TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ram air system _ Homemade

Thank for the info will look into kenne belle, I'll probably keep it on till I find a ram hood thats fits my taste. I got a feeling this thing will rip off at 80mph or better. Some to keep me busy and I like fabricating thing But, I am going to seal the box off as baest possible from heat air and cut open the hood scoop and under it for cool air. I will try to make a flap in the scoop to open it and close from inside the car just to see if I can pull it off.

Caio

Your welcome. There are a lot of people who like the F250 "zoodad" ram air despite the moisture and elements.

I am still interested in the Chip Beck functional scoop (heat exchange rather than ram air) for my SGT. I keep changing my mind about what I want to do. My stripes are wrinkled at five places around the scoop and this might be the excuse to go functional.

p.s. cyberspace is not the best way to communicate as there is no body language.

Peace out

What about combing what Agent 47 has done ?

Agent 47 Ram Air

ramair01_495.jpg

Agent 47 Brake Cooling

brakecooling01_600.jpg

lowergrill_shelby04_600.jpg

Just another thought

Andrew

I looked into that but would end being to costly, I know you guys will think is nuts but how about a scoop that you can pop up over the CAI intake. But, I probably go with a new hood with the Ram air and heat extractor. My stripes are starting to bubble around the reviets and really stripes are painted on. I did use my leaf blower at 4in away from my grille and did get a nice flow.

I went onto Kenne Belle last nite and if you read what he wrote in small lettering that any CAI system should never be mounted under the hood or by the radiator. Which, I agree 100% but for now I will and you guy's should seal your box off as much as possible from sucking in hot air. I'm filling in the gaps with insulation and covering it with black masking tape and put sheet metal in front to block off tthe hot air from the radiator. I did this with my M3 and workout well. I wish they made an intercooler for N/A cars that would work out nice.

Your welcome. There are a lot of people who like the F250 "zoodad" ram air despite the moisture and elements.

I am still interested in the Chip Beck functional scoop (heat exchange rather than ram air) for my SGT. I keep changing my mind about what I want to do. My stripes are wrinkled at five places around the scoop and this might be the excuse to go functional.

p.s. cyberspace is not the best way to communicate as there is no body language.

Peace out

Thanks for the info and where can, I find functional hood scoop thread ???

I'm dieing for body language from Swedman and a quart of Royal purple motor oil :drool: Now that's Priceless !!!!

Cause, I can and as said before better than changing diapers !!! You that and the ambient temp around my babys diaper 2 to 3 degrees below so I'll stick to screwing around with my car. But the point you also missed here is thinking something up and fabricating it and didn't you ever play dress up with your dolls. I miss those days :drool: But thank you for the knowledge I guess those 2 yrs of auto mechanic school and 8yrs working for ford and 3yrs as an Auto tech for the F.B.I. Ask why everyone puts pulleys in there cars or shorty headers or different mufflers. They do it because you add those up and they amount to something and it makes them happy :dance::salute:

I am not trying to insult you or your idea. I am giving you the facts about the abundance of air flow about the engine bay from trying different configurations over the past 12 years. Given the config you came up with at best the increased velocity of the air could improve heat transfer...AND THAT'S IT.

From the standpoint of decreasing air intake temperature it will never decrease less than the ambiant air temperature UNLESS the config is actually designed with a complete understanding of Bernoulli's fluid-flow principles and a complete understanding of Venturi's thoughts around thermaldynamics. Just looking at your suggested configuration (despite your credentials) it is plainly evident to me you are not even close to showing that kind of extended thought in the matter.

At a minimum to even start to approach any kind of cooling thermaldynamic Ram-Air effects that are true to Bernoulli's or Venturi's laws a SHORT and STRAIGHT and HORIZONTAL and SMOOTH path of directed air must be established directly into the throttle-body and not be being directed up and down and through the twists of some dumbass tube or pipe that is full of corrugations.

Once again I will repeat to you what you apparently missed.......when cruising in a car using a CAI there is very little temperature difference between the ambiant air temperature and the intake air temperature...about 2 to 3 maybe 4 degrees (intake temp being higher than the ambiant). And that is as good as its going to get without a better understanding of fluid thermaldynamics.

And one comment I'd like to add on that is directed to those other folks saying that "using corrugated tubing as part of a RAM-AIR setup must be alright if Shelby uses it for brake cooling".......................Making air input cooler versus cooling off brakes are NOT the same thing. The corrugated tubing will work for cooling brakes because the incoming air being directed over the brake assembly by the tube is in essence expediting heat transfer off of the brakes not as a result of air temperature but as a result of just directed air flow. Use of any tubing having nothing less than a smooth internal surface when trying to create air cooling using fluid-thermal dynamic principles is going to self-defeat the purpose of trying to cool the air. So equating the use of corrugated tubing to both brake cooling and air intake matters is comparing apples and oranges.

I applaud you for trying something new but my concern would be when cruising the air flow will go across the inlet instead of into it. If this happens it could actually cause negative pressure in the intake hose the faster you go making the engine fight for air.

Sky Dancers you had me at hello, I forwarded your statement to my brother who is education and he broke it done for me as simple as possible. He said idiot it's not going work stop wasting time and cutting up your car you cazy moron keep to you know what you do best eat get drunk and womanize you dumb cop.

Thank god for my brother he's nice than my Liberal sister :drool:

Ok now what about me just cutting my scoop open and the hood good or bad idea ???

My brain hurts after reading all those big words reminds me when, I worked lower manhattan and meet a smarty girl and she would talk those big words. I'd have to shut her up with the old trick talk into the microphone :hysterical: . You can't even have a good argument with them because your looking the words as you fight with her.

Archived