TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WHEN WILL THE GT500'S FINALLY BE SHIPPED

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two to three WEEKS for a car to go from Michigan to Mississippi? :headscratch:

Steve

does ford offer a factory delivery option like chevy does with the Vette? you get to sit in your car as it rolls of the assembly line, tour the factory, then drive it home.

I wonder what precautions they take when shipping our cars by rail. I ordered a cover for mine does any one know if they will put the covers on during shipping?

there is a large norfolk southern railway depot near my hours in Atlanta and my son is fascianted by trains so I've been oer there a few times. they car transports I have seen are covered all around with small vents in the side. the cars inside are typically shrink wrapped in plastic on all body panels

there is a large norfolk southern railway depot near my hours in Atlanta and my son is fascianted by trains so I've been oer there a few times. they car transports I have seen are covered all around with small vents in the side. the cars inside are typically shrink wrapped in plastic on all body panels

Thats good to know, Hopefully all our cars will arrive in good shape.

I wonder what precautions they take when shipping our cars by rail. I ordered a cover for mine does any one know if they will put the covers on during shipping?

The ones I saw shipped in to Riverside Ford when I sold there were not shrink wrapped or covered but they may now. The cover you ordered will be in the trunk in a box.

Cobra09

does ford offer a factory delivery option like chevy does with the Vette? you get to sit in your car as it rolls of the assembly line, tour the factory, then drive it home.

No, I only know of the Corvette Museum delivery thing which cost extra.

Cobra09

Talked to Mr. Ralph Arniry and he said that my car was built on may 8th.

(vin# 113190) He said it would ship mid next week and it would take 14

to 21 days to get to the dealer. I am located just outside San Antonio Tx.

So it looks like at the latest, my baby will be here by june 12th :happy feet:

SWEET !!!!!!! :drool:

Hope he's right. He told one person they would begin shipping on the 14th of May and told me on the 15th of May and you around the 20th of May hope he is not just throwing out estimates.

Cobra09

I could only hope that this is the week we start to see our cars shipped, there is no other reason why they shouldn't.

I am with you partner, you seem to be as anxious as I to get their new TOY! I just hope Ford is not just giving us dates to shut us up.

One thing for sure if I don't have a ship date by Wednesday, I will be calling Mr. Arniry again.

Cobra 09

By the way does anyone know how to change your screen name?

I just spoke with Mr. Arning he confirmed that none of the GT500'S have shipped. The problem is a small interior trim piece that they are not happy with and does not meet quality standards. He confirmed that the new replacement trim should arrive this week and installation will begin next week. He said that the cars will be re-fit in the order the were assembeld and begin shipping as the re-fits are complete. He told me to call him next Wednesday and he would tell me where in the process my vehicle was. So maybe if this is the only thing holding them they will start to ship some time next week providing the new trim pieces meet quality standards. Maybe the wait is just about over. :happy feet: :shift:

:banghead: Wonder what the excuse for the delay next week will be...

I hope nothing!! He did say they wanted the cars to be perfect before they left the plant. Who Knows if they might find something else. I feel pretty confident that they have been through them with a fine tooth comb and this is the last remaining item. We just keep our fingers crossed that they start shipping next week. I know you guys are as anxious as I am to get behind he wheel. I do believe the wait will be worth it when finally get to here this baby hum! :shift:

I just spoke with Mr. Arning he confirmed that none of the GT500'S have shipped. The problem is a small interior trim piece that they are not happy with and does not meet quality standards. He confirmed that the new replacement trim should arrive this week and installation will begin next week. He said that the cars will be re-fit in the order the were assembeld and begin shipping as the re-fits are complete. He told me to call him next Wednesday and he would tell me where in the process my vehicle was. So maybe if this is the only thing holding them they will start to ship some time next week providing the new trim pieces meet quality standards. Maybe the wait is just about over. :happy feet: :shift:

Hey, Thanks for the update. I hope this is it. If they are after a perfect car we will never see one, just ship the car, it is a total new vehicle so we all know there will be bugs so send them and we will find them.

Blessings to All,

Cobra09

It sounds as if the air bag cover plate trim on the passenger side ( as reported on another thread ) was actually true and could be the trim Mr. Arning speaks about causing these delays.The earlier report said the trim expanded the cover plate 6 mm in hot weather causing a fitment issue. This 1/4 " discrepancy although minimal shows they want us all to have a perfect product which could in fact be "THE LAST AMERICAN MUSCLECAR. ".

I hate the wait but he did say that the Mustang lead the market in quality. He told me that it did not matter if it was a Ford Focus or a $50,000.00 Shelby they were not going to compromise on quality. I really glad to know that they are striving to give us the best possible car they can. Like he said we would much rather address it at the plant instead of having the owner have to take it to the dealer for repairs.

I remember someone made a post and said the lot at the plant was full of GT500's. I can't remember who made the post but it would be cool if they could snap some pictures of all these cars sitting at the plant and post the pictures. :lurk:

Copy of an email from my Dealer last Thur 5/21. "end of the month" I doubt that. He must of meant the end of the upcoming month, June.

Jeff,

I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I have received the invoice and MSO on your Shelby and that according to our inventory status sheet, it is built and left to be striped (they are striped at a different place). It does not yet give me an arrival date, but I suspect it to be soon, possibly by the end of the month. I will keep you updated! Thanks

Sincerely,

I just checked and as of right now there still is not one single 2010 GT500 showing up in locator across the entire country.

As there shouldnt be they havnt been released yet due to quality control issues, but hopefully within the next week or two we should see them.

I just checked and as of right now there still is not one single 2010 GT500 showing up in locator across the entire country.

Ok I was wondering about this.. Because I saw one driving down the road in Irving Tx on Saturday May 23.. It did not have dealer

plates on it.. just normal Texas license Plates.

Give me a few and Ill post up the pic i took off my phone.

Ok I was wondering about this.. Because I saw one driving down the road in Irving Tx on Saturday May 23.. It did not have dealer

plates on it.. just normal Texas license Plates.

Give me a few and Ill post up the pic i took off my phone.

Ok here is the PIC off my phone sorry the resolution was set really low so it is a bad pic. It was also a overcast rainy day.

There was a guy driving with a cute Blonde in the passenger seat though. :-) It definately was a 2010, looked it over good as I passed it in my Saturn. :hysterical: I didnt have my shelby out that day cuz it was raining.

th_2010ShelbyGT500.jpg

If it was grabber blue/white it was most likely the GT clone that chronic customs did, I saw it on another forum and I believe they are in Texas.

I dont think so.. It had everything. Wheels were correct, the badging was correct, it had correct rear end on it, had the correct front facia and hood lip. Also had the correct air extractor across the hood. And the Rear spoiler and brake light looked correct too.

Now I wish I had taken more pics and my phone was in a higher resolution. Im 99.9% sure this was Authentic...

Do you have links to that forum with their pics?

Is that bottom plastic bumper painted? Looks like the stripes go all the way down the bumper to. Didn't come from the factory that way, did it?

I dont think it comes from the factory that way either.. couldnt remember... If it is a clone they did a good job but... wouldnt think anyone had 2010 clone kits out this soon. Unless the guy had the the bottom painted and striped after he got it.. Like I said it had reg Tx plates on it which means He prob had it for a few weeks, enough time to get normal plates from the state

Shelby Dude?? what do you think.. Real / Clone?

That is why I posted the PIC up, i was shocked to see one on the road this early in the year.. figured it would be late June before we saw any on the road

Archived