TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can someone explain the X-Plan to me

old guy

Due to a rather unique set of circumstances having to do with a major screw up by Ford and a local dealer (I won't tell, so please don't ask. Suffice it to say that they immediately took ownership of the problem and have been extremely reasonable,) I have received a commitment from Ford to get a Shelby on their X-plan during their 2nd production run. I know it is below MSRP, but am not sure how much. The dealership says I can expect about $3-4,000 below sticker. Can anyone explain this plan to me? Thanks.

Old Guy

Due to a rather unique set of circumstances having to do with a major screw up by Ford and a local dealer (I won't tell, so please don't ask. Suffice it to say that they immediately took ownership of the problem and have been extremely reasonable,) I have received a commitment from Ford to get a Shelby on their X-plan during their 2nd production run. I know it is below MSRP, but am not sure how much. The dealership says I can expect about $3-4,000 below sticker. Can anyone explain this plan to me? Thanks.

Old Guy

Ford Partner Recognition (X-Plan) pricing is exclusive pricing established by Ford Motor Company. This program was developed by Ford Motor Company to reward the suppliers, fleet customers, colleges, organizations and business partners as well as friends and neighbors of US Ford Motor Company employees. X-plan recipients are eligible for all Ford retail incentives except the college grad rebate.

This is what I remember it is, someone correct me if I'm wrong:

The price set by Ford not the dealer and runs roughly $100+ less then actual factory invoice. Plus you are still eligible for most rebates/incentives that are offered when you take delivery. This is good on dealer stock or special order trucks. As for how and when it will apply to this car, I don't know. To get a rough estimate of what the X-plan price would be,while out on the lot,subtract- if I remember correctly- 16% from the MSRP of the vehicle you are looking at.

Order a 'vert for me, please. B)

Talk about lucky!!!!!

The salesman I'm dealing with said it is 3 or 4% over Net - Net. That may amount to the same thing as the previous post. Ford offers it, but the dealer elects whether to honor it at the given time. The salesman also says Ford gives the dealer some money to reimburse him for the 'lost' revenue. I have no details on that. Bottom line is that Ford does not tell the dealer he must lose money to make the deal. In the Powerlease case, the dealership may elect to take less in profit on that one car in order to get a sale they would not get otherwise since the Powerlease is a portable allocation - take it to any dealer who'll work with you. The point relative here to the GT500 is that no dealer in his right mind would elect to give you an X-Plan against his limited allocation in the early run of the cars. The Powerlease allows him to deal, if he wishes, for a car that does not count against his allocation (for which probably already has a long waiting list). It is an 'extra' sale for him that could go to another dealership if he choses not to deal.

Five Oh B says Ford hasn't announced these privileges yet. SVT says it will be offered, the dealer I'm using has checked it out and is satisfied. Can't tell you what the real deal is until crunch time - placing the order. Take everything I say with a grain of salt until confirmed.

Five Oh B says Ford hasn't announced these privileges yet. SVT says it will be offered, the dealer I'm using has checked it out and is satisfied. Can't tell you what the real deal is until crunch time - placing the order. Take everything I say with a grain of salt until confirmed.

Bear with me; I've read this a few times... SVT says it WILL be offered -- at some point? Not in 1st run? My wife is a Disabled American Vet and we bought our last 2 Ford vehicles (00 Roush 2 Mustang, 03 Explorer XLT, both in stock) with X-Plan. I did not anticpate local dealers letting the 1st run allocations go for X-Plan, but it never hurts to ask. A 10th Anniv. Cobra set outside for quite awhile, they agreed to X-Plan but insulted me on trade-in value of my Roush 2. So, I sold it out right and bought my 01 Roush 3. I'm not in the car business, but -- how does a $36k MSRP Roush 2 Mustang with 14k miles in pristine condition be worth $9k? :angry: "That's what they're going for at the auction." Really? See a lot of Roush Mustangs at the auction? Hard to find even a handful in the same zip-code... :blink:

Here is the most recent X-plan announcement from Ford - please note that 2007 models are not included at this point in time:

Date: January 3, 2006

Ford Division is announcing X-Plan privileges, effective January 4, 2006 through April 3, 2006.

Eligible Vehicles: All new 2005/2006-Model Ford Car, SUV and Truck through F-350 and E-Series (Excl. Ford GT and Escape Hybrid).

They will eventually add 2007's to the list, but there are always some vehicles that are excluded. Dealer participation is always voluntary.

