal improvement with just the rotors, you should seriously consider replacing the calipers too.

I am running the Shelby/Baer 6 piston kit on front, and let me tell ya, BIG diff.

Chris

Awesome brake set up.

If you have a lot of money to spend, and like the looks of the big brakes / calipers, get those (also requires new wheels).

If you have a lot of money to spend, and plan on competitive endurance road racing, get the big brakes (also requires new wheels).

If you don't have a lot of money to spend, and want to keep your original bullit wheels, get OEM size drilled / slotted rotors (such as Baer Decelerators or similar), upgraded pads (such as Hawk HPS or HP Plus), s/s brake lines and high-temp fluid and you'll be fine for autocross, drag racing, track days and probably some shorter-duration competitive racing too...plus, they look good also.

In other words, it all depends one what you're ultimately trying to achieve and how much money you have to spend on it!

looking to upgrade to baer drilled/slotted rotors in the stock/oem size on my '07 Shelby GT...anyone using them now, and if so, how do u like them???---pics would be a plus!

FYI...Stillen is running a special for May on brakes. I've got great pricing on AP Racing big brake kits, but I am also running a brake rotor/pad special as well. You can choose cross drilled/slotted, slotted only, or cross drilled only.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42760

Dan

post-21477-1242268077_thumb.jpg

i got em...look great, work fine.

nice low $ upgrade

:happy feet:

$$ cost? In another thread I noted the new OEM size rotors (slotted&drilled), SS lines, high performance pads, upgraded brake fluid and installation was $1100 dollars. Is this "around" the best $price$ that can be had when your having a professional shop install them?

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread. Got my Baer decelarotors installed today when I was up a Carlisle, PA for Ford Nationals. Great price and great looking. $400 installed.

Next up will be the Hawk pads...need to save my pennies.

Chris

Very nice! So... once and for all, big brakes will fit under those CS-69's?

Note*** I got the AP sports rotors, ss lines etc from Page at Stillen. I really like them and total including install... Around $1000

driversside003.jpg

Just ordered mine last night after reading all your posts - they still available from BO and a great price!! These should dress up the car and offer some brake improvements! Next I will order the lines and pads....thanks for all the tips.

Question: Is there a aftermarket brake caliper that will work with these rotors and the stock wheels?

Read that these were originally designed for use on Foose stangs.

May have partially answered my question

Baer GT and GT-Plus Brake System

The Baer Claw® GT brake system is designed primarily for late-model Mustangs and the Subaru WRX (excluding the STi). The large2-piston PBR pin-driven calipers provide increased pad volume for a measurable increase in performance. Rotors are 1-piece and come in 12.75" to 13" diameters, depending on the application. Cross-drilled, slotted and zinc-coated surfaces are standard; a smooth, plain rotor is available upon request (optional).

The Baer Claw® GT-PLUS covers a wide range of larger, heavier cars, trucks and SUVs and is a cost-effective alternative the 6-piston EXTREME-PLUS system. Featuring large 2-piston PBR pin-driven calipers and a greater pad volume, performance of these vehicles is greatly enhanced. Rotors are 2-piece and come in 12.75" to 14" diameters, depending on the application. This design incorporates an aluminum hat, reducing overall weight. It also allows for differential expansion of the rotor plates, reducing the "bell effect," lowering thermal transfer to the hub, and ultimately prolonging bearing life.

Note: 17" or larger wheels are required for both the GT and GT-Plus brake systems. Check wheel fitment with Baer fit check

http://www.buybrakes.com/baer/gt.html

2 more questions:

Anyone know if this will fit with the stock SGT wheels?

Are these 2 piston calipers are any better than the stock ones?

Probably just need to call Baer on this one.

2 more questions:

Anyone know if this will fit with the stock SGT wheels?

Are these 2 piston calipers are any better than the stock ones?

Probably just need to call Baer on this one.

According to this source

Fits Shelby and 2005-2010 Baer Brakes GT Plus Front System

Fits all cars except V6 cars that don’t have the optional ABS, requires 18" or larger rims. Will not fit with stock 18" GT wheels. Certain spoke designs may not allow enough clearance for these oversize calipers.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/B...k_Calipers.html

Put mine on this weekend!! :happy feet:

fronts.jpg

rears.jpg

Mee too! I will post some pics when I get a chance....question - did you change the pads and lines at the same time? I was eager to get the rotors on, so left the stock pads and lines for now.....do you know if we have to remove the calipers again when changing the pads/lines? Not a huge deal, but a hassle......

Mee too! I will post some pics when I get a chance....question - did you change the pads and lines at the same time? I was eager to get the rotors on, so left the stock pads and lines for now.....do you know if we have to remove the calipers again when changing the pads/lines? Not a huge deal, but a hassle......

I replaced my pads, but didn't change my lines. Definitely have to remove the calipers when changing the pads, but you don't need to remove the bracket.

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested in the Baer Decelarotors and Hawk HPS pads. I ran Hallett Raceway two days for the Mid America Shelby Meet and they worked just fine. Air temp was over 100 both days. I have Goodridge stainless brake lines and use Motul RBF 600 brake fluid. I don't have brake ducts but plan on doing those. Definately get more brake dust with the HPS pads but no noise.

These are the complete set up, rotors and 2P calipers.

my question is , if you already have the baer rotors, can i buy just the calipers????

From the description on the Baer site:

"Fits all cars except V6 cars that don’t have the optional ABS, requires 18" or larger rims. Will not fit with stock 18" GT wheels. Certain spoke designs may not allow enough clearance for these oversize calipers."

I just ordered a set of the rotors from Lethal. The EBC black zinc rotors I bought from Summit aren't working out all that well.

Ken

Archived