TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Bought in Texas?

EXVp

Anyone on this board buy the White/Blue stripe Shelby GT500 that was sitting for about a week and a half at Texan Ford in Arlington Texas, off of I-20? Last price on it was $69,995 which was just before this past weekend. TIA.

You mean they actually SOLD that car ? Im still showing in in their inventory.. but I went by there on Monday 13th and it was still there. They said they bought it from another dealership, and they paid 17K for the car, and had it marked up 25K.. I hope nobody paid that much for it.

I asked if they had recieved all of there 07 allocation. One said they had sold the only two they were getting, that is why they purchase this one from another dealership. Then the sales Manager tells me that they have 2 more coming that is a part of their original allocation. The original saleman heard his statement and questioned him in front of me.. LOL :hysterical:

This is the same dealership that dropped me off of their list when i was number 3 and trashed it and started a new one. When I went in to inquire and check back with them... they told me they were going to sell their allocation of 2 cars, to overseas buyers, but for some reason was still taking a list of names. :doh::banghead::headscratch:

I went by just to look at the car.. BUT I WILL NEVER PURHASE A CAR FROM THEM... EVER !!!

You mean they actually SOLD that car ? Im still showing in in their inventory.. but I went by there on Monday 13th and it was still there. They said they bought it from another dealership, and they paid 17K for the car, and had it marked up 25K.. I hope nobody paid that much for it.

I asked if they had recieved all of there 07 allocation. One said they had sold the only two they were getting, that is why they purchase this one from another dealership. Then the sales Manager tells me that they have 2 more coming that is a part of their original allocation. The original saleman heard his statement and questioned him in front of me.. LOL :hysterical:

This is the same dealership that dropped me off of their list when i was number 3 and trashed it and started a new one. When I went in to inquire and check back with them... they told me they were going to sell their allocation of 2 cars, to overseas buyers, but for some reason was still taking a list of names. :doh::banghead::headscratch:

I went by just to look at the car.. BUT I WILL NEVER PURHASE A CAR FROM THEM... EVER !!!

Don't know if it sold or what, but it did seem to vanish and the girl at the desk who sits right behind it didn't know a thing. I was hoping the car would sit and dwell for awhile and con't costing them each day it didn't move. There is an end to the number of buyers who will spend 10, 15, and 20K over MSRP and then perhaps the dwell time will start increasing and shift down the prices to where a larger buyer contingent is. Again, a time thing. I wouldn't buy a car from them either. I don't have allot of trust in the list thing as you pointed out. They get lost, or thrown out, changed up, ignored or other...you name it what ever suits them to make a deal for the best buck. They want a today buyer...guy walks in and is interested in buying that day and makes a quick decision and doesn't take half or a whole day of the sales teams time. Walk in and start dickering, come back the next day and start over...as long as that car is on the floor...sitting. I'll close for now as Im slowly getting myself pi$$ed off as I get into this. :doh:

Don't know if it sold or what, but it did seem to vanish and the girl at the desk who sits right behind it didn't know a thing. I was hoping the car would sit and dwell for awhile and con't costing them each day it didn't move. There is an end to the number of buyers who will spend 10, 15, and 20K over MSRP and then perhaps the dwell time will start increasing and shift down the prices to where a larger buyer contingent is. Again, a time thing. I wouldn't buy a car from them either. I don't have allot of trust in the list thing as you pointed out. They get lost, or thrown out, changed up, ignored or other...you name it what ever suits them to make a deal for the best buck. They want a today buyer...guy walks in and is interested in buying that day and makes a quick decision and doesn't take half or a whole day of the sales teams time. Walk in and start dickering, come back the next day and start over...as long as that car is on the floor...sitting. I'll close for now as Im slowly getting myself pi$$ed off as I get into this. :doh:

I agree.. I will go by and take a look to see if it is still there... I live fairly close.

They might have had it out getting cleaned up, it was looking very dull and unpolished the day I saw it. Hard to sell a dirty car for 69K

Also, the stripes on the front bumper were messed up. there were tears along the

edges, so they could have been getting them fixed too.

I agree.. I will go by and take a look to see if it is still there... I live fairly close.

They might have had it out getting cleaned up, it was looking very dull and unpolished the day I saw it. Hard to sell a dirty car for 69K

Also, the stripes on the front bumper were messed up. there were tears along the

edges, so they could have been getting them fixed too.

Yeah, maybe your right too...I saw the messed up stripe on the front down low. I looked close at all the panels and the finish is still disappointing, but about standard for American production line quality. Look at where an edge /corner is and you'll see the paint all pooled up into a drop shape. Plus the standard orange peel effects through out. The Japanese, the Germans, the Sweeds can put a damned respectable finish on a production line vehicle...why can't the big 3 'here' see the light and get it right? For 45 grand it ought to have a 45K finish too!! There are cars out there for half the price with visibly better finishes on them! Holy cow, Im spinning up again...think Im just aching to belly ache about this whole $am Shelby Mustang deal. lol...jeeze.............oh, Happy Thanksgiving!

Archived