By the way, X-plan is about $100 +/- invoice total, so it would be roughly $2,500 less than MSRP on a $40K car.

Taken directly off of my company's "X plan" website:

The New Vehicle Purchase Plan (X-Plan) also known as the Partner Recognition Program, is offered by Ford Motor Company to the employees, retirees and spouses of selected tier 1 suppliers, business partners, fleet partners and special organizations having a unique relationship with the Company. Participation in the program is contingent on the partner company's continued relationship with Ford Motor Company, and will stay in effect until terminated by either party upon a thirty (30) days prior written notice provided to the other party. Ford Motor Company may terminate this program upon thirty (30) days notice at its respective sole discretion.

This document contains a detailed description of the Plan, your rights and responsibilities, and those of the dealer. You are encouraged to read each section to familiarize yourself with Plan rules and guidelines. Following are key Plan provisions to get you started:

· Two (2) vehicles may be sponsored on the X Plan each calendar year by employees/retirees of eligible partner companies and their spouses.

· Vehicles must be titled in the purchaser's name and in their possession for at least six months.

· X Plan prices is within 1% of dealer invoice price

The dealer is required to provide you with a true copy of the factory invoice showing the Partner Recognition Program/ X Plan price on the line labeled "X Plan". You should also receive a complete and signed New Vehicle Purchase Plan/Red Carpet Lease Option Customer/Dealer Agreement and Pricing Sheet * showing each item and its price. Do not sign this form if it is blank or if you do not understand how the price was calculated.

The X Plan price is the amount shown on the line labeled "X Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Plan price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel costs and Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items. The dealership may also NOT charge separately for document preparation fees, vehicle preparation fees or other administrative services incidental to the delivery of the vehicle on a Partner Recognition Program - X Plan sale.* These expenses are considered to be part of the dealer's normal cost of doing business for which the dealership is compensated by the commission paid.

* Dealers will be permitted to assess document fees on each delivery to an eligible customer under the terms of the Ford Family Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulations. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations. Dealers may not charge different fees to participants in the Partner Recognition Program.

The dealership may charge any price negotiated between the dealer and the customer for undercoating, dealer installed options, extended service contracts and other items or services that add value to the vehicle, provided such items are priced separately and listed individually on the retail buyer's order and the New Vehicle Purchase Plan/Red Carpet Lease Option Customer/Dealer Agreement and Pricing Sheet.*

Partner Recognition - X Plan customers may not accept items or services as an inducement or reward in connection with an "X Plan" sale or lease.

The customer is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, license and title fees.

The Partner Recognition Program- X Plan customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer. From time to time Ford Motor Company may offer incentives or rebates.

The dealership may require the Partner Recognition-X Plan customer to make a deposit when placing a vehicle order. Some or all of this deposit may be retained by the dealership if the customer declines to accept delivery of the product ordered. An agreement in writing should be reached with the dealership concerning the amount of the deposit and the conditions under which it may be retained by the dealership if the transaction is not completed.

Lease transactions may require a refundable security deposit. The security deposit is held until the end of the lease and is refunded, provided that the lease terms have been satisfied. The deposit is usually equal to one month's payment, rounded to the next $25/$50.

Pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand.

The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice

Ford/Mercury

Invoice minus 0.4% of Invoice

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 10 2006, 01:32 PM) 3719[/snapback]

By the way, X-plan is about $100 +/- invoice total, so it would be roughly $2,500 less than MSRP on a $40K car.

Example on my X plan site:

2006 Mustang GT - MSRP of $28.840, X plan $26.759, invoice $26,791

2006 Mustang V6 - MSRP $23,120, X plan $21,618 , invoice $21,629

Thanks for all the good information. The dealer did say that the car would NOT come out of their allotment since it is being offered to me by Ford. I would say that if they are going to do it for me they probably will offer it to others who qualify. Even more reason not to be the first kid on the block to get one.

Old Guy

PS - The stipulation that I need to register it in my name and keep it for 6 months will NOT be a problem!! :)

Taken directly off of my company's "X plan" website:

Pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand.

The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice

Ford/Mercury

Invoice minus 0.4% of Invoice

I think your company's info is a little outdated. Ford X-plan is not calculated as Invoice minus 0.4%. About 2 years ago, it was changed to A-plan + 4% + $100, which makes X-plan roughly the same as invoice (+/- $100). On a vehicle less than $44K, X-plan is slightly higher than invoice, while on vehicles over $44K, X-plan works out to a little less than invoice.

