TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Not just for 40th's

It would be cool if we could buy a nice chrome lug wrench or socket that fits our snazzy razor wheels. Anybody have a link? I know it's a pretty tight fit but don't have the specs.

I would be in for one of these.

A little off topic but I've heard the lug nuts on the Razors are smaller than the factory lug nuts. Does anybody know the size of socket or if a special socket is necessary? I am hoping to pick up my 40th soon and want to be able to check the lug nuts with a torque wrench before driving her home.

Thanks,

Gerry

I would be in for one of these.

A little off topic but I've heard the lug nuts on the Razors are smaller than the factory lug nuts. Does anybody know the size of socket or if a special socket is necessary? I am hoping to pick up my 40th soon and want to be able to check the lug nuts with a torque wrench before driving her home.

Thanks,

Gerry

I'm working on it. It's not easy to find out. I don't have a set of deep sockets to test out on my car and the nuts are not listed on the American Racing website. :headscratch:

When do you pick up your car?

I'm working on it. It's not easy to find out. I don't have a set of deep sockets to test out on my car and the nuts are not listed on the American Racing website. :headscratch:

When do you pick up your car?

Thanks Torch 40. We're flying out May 10th and picking the car up on Monday morning the 11th to drive back. :shift:

Please don't spend too much time researching on my behalf. I'll just pack the metric and SAE sockets of approximate size with the torque wrench. I believe the lug nuts are smaller than stock just not sure if they are metric or standard.

Thanks again

Gchaser1, my 40th came with an American Racing e-z lug wrench that has two lugs 3/4'' and19mm. I would check with Bud if they are still part of the package. Mine are still in the wrapper and never been used. They are thin wall socket design.

Gchaser1, my 40th came with an American Racing e-z lug wrench that has two lugs 3/4'' and19mm. I would check with Bud if they are still part of the package. Mine are still in the wrapper and never been used. They are thin wall socket design.

They are not part of the current package. I asked when I bought my 40th upgrade. Do you have a picture?

Thanks Torch 40. We're flying out May 10th and picking the car up on Monday morning the 11th to drive back. :shift:

Please don't spend too much time researching on my behalf. I'll just pack the metric and SAE sockets of approximate size with the torque wrench. I believe the lug nuts are smaller than stock just not sure if they are metric or standard.

Thanks again

No problem. You don't need the whole set, 3/4" or 19mm is the way to go. They need to be thin wall sockets.

This socket came with a protective plastic sleeve but it was to thick to fit.

Lugnut001.jpg

Lugnut002.jpg

It would be cool if we could buy a nice chrome lug wrench or socket that fits our snazzy razor wheels. Anybody have a link? I know it's a pretty tight fit but don't have the specs.

You should have gotten one with your package, I would look through everything, I forget where I found mine but I was happy to find it included, It might have been in the box with the 40th floor mats,ken

OK Thanks gt67. Hopefully they are still part of the package. Torch 40 - thanks for the idea. I've got some thin walled Craftsman's which will work just fine.

Ken - Good to see you post something. I can't say much given my post count. I know you know about the lug nuts because I remember you putting track tires on your 40th and dominating the track at CS 86. That was impressive.

OK Thanks gt67. Hopefully they are still part of the package.

I picked mine up in November and did not receive the kit either. :headscratch:

FYI, the factory locking lugnut fits the Razors just fine.

Maybe they only included the wrench and sockets on the fast color 40th's. :banghead::violin::speedie:

I think you are spot on. My Performance White came with a wrench and sockets and everybody knows White is the fastest.

Stock wheels have the 3/4" and the new Razors are 11/16". I did not receive any wrench with the upgrade, but I know when I go to the track with both cars, the SGT takes the 3/4 & 40th takes 11/16.

Dr. Jon

Not sure about your stock wheel set up, but the stock lugs on our 2007 GT500 are 13/16"

I think you are spot on. My Performance White came with a wrench and sockets and everybody knows White is the fastest.

I also have the fastest color ( Performance White ), but did not receive any wrench or socket :banghead: .

So the White 40th is faster than the Red SS? :lurk:

Mine is. The very first production 725HP KB on the ground from SAI was a 40th with full SuperSnake performance upgrades. They actually had to wait for the EPA certification before they could release it.

Mine is. The very first production 725HP KB on the ground from SAI was a 40th with full SuperSnake performance upgrades. They actually had to wait for the EPA certification before they could release it.

Red 40th is fastest. End of story.

Oh, the chicks really dig the red cars.

So what your saying is that they practiced on yours then got mine right. :lol: Blue is by far the fastest color, CS told me so! :peelout:

So what your saying is that they practiced on yours then got mine right. :lol: Blue is by far the fastest color, CS told me so! :peelout:

No, No, No, No, No. You've got it backwards! Mine was so fast, they were afraid of litigation and slowed the blue ones down.

Archived