TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tungsten/full delete photos arrived 11/17

06ragtopGT

Very nice. I Like it too.

That last photo made me nervous. A little close to that brick wall with that bumper.

Carefull with that baby.

Loved looking at all the photos. Keeps my PSDS level down a notch.

Have fun with it. :shift:

Thanks guys and this website for the support to help me through the last few weeks. :read::sos::stats::reading:

Also Robert Lane :rockon: for the great spy shots (pre job 1) that helped me decide exactly what I wanted my car to be.

I decided that I could add the rocker stripes after I got the car if it needed them,+ I was

considering painting the lower black trim and the rocker stripe would be too high. After seeing the car I dont know if I will do either. I love the stealth thing and the cars lines are just great, the front end is just mean. Needs to be lowered and thats a priority.

Yeah my kids are loving it! Just sold my 06 vert and a bonus with the coupe is you get much more trunk and side space (elbow room) in the backseat. Plus its not as dark for them in the rear. B) Its a great family car (until they get taller) They end the debate of Vette or Mustang for me right off plus this car is way cooler than a Vette. :rockon:

Drives Excellent, more everything than my 06. Well I got to go do some driving. Hang in there everyone w/o cars because it is worth it. :victory:

Thanks guys and this website for the support to help me through the last few weeks. :read::sos::stats::reading:

Also Robert Lane :rockon: for the great spy shots (pre job 1) that helped me decide exactly what I wanted my car to be.

I decided that I could add the rocker stripes after I got the car if it needed them,+ I was

considering painting the lower black trim and the rocker stripe would be too high. After seeing the car I dont know if I will do either. I love the stealth thing and the cars lines are just great, the front end is just mean. Needs to be lowered and thats a priority.

Yeah my kids are loving it! Just sold my 06 vert and a bonus with the coupe is you get much more trunk and side space (elbow room) in the backseat. Plus its not as dark for them in the rear. B) Its a great family car (until they get taller) They end the debate of Vette or Mustang for me right off plus this car is way cooler than a Vette. :rockon:

Drives Excellent, more everything than my 06. Well I got to go do some driving. Hang in there everyone w/o cars because it is worth it. :victory:

:rockon:

Yep the kids like it too. And yes Mastersmech its called a pappy in our house. :baby:

Took my boy for a ride in the mountians on some great untraveled roads yesterday and we had a blast. I was able to take some curves pretty hard and do a couple of launches on some long straight aways. The car is fantastic. Traction is very very limited and I'm planning to do something about it maybe dedicated drag radials and drive my truck on the rainy days.?

The car is so easy to drive. The transmission is superb. Gears are found easily. The only issue is its noisey (the tranny) at idle but no big deal. This car is easily a daily driver, the clutch is not to stiff as some mags said.

Fit and finish is perfect and the surge of power is great. Like my 06 GT it doesnt feel as fast as it is because its so smooth getting up to speed. Im going to have to get a radar detector. :doh:

The ride is much more refined than I expected. It probably rides about as smooth as my 06 because it was a vert. The live axle has the little bouncey effect but its not bad at all. Now I just have to get the rear end lowered and inch or two. It does have the look of and early 70's jacked up musclecar in the rear which in one way is kinda cool. B)

Its funny without the stripes because you get people taking a triple check to realize "hey that is a Shelby"

So there it is my fun weekend. Now its time to get it dyno-tuned and add CAI and then figure out if the pulley swap is going to be worth the gain and if I want 3.73 or 4.10's. :rockon:

Thanks everyone for the comments. :D

Thanks guys, golly gees yall are going to make me blush. :blush:

Did I mention it does'nt hook up worth a flip. Hit 2nd today and about lost it. Spun sideways until 3rd with T/C on! I wonder whats the biggest drag radial I can get on the stock rim? Traction is the only reason magazines couldnt get a low 12 in this car.

Also I did not mention that the engine looks much nicer in person than in photos. The pearl grey (powered by SVT) valve covers look sweet. Will look even better with the JLT carbon fiber tube laid across it! That factory air box looks so restrictive. Photos dont do the engine justice.

Well got to go out in the garage and stare at my car some more. :hyper:

Thanks for the comments and for those of you waiting the conception (VIN assigned) to the birth of your car (build date) then the hated wait for arrival :banghead: well................, just hang in there. :beerchug: Not sure how to tell you to deal with that last part. <_<

Archived