TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club May 2009

twobjshelbys

We had our regular monthly meet and greet this morning. Last month's was canceled due to weather, and as of about 8:00 last night today didn't look good. It was a pretty nice early spring but every weekend for the last month has been cold and snowing or rainy. Yesterday was no different. But fortunately our cruse director decided that this month's event would be on Sunday...

I left the house at about 7:30 to Aurora. I wasn't going to let the weather beat me and took the Cobra. I drove through these low lying clouds in about 40*F. I had my winter gloves on:

DSC_3360.jpg

So I got there and it was someone's bad joke to have to drive through some mud puddles.

Get this: There were THREE Supersnake GT500!'s.

DSC_3361.jpg

DSC_3362.jpg

Breakfast was good. The breakfast burritos were big enough to feed an army.

DSC_3363.jpg

DSC_3364.jpg

Then they booted us out because we had eaten and were consuming tables from others. We went back to the corral and herded the ponies and snakes around until about 11:30 and then people started leaving. I got everyone for a group shot before I headed back to the ranch:

DSC_3365.jpg

DSC_3366.jpg

I calculated the mileage and trips from Mr. GPS - 57.7 miles down (via Boulder) and 57.1 miles back (via 25N via Longmont), and got a whopping 13.0 MPG with the Cobra. It sure sounds sweet and I got a whole bunch of "thumbs up" - one from a 12 or 13 year old girl at the I25-Hwy66 interchange in a Volvo Wagon with groceries in the back!

Great to see everyone! I saw the Red SS coming back on Parker road around 2pm, I think some of you must have gone down to see if Medved had some KR's on the lot. Did they? I was told by a sales rep at Burt Ford that MedVed had 3 on thier lot...

Look forward to seeing you all the next time....

correction KR's not SS

Great to see everyone! I saw the Red SS coming back on Parker road around 2pm, I think some of you must have gone down to see if Medved had some SS on the lot. Did they? I was told by a sales rep at Burt Ford that MedVed had 3 on thier lot...

Not SS, KR's... I had to be at the fort by 1:00 and made it with 15 minutes to spare.

Great to see everyone! I saw the Red SS coming back on Parker road around 2pm, I think some of you must have gone down to see if Medved had some KR's on the lot. Did they? I was told by a sales rep at Burt Ford that MedVed had 3 on thier lot...

correction KR's not SS

MEDVED HAD 2 KR'S ON SUNDAY PARKED INSIDE. WE STOPPED THERE WITH JOHN FROM CANON CITY. I WENT BACK ON WEDNESDAY AND LOOKED AT THEM. THEY HAVE A 20,000 ADM SO IT'S STICKER IS 107,000---ON THE BLACK ONE. THERE'S A BLUE ONE OUT BACK THAT'S GOT SOME MILES ON IT. SALESMAN SAID PRICE WAS FIRM---HE (THEY) ASKED TO LOOK AT MY SS AND LIFT THE HOOD. AFTER EXPLAINING WHAT THE SS IS I OVERHEARD ONE OF THEM SAY TO ANOTHER "DO YOU REALLY THINK WE'LL GET 100K FOR OUR KR". IT'S A NICE LOOKING CAR BUT WAY OVER PRICED.

BOB

WENT NEXT DOOR AND LOOKED AT THE CAMARO---LOOKS GOOD--REAL GOOD ACTUALLY--UNTIL YOU GET TO THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT.

STILL BOB

MEDVED HAD 2 KR'S ON SUNDAY PARKED INSIDE. WE STOPPED THERE WITH JOHN FROM CANON CITY. I WENT BACK ON WEDNESDAY AND LOOKED AT THEM. THEY HAVE A 20,000 ADM SO IT'S STICKER IS 107,000---ON THE BLACK ONE. THERE'S A BLUE ONE OUT BACK THAT'S GOT SOME MILES ON IT. SALESMAN SAID PRICE WAS FIRM---HE (THEY) ASKED TO LOOK AT MY SS AND LIFT THE HOOD. AFTER EXPLAINING WHAT THE SS IS I OVERHEARD ONE OF THEM SAY TO ANOTHER "DO YOU REALLY THINK WE'LL GET 100K FOR OUR KR". IT'S A NICE LOOKING CAR BUT WAY OVER PRICED.

BOB

WENT NEXT DOOR AND LOOKED AT THE CAMARO---LOOKS GOOD--REAL GOOD ACTUALLY--UNTIL YOU GET TO THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT.

STILL BOB

"DO YOU REALLY THINK WE'LL GET 100K FOR OUR KR"

They have no sense of reality. $20K over when they are going at or under MSRP.

• 3 months later...

Archived