Regardless, X-plan always has been and continues to be very near invoice. For the vast majority of customers and dealers, X-plan will not be honored on GT500's for a long, long time - if ever - and only if and when Ford decides to set up X-plan for GT500's.

01ROUSH3GT re: your 2/10 post. Don't read 'SVT says it will be offered' too many times. You're trying to find too much in too few words (to paraphrase the Stones). 'Will' means the car will be offered with X-plan - from the start, as in they WILL be producing GT500s this year. This is what SVT has said repeatedly to me for months. You also need to respect what Five Oh B says in that he has no info to confirm this at this time. We are all sharing what we know at this point, but until we each drive a car off the dealer's lot it is still only a best guess as to what we'll pay depending upon the various circumstances. The point as I see it is to ensure everyone is armed with as much factual information as possible if they wish to go ahead and buy one of these cars. Frankly I think Ford could be more forthcoming on this and many issues. What's the big secret? Are they afraid Chevy or Chrysler might want to build a competitor? SOmething just doesn't smell right to me. Rant complete.

Frankly I think Ford could be more forthcoming on this and many issues. What's the big secret? Are they afraid Chevy or Chrysler might want to build a competitor? SOmething just doesn't smell right to me. Rant complete.

I don't believe Ford is hiding anything about the GT500, Three Cobras. It's just that with the advent of the internet, we (as consumers) can get info waaaaay before a company is ready with all the final details. Before the internet, consumers often didn't learn about a product until it was already in the stores. Now, you know about when it is just a concept and during the development phase. Ford isn't hiding anything, they just haven't finalized everything enough to start releasing firm info. It's coming, just gotta be patient.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 12 2006, 05:20 PM) 3783[/snapback]

I think your company's info is a little outdated. Ford X-plan is not calculated as Invoice minus 0.4%. About 2 years ago, it was changed to A-plan + 4% + $100, which makes X-plan roughly the same as invoice (+/- $100). On a vehicle less than $44K, X-plan is slightly higher than invoice, while on vehicles over $44K, X-plan works out to a little less than invoice.

Regardless, X-plan always has been and continues to be very near invoice. For the vast majority of customers and dealers, X-plan will not be honored on GT500's for a long, long time - if ever - and only if and when Ford decides to set up X-plan for GT500's.

Thanks Five Oh B. I just copied from the link to "Fordpartner.com", which is Ford's site for the X plan info. Either way, it would be a great deal!!

And I agree with your guess about it's availibility for the GT500. Personally, phrases like "not likely" and "cold day in He!!" come to mind :( . I guess we can all dream, can't we?? B)

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 12 2006, 04:20 PM) 3783[/snapback]

I (half seriously) asked my dealer about x-plan and he just looked at me and laughed.

Five Oh B, stop trying to be reasonable. We want it and we want it now. Actually what bugs me is the continuing slide to the right for the announced dates when information is to be available. I am reconciled to a mid / late summer delivery, but I want to settle the deal now because of the unknowns. I just don't think much has changed since the March intro last year. Even the Super Turbo Air-extractor Framus Digital Collagen-enhanced Sport hood is pretty old. Ford must have a pretty good cost basis already. Not sure if the gas guzzler tax is added to MSRP or is part of it, for example.

In other words, patience my a**.

Five Oh B, stop trying to be reasonable. We want it and we want it now. Actually what bugs me is the continuing slide to the right for the announced dates when information is to be available. I am reconciled to a mid / late summer delivery, but I want to settle the deal now because of the unknowns. I just don't think much has changed since the March intro last year. Even the Super Turbo Air-extractor Framus Digital Collagen-enhanced Sport hood is pretty old. Ford must have a pretty good cost basis already. Not sure if the gas guzzler tax is added to MSRP or is part of it, for example.

In other words, patience my a**.

I was reading this week's Autoweek magazine last night and they had a story on the upcoming Toyota FJ Cruiser. Way cool retro-SUV. Anyway, it was introduced 3 years ago as a concept and won't be available until this fall as a 2007 model. Hard facts on this rig just started hitting the car mags recently even though the concept came out 3 years ago from Toyota.

The Shelby GT500 concept was first shown a little less than 1 year ago (March 2005) with the near-production car being shown last month and production starting this summer. If the all-mighty Toyota takes over 3 years to get a cool concept into production, then why is everyone doggin' Ford for taking a mere 18 months????????

Archived