TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 40th Upholstery Installed

I was not aware of that. When did SAI take that position, when I ordered the blue inserts there was no difference in regards to the 40th status and color of seat inserts. Mark

I was told in order to keep your 40th status you had to go with the silver inserts--just like our stripes... I think Gary D. has been changing a lot of things and might not be coordinating with SAI. I do not know. Also, at one time the only cars that could get the Silver inserts were the 40ths--I think he has been letting others use it as well.headscratch.gif

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told in order to keep your 40th status you had to go with the silver inserts--just like our stripes... I think Gary D. has been changing a lot of things and might not be coordinating with SAI. I do not know. Also, at one time the only cars that could get the Silver inserts were the 40ths--I think he has been letting others use it as well.headscratch.gif

Thats interesting...since my blue seats have the 40th logo stitching and was ordered using my 40th CSM#. Perhaps you are correct in regards to the coordination/communication between Gary and SAI. Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, according to SAI, if you go with the Silver inserts it maintains it's 40th status. If you go with another color it will be noted as "owner installed modification".

Here we go. The registry police. Give some people a little power and they are all over you. I know, you're just doing your job. :-)

Here we go. The registry police. Give some people a little power and they are all over you. I know, you're just doing your job. :-)

Don,

I hate to tell you that after going through the records it has been determined that your car has been stripped of it's 40th status because of slow driving at Halet....hysterical.gif

Stuart...

PS as far as the seats go, I am not sure but will check into this--things change...

Actually, according to SAI, if you go with the Silver inserts it maintains it's 40th status. If you go with another color it will be noted as "owner installed modification".

"owner installed modification" They make it sound like you went to WalMart or KMart and bought something for your car???? These are sold by SA and you have a SA reciept and the embroidered logo are SA copyrite :headscratch::headscratch: d.

"owner installed modification" They make it sound like you went to WalMart or KMart and bought something for your car???? These are sold by SA and you have a SA reciept and the embroidered logo are SA copyrite headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif d.

They are all "offical SA" products and are included in the registry.

Don,

I hate to tell you that after going through the records it has been determined that your car has been stripped of it's 40th status because of slow driving at Halet....hysterical.gif

Stuart...

PS as far as the seats go, I am not sure but will check into this--things change...

Stuart,

I hate to tell you this, but the unemployment rate for comedians is extremely high. Keep your daytime job.

Stuart,

I hate to tell you this, but the unemployment rate for comedians is extremely high. Keep your daytime job.

You know I'm kidding... After driving your car I fell in love with it!!!!happy%20feet.gif But, you need to talk to your buddy MS...slapfight.gif

Archived