TEAM SHELBY FORUM

driving lights

one of my driving lights stopped working the other day. i called a local dealer and they said that it should be covered under the 3/36 warranty. they won't order me one until i take my car in for them to look at. my car didn't come with an owner's manual, so i don't know which fuse to check. i would assume that one fuse would power both lights. however, here's my question. is each light powered by it's own fuse? has anybody else had a problem with their driving lights? i crawled underneath the car and checked out the assembly. lens isn't cracked, wiring appears to be intact. thanks in advance.

zach

one of my driving lights stopped working the other day. i called a local dealer and they said that it should be covered under the 3/36 warranty. they won't order me one until i take my car in for them to look at. my car didn't come with an owner's manual, so i don't know which fuse to check. i would assume that one fuse would power both lights. however, here's my question. is each light powered by it's own fuse? has anybody else had a problem with their driving lights? i crawled underneath the car and checked out the assembly. lens isn't cracked, wiring appears to be intact. thanks in advance.

zach

I hate to be too technical, but have you checked the bulb?

They do burn out...

zach

it is one fuse and the same fuse as the standard GT driving lights. So consult your Mustang owners manual.

it is one fuse and the same fuse as the standard GT driving lights. So consult your Mustang owners manual.

i assumed that it was only one fuse that powered both lamps. i don't have the owner's manual. i guess it's part of

buying a car that was once a rental. however, i do enjoy seeing people's reaction to it. happy cruising!!

Oh come on! Are you referring to the PIAA's in the lower front valence? The bulbs and the lenses are replaceable.

I'm guessing its an H3 55w bulb. Can someone verify this?

i am referring to the PIAA's. i'll double check. i'm going to put it on the lift when i get back to the shop today.

i assumed that it was only one fuse that powered both lamps. i don't have the owner's manual. i guess it's part of

buying a car that was once a rental. however, i do enjoy seeing people's reaction to it. happy cruising!!

sorry i cannot help you with your situation. but i will chime in on enjoying everyone react to seeing your car. :drool:

Did you check that bulb yet?

First rule of electronics..,K.I.S.S.

Keep it simple, Silly (or stupid, depending on your mood)!

i sure did. today, i finally had a chance to look underneath it good today. two screws hold in the lens assembly.

i screwed them all the way out. it would've been easier if i had just loosened them enough to get the lens out.

there are two threaded clips that were a pain to get back in. unplugged the wires, pulled out the bulb. you were spot

on on the specs of the bulb by the way. thanks

zach

Archived