TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Die Cast Shelby's

RUFDRAFT

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Shelby collectable" cars all have the wrong wheels, red seat inserts (even the blue/white) and the prototype hood. But they do have Carrol Shelby's picture on the box.... :doh:

My die cast has the correct wheels. It's #334 of 3000 and is authorized by Ford & Carroll Shelby. Made by Autoart Performance

Love Shelby and his cars but his diecast are not the best ones out there. However, they are the best thing out there for the price. I would say AutoArt is better. I own a red one and a white one from AutoArt. Only 3000 made worldwide of each color I believe. Prepare to pay double the price though and they are very limited and hard to find. I preordered months ahead. You get what you pay for. Shelbys are great for the price.

Love Shelby and his cars but his diecast are not the best ones out there. However, they are the best thing out there for the price. I would say AutoArt is better. I own a red one and a white one from AutoArt. Only 3000 made worldwide of each color I believe. Prepare to pay double the price though and they are very limited and hard to find. I preordered months ahead. You get what you pay for. Shelbys are great for the price.

GREAT, ADM's on the die casts too :rant:

This came in my inbox today...

"If there's one thing car lovers of every age enjoy, it's models of their favorite cars. And if there's one autograph that Ford lovers can all cherish, it's that of Carroll Shelby. Now for a very limited time you have the chance to win both -- in the form of a 1:18-scale die-cast model of the 2007 Shelby GT500 signed by Shelby himself!

Simply visit www.svt.ford.com and click on the "Win a Shelby-signed die-cast!" box. Then answer three Shelby GT500 trivia questions and follow the instructions to submit your entry. A random drawing for a total of five Shelby-signed die-casts will be held from the pool of correct entries. BUT YOU MUST ACT SOON! The Shelby GT500 Trivia Challenge ends on November 27, 2006 -- so DON'T DELAY, ENTER TODAY! (No purchase necessary.)"

And as usual, no love for us poor cousin Canucks. :cry: Perturbed E-mail sent on that point. :rant:

The apostrophy implies possessive - as in "Shelby's signature is valuable."

Speaking about more than one car, it would be "I've got your Shelbys right here!"

Crap. I'm out of Cheese Wiz again. Edith....

I know. I was just bustin' your English professor chops.

• 2 months later...
Just got this in my Google Alerts. New Franklin Mint Shelby die cast from SteedShop.com

http://www.steedshop.com/servlet/Detail?no=875

Pretzel thats the first one I seen with the correct production hood, all the others I seen including the one i got so far are copies of the prototype. As for the price, the Franklin mint has always been expensive, but they are more detailed. Good find Pretz.

The Mattel version has the production hood as well and is available in Red and White.

http://diecastmustangs.com/wheel-elite-200...t500-p-368.html

I just picked this one up on Ebay for $24 shipped. Here's the link to the one I won perhaps he has more since he 's a dealer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

Archived