TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 40th Upholstery Installed

John's, (GT500flyboy) pictures are probably a little better because he has a vert and you can see the overall effect much better. I tried to do close-ups of the transitions to give a compare and contrast of the two styles. I am glad I had them perforated.

I am very, very happy with the end results. There are wrinkle as previously noted, but both Gary Disney, and the installer have convinced me that with a little heat and time they will be perfect. The installer told me it may take up to 60 days, and Gary said that if I am not happy, the installer will be able to fix it after some time. I was with the installer when he installed and he opted to not steam the leather, but rather to let it shrink naturally. He is a very experienced guy and I defer to his expertise.

Black 40th Guys, this upgrade is an absolute must for you. I am tickled pink and thrilled with the effect on my Performance White coupe, but the black with silver insert on a black car will be friggin unbelievable, and my preference is not for a black car. One can admire beauty without owning it.

The quality versus OEM is hands down 10X better. There is more of a grain to the leather, which I like, and the thickness of the leather is probably 50% more.

The headrests match the grain perfectly, not the problem that SAI had with the Snake Logo through SPP for awhile.

Comfort of the seats if fab. The bollards are much more pronounced and will keep you in place on the track. You may have an issue getting in and out of the car eventually. The foam in the seats, again, is no comparison to OEM. Much higher quality and more dense. It will not break down in my lifetime.

This is a firmer seat and may not be to everyone's liking. For me, it's top of the line.

This is one of those mods that you feel really good about.

Good Show Shelby.

th_Perforations.jpg

th_FrontSeat1.jpg

th_BackSeat1.jpg

th_SeatTransition.jpg

th_Transition2.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks awesome man :)

I really wish they would INCLUDE this with the 40th. If they did I might be tempted to do mine but alas... no... :(

I agree. This makes the 40th appearance package really pop.

Looks great, CF. Wish I had the perforated insert...

Hey - little hint - you might edit your thumbnail links. Delete "?action=view&current=" from them and the links will then simply show a new window with the pic - not a photobucket page. It's quicker. I don't know when photobucket started to include the extra commands in the link, though it's annoying...

FrontSeat1.jpg

BackSeat1.jpg

You are not helping out my cause on this!

Each fricken post on this interior makes me want it even more for my Black SGT!

Now to wait out another discount and for the penny jar to fill-up.

So now we have the option for the perforation? Is this extra? If so, how much?

John's, (GT500flyboy) pictures are probably a little better because he has a vert and you can see the overall effect much better. I tried to do close-ups of the transitions to give a compare and contrast of the two styles. I am glad I had them perforated.

I am very, very happy with the end results. There are wrinkle as previously noted, but both Gary Disney, and the installer have convinced me that with a little heat and time they will be perfect. The installer told me it may take up to 60 days, and Gary said that if I am not happy, the installer will be able to fix it after some time. I was with the installer when he installed and he opted to not steam the leather, but rather to let it shrink naturally. He is a very experienced guy and I defer to his expertise.

Black 40th Guys, this upgrade is an absolute must for you. I am tickled pink and thrilled with the effect on my Performance White coupe, but the black with silver insert on a black car will be friggin unbelievable, and my preference is not for a black car. One can admire beauty without owning it.

The quality versus OEM is hands down 10X better. There is more of a grain to the leather, which I like, and the thickness of the leather is probably 50% more.

The headrests match the grain perfectly, not the problem that SAI had with the Snake Logo through SPP for awhile.

Comfort of the seats if fab. The bollards are much more pronounced and will keep you in place on the track. You may have an issue getting in and out of the car eventually. The foam in the seats, again, is no comparison to OEM. Much higher quality and more dense. It will not break down in my lifetime.

This is a firmer seat and may not be to everyone's liking. For me, it's top of the line.

Good Show Shelby.

Nice!!

I want to have this done,but my inserts are red on the door panels.

Do you know where i can get them change to grey?

thanks,

Todd

th_Perforations.jpg

th_FrontSeat1.jpg

th_BackSeat1.jpg

th_SeatTransition.jpg

th_Transition2.jpg

Good Show Shelby.

th_Perforations.jpg

th_FrontSeat1.jpg

th_BackSeat1.jpg

th_SeatTransition.jpg

th_Transition2.jpg

Nice!!

I want to have this done,but my inserts are red on the door panels.

Do you know where i can get them change to grey?

thanks,

Todd

Stng,

You will love this. The pictures do not do justice to the real McCoy. It will blow you away. You have the perfect combo for max effect. I think the perforation is $75 bucks or so.

Stng,

You will love this. The pictures do not do justice to the real McCoy. It will blow you away. You have the perfect combo for max effect. I think the perforation is $75 bucks or so.

CF, your correct, the price for the perforated inserts is $75.00. Thanks for the sterling review!

I have mine on order with the blue perforated inserts. I hope it looks as good as yours!

Do you have material comming for your door inserts?

CF, your correct, the price for the perforated inserts is $75.00. Thanks for the sterling review!

I have mine on order with the blue perforated inserts. I hope it looks as good as yours!

Do you have material comming for your door inserts?

Are the blue inserts a vista blue color?

Don,

Congrats on your new interior. Your 40th keeps looking better and better. The perforated inserts were a good choice, they look just awesome. All you need now are those 6 piston calipers in the rear that you have been waiting so long for.

Are the blue inserts a vista blue color?

According to Gary, the blue is not as dark as the Vista Blue (because the dark interior needed contrast). However he assurred me that the blue material was not a sky or aqua hue. Gary said that it was simmilar to the Chrysler corporate blue, not sure what that means (Fiat blue now)? :headscratch:

Having said that, I took Gary's word that it will look just right and ordered the blue seats.

These are awesome. My seats in my Terlingua did harden up with time. Now I just have to figure out what to clean them I want to keep the yellow clean for a long time and taking on the track with the dust and dirt gets them dirty.

Any ideas?

These are awesome. My seats in my Terlingua did harden up with time. Now I just have to figure out what to clean them I want to keep the yellow clean for a long time and taking on the track with the dust and dirt gets them dirty.

Any ideas?

Sharon,

Good question. I haven't given it any thought. I would think that a good quality leather cleaner/conditioner will do the trick.

Don,

Congrats on your new interior. Your 40th keeps looking better and better. The perforated inserts were a good choice, they look just awesome. All you need now are those 6 piston calipers in the rear that you have been waiting so long for.

They were ordered last week and I have an appointment at Quantum the first week in June. Just in time for Mid America. The new Shelby/Kicker stereo will be installed next week.

Gary P. let me sit in the red SS 427 at the 427 race and listen to that Kicker system. Don, it was just awesome. You will never hear any other system sound so sweet. Enjoy!

Yes, HP white is the fastest color. :speedie:

I sent an email to Glenn at Quantum a few days ago to take my car in and have not heard back. Is he out of town or something? If you see him ask him to call, thanks.

Most deffinitely post pics of your car when the new seats are in.

OK, no pics yet, however the seat upholstry just arrived today, and the blue looks GREAT! It will probably be 3 weeks or so before I can get them installed. If you need I could shoot a picture of them laid loose on the floor. Just let me know.

OK, no pics yet, however the seat upholstry just arrived today, and the blue looks GREAT! It will probably be 3 weeks or so before I can get them installed. If you need I could shoot a picture of them laid loose on the floor. Just let me know.

PICS :lurk:

Archived