TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Phx Good Guys car show( Flowmaster rep) 11-18-06

BillyRay

I was at the car show this weekend and Flowmaster had their big rig there. I asked the rep. what would he suggest for a muffler repalcement on the new Shelby?

HE PAUSED FOR A MOMENT AND SAID.....NOTHING , he stated Ford did their homework and DO NOT

mess with the system. There is nothing we can do to improve the factory system. He also stated the Z-06 was in the same boat and not to change out the mufflers.

I thought this statement was cool since he is in the exhaust business!!!

post-3364-1164050016_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1164050016_thumb.jpg

I was at the car show this weekend and Flowmaster had their big rig there. I asked the rep. what would he suggest for a muffler repalcement on the new Shelby?

HE PAUSED FOR A MOMENT AND SAID.....NOTHING , he stated Ford did their homework and DO NOT

mess with the system. There is nothing we can do to improve the factory system. He also stated the Z-06 was in the same boat and not to change out the mufflers.

Interesting :headscratch:

Thanks for the feed back from the show. This is good information to pass along. I am not sure what the big women photo has to do with it. Most of us could do with out that. We are making an effort to keep the site somewhat "clean" from the zingers.

Rob

Thanks for the feed back from the show. This is good information to pass along. I am not sure what the big women photo has to do with it. Most of us could do with out that. We are making an effort to keep the site somewhat "clean" from the zingers.

Rob

I quess the woman and my topic of the stock muffler would be " Dont touch that"or do not mess with!

I know this is going to sound like someone most of us disliked but BS. I know that B&B picked up a few horsepower with their kit for the ZO6 and given the horsepower and the 2-1/4 inch reduction before you hit the muffler on the Shelby, there is some horsepower to gain. Especially if you increase the breathing, you still have to get the exhaust out.

Think of it as Exlax :rant:

I quess the woman and my topic of the stock muffler would be " Dont touch that"or do not mess with!

It is a good topic that you have started. I did not pick up the connection you speak of, and I am sure many will not. IMO I would edit out the photo and go have fun with it in the open topic forum. !

Rob

I know this is going to sound like someone most of us disliked but BS. I know that B&B picked up a few horsepower with their kit for the ZO6 and given the horsepower and the 2-1/4 inch reduction before you hit the muffler on the Shelby, there is some horsepower to gain. Especially if you increase the breathing, you still have to get the exhaust out.

Think of it as Exlax :rant:

Besides, even if there is ZERO hp gain, the factory mufflers are WAY too quiet. Heck, my wifes stock GT sounds better than the one Shelby I heard. The Shelby NEEDS exhaust work for aural performance if not hp.

Archived