TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WHEN WILL THE GT500'S FINALLY BE SHIPPED

Delay after delay ; with build dates and promises so far from reps, dealerships and the Ford help line. We should be getting close to cars finally getting shipped.When will the first one actually be released?? Does anyone have " insider info ' ??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

local dealer wants me to look at one that was ordered early this year and built late march, he keeps expecting it to get here but nothing has showed up yet. so build date was march 28 I think and still not delivered. the dealer claims not to know why.

And so it goes on. There must be someone out there amongst the members of this site who really knows what is happening . The best info I have is that all cars had to get pcm re- programming to cure a problem in high temp conditions ; but all this was recently completed.

I could never get a shipping date from the ford 1-800 number reps. So today I called the Auto Alliance International Flatrock Plant they transferred me to a Mr. Ralph Arniry with Ford SVT, I left a message and my Vin# He called me back in about an hour and told me that my car along with all the GT500'S that are assembled will ship on the 14th of May via rail.

He explained the delay, the plant must have a full five day consecutive run with no issues. Other words the cars have to come out with no flaws for five consecutive days before they arrange shipping. He told me it would take 14 to 21 days for my car to be delivered to the dealer, who is located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. He talked with me for about ten minutes and was very informative.

The Plant number is 1-734-782-7800 hope this helps. Looks like we are finally going to get our cars :happy feet:

Call the number and talk to the guy at the plant, he was really nice and seemed to be a talker. I am sure he will take your call, if you get his vm leave your vin# and he will call back.

I forgot to mention my car was built last week on the 7th also. Apparently some of the cars built in april have been on hold for some type of flaw. I believe last weeks run was the first full five day run with no flaws.

Two to three WEEKS for a car to go from Michigan to Mississippi? :headscratch:

Steve

On the invoice there is a box marked (transit days) usually 14 to 21 is in the box.

this process is out of the Dealerships control and happens often when we get new vehicles.

Tom

On the invoice there is a box marked (transit days) usually 14 to 21 is in the box.

this process is out of the Dealerships control and happens often when we get new vehicles.

Tom

Tom that makes sense especially if it starts from when the car is released off hold.

But this Ford person said the car would ship on May 14th and would arrive at the dealer in two to three weeks. Thats what made me scratch my head on what rail car or transporter truck is this car going to be sitting on for all that time?

Lets hope the Ford guy was just on automatic pilot when he said two to three weeks and that the car arrives within a week of the 14th.

Steve

Tom that makes sense especially if it starts from when the car is released off hold.

But this Ford person said the car would ship on May 14th and would arrive at the dealer in two to three weeks. Thats what made me scratch my head on what rail car or transporter truck is this car going to be sitting on for all that time?

Lets hope the Ford guy was just on automatic pilot when he said two to three weeks and that the car arrives within a week of the 14th.

Steve

Hello,

Don't know where you live, but I live in Middle Georgia. Cars are railed from Michigan to Atlanta, where they are scheduled and placed on trucks to be delivered throughout the state. When I worked for Ford locally it normally was received within 12 days after shipment from Michigan. But.... with the situation as it is with the backlog of Mustangs who knows.

Cobra09

The window stickers have "Method of Transport" at the bottom. It seems like most of yours have "rail" or something under that heading. Mine has "convoy." I wonder if that makes any difference.

That means that Kris Kristofferson will be delivering it. :shift:

Two to three WEEKS for a car to go from Michigan to Mississippi? :headscratch:

Steve

i live in upstate ny and go buy rail yard everyday and have seen cars sit on train cars for 10-14 days before they got unloaded just thought you should know of that possible delay and then to a lot waiting for truck to take them to dealer and there are hundreds of cars sitting there

Tom

Just looked at my 09 Invoice and it had 11 days for in transit time.

Cobra09

I could never get a shipping date from the ford 1-800 number reps. So today I called the Auto Alliance International Flatrock Plant they transferred me to a Mr. Ralph Arniry with Ford SVT, I left a message and my Vin# He called me back in about an hour and told me that my car along with all the GT500'S that are assembled will ship on the 14th of May via rail.

He explained the delay, the plant must have a full five day consecutive run with no issues. Other words the cars have to come out with no flaws for five consecutive days before they arrange shipping. He told me it would take 14 to 21 days for my car to be delivered to the dealer, who is located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. He talked with me for about ten minutes and was very informative.

The Plant number is 1-734-782-7800 hope this helps. Looks like we are finally going to get our cars :happy feet:

Lets hope this guy wasnt b.s.ing and they are on the way.

Lets hope this guy wasnt b.s.ing and they are on the way.

No BS to verify just call the number I posted and talk to the guy. I will be driving mine in about two to three weeks. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Did they start shipping today? How do you know if they did? Please elaborate.

I called and talked with that gentleman today, he is very nice but he said they are scheduled to begin shipping tomorrow. He said they would ship by build date oldest ones first, don't know if that is true or not. He told me mine was built on Mar 18 and would be one of the first to ship. He also said I could call him anytime, said to check with my dealer Monday and it should tell an eta. Guess days of shipping depends on where it is going.

Blessings,

Cobra09

I called and talked with that gentleman today, he is very nice but he said they are scheduled to begin shipping tomorrow. He said they would ship by build date oldest ones first, don't know if that is true or not. He told me mine was built on Mar 18 and would be one of the first to ship. He also said I could call him anytime, said to check with my dealer Monday and it should tell an eta. Guess days of shipping depends on where it is going.

Blessings,

Cobra09

That is great news. Thank you.

Does "convoy" on the sticker mean its shipped by truck because I have seen some say "rail" also.

I live in Missouri and my sticker says rail. Unless they build a train track to the dealership at some point it will have to go by convoy. I wonder if it changes later.

Talked to Mr. Ralph Arniry and he said that my car was built on may 8th.

(vin# 113190) He said it would ship mid next week and it would take 14

to 21 days to get to the dealer. I am located just outside San Antonio Tx.

So it looks like at the latest, my baby will be here by june 12th :happy feet:

SWEET !!!!!!! :drool:

Archived