TEAM SHELBY FORUM

18'' rims

About a week or two ago I found on a post that our stock GT500 rims weigh in at 32lbs a piece. I would like to black out my rims but I am curious as to how much weight the powder coat may add? I am sure it may be marginal but I am not sure I would like to add more weight to an already heavy rim. So this leads me to which currently produced Shelby rim is the lightest at the 18'' diameter since at this point I am not interested in going to a larger rim. Any usefull info would be appreciated. I know they are strict parameters but like everyone else disposable cash is scarce! So 18" tires are a little more affordable than 20"s

Jimmy :dance:

About a week or two ago I found on a post that our stock GT500 rims weigh in at 32lbs a piece. I would like to black out my rims but I am curious as to how much weight the powder coat may add? I am sure it may be marginal but I am not sure I would like to add more weight to an already heavy rim. So this leads me to which currently produced Shelby rim is the lightest at the 18'' diameter since at this point I am not interested in going to a larger rim. Any usefull info would be appreciated. I know they are strict parameters but like everyone else disposable cash is scarce! So 18" tires are a little more affordable than 20"s

I was just on tire rack and they sell the stock rims and the claimed weight is 28lbs anyone have any other weights other than the ones I just posted?? :headscratch:

I was just on tire rack and they sell the stock rims and the claimed weight is 28lbs anyone have any other weights other than the ones I just posted?? :headscratch:

Archived