TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 40th Upholstery Installed

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for the picture. Does the blue color match fairly well with the vista blue car?

Hi Sherri,

I just ordered all black with blue stitching and silver stitching for Carrols name. I didn't really like the silver as it reminded me of some moon boots I had as a kid and the blue seemed too light of a shade to match the Vista Blue so I decided to be a little more low profile and get all black with blue stitching. I'll post pictures when its all done.

Thanks Don for the positive feedback your opinion is what made me go ahead and get these. Since I know what a picky bugger you are they have to be awesome if you approved them.

Chad

Formely ccmellies by the way all I changed my user name to NordicShelby, since it ties my two favorite passions.

I'm going to guess that pic makes the blue look lighter than it is - Correct? If so - try to take a pic in daylight with no flash. That would give a better idea of the color.

Unfortunatly I did not shoot the photo, the shop doing the install did. I will find out if the flash was on for the photo, otherwise I do know that it was shot with flourescent overhead lighting.

The blue is slightly darker in person, but not much. The blue definatly is not as dark as the Vista blue exterior. Having said that, the Vista would not have enough contrast against the black to give a good visual appearance. JMO

In the next couple of days I will run by the shop and set the upholstry inside of my truck and shoot some pics with ambient sunlight and post those as well. Stay tuned.

Pic as promised.

th_100_17702.jpg

Those look really nice! How long until you have pics installed?

I am thinking about upgrading with the seat upholstery for my 08 Shelby GT/SC as color will be the same, but here is my problem... no matter what upholstery you install, these factory Mustang seats are very hard and can be painful over a long ride to an event as I DRIVE :shift: mine, but since I have nerve damage in my lower spine these seats are extremely uncomfortable for me. Debating whether to install this upholstery upgrade or switch to the Cobra Daytona seats by Sube Sports??

Enough with the moon boots.

Ok I won't mention it again I only mentioned it twice, can you tell I hated my moon boots as a kid.......I haven't seen any of these interiors in person I am sure both the blue and the silver inserts look great and I did have alot of trouble deciding which ones to get so I said (F) it I'm going all black with blue stitching I know its not going to have that much of a POP factor but I did get the seats perferated so that will stand out. I have a couple days before they get manufactured, I still think that I should change my mind to the blue inserts but I'm not going to, I want to me different; I guess its the rebel side of me coming out. :drool:

Those look really nice! How long until you have pics installed?

I am thinking about upgrading with the seat upholstery for my 08 Shelby GT/SC as color will be the same, but here is my problem... no matter what upholstery you install, these factory Mustang seats are very hard and can be painful over a long ride to an event as I DRIVE :shift: mine, but since I have nerve damage in my lower spine these seats are extremely uncomfortable for me. Debating whether to install this upholstery upgrade or switch to the Cobra Daytona seats by Sube Sports??

I'm guessing 3 weeks or so. My car just left today on a transporter back to SAI for some work to be done. The seats will be installed upon its return home. :waiting:

Hi Sherri,

I just ordered all black with blue stitching and silver stitching for Carrols name. I didn't really like the silver as it reminded me of some moon boots I had as a kid and the blue seemed too light of a shade to match the Vista Blue so I decided to be a little more low profile and get all black with blue stitching. I'll post pictures when its all done.

Thanks Don for the positive feedback your opinion is what made me go ahead and get these. Since I know what a picky bugger you are they have to be awesome if you approved them.

Chad

Formely ccmellies by the way all I changed my user name to NordicShelby, since it ties my two favorite passions.

hmmm, didn;'t think about just doing a color stitching. thanks for another idea Chad :)

hmmm, didn;'t think about just doing a color stitching. thanks for another idea Chad :)

Here's a closer pic showing the blue stitching. Hope this helps.

100_1772.jpg

Almost looks like a leather jacket.........Hmmmm :idea:

There was a guy at the Houston Mustang Club show earlier this year that had blue inserts done at a local upholstery shop that did not go dark like the Vista and it looked killer.

Chad, I kinda like moon boots, but I really like moon pies!

• 2 weeks later...

There was a guy at the Houston Mustang Club show earlier this year that had blue inserts done at a local upholstery shop that did not go dark like the Vista and it looked killer.

IMG00170-20090601-1553.jpg

IMG00171-20090601-1553.jpg

IMG00179-20090601-1649.jpg

Door inserts in grey perforated

leather, and seats. Picture taken with phone.

Todd

Todd,

They look fantastic. Good job.

I'm in Dallas at Quantum getting the big breaks put on the rear. When I get her back to town, this will be next.

Thanks for the pics.

Don

Todd,

They look fantastic. Good job.

I'm in Dallas at Quantum getting the big breaks put on the rear. When I get her back to town, this will be next.

Thanks for the pics.

Don

What kind of breaks are they giving you; a coffee break? HAHAHAH

Todd

The doors look great! Nice job!

When I talked to Gary D. about material for my door panels, he recommended that I use vinyl instead of leather. Which did you use?

OK Guys,

Someone help me out. Ask a question or make a statement that I can respond to. I'm only 2 posts from the millinium of posts. I'm trying to post on my thread. I've used up two posts on the brake issue. I'm turning into a Post Ho digger, I hate that.

Todd

The doors look great! Nice job!

When I talked to Gary D. about material for my door panels, he recommended that I use vinyl instead of leather. Which did you use?

I went with Leather,

looks and feels great but a lot more expensive then the vinyl.

$300.00 per door.

Todd

ARe you getting the plus or the extreme 6 piston BRAKES? I got the plus series and here are those rims I got at the bash. I haven't tried them out yet since my car is still in the shop.

n770734492_2668541_5435001.jpg

Chad,

That's what friends are for. I love the softballs. Yes, they are the big extreme Baer's that Shelby puts on the front that were redesigned for the rear. Are you going to Tulsa?

Yes I am my car better be done by the 20th since my birthday is on the 21st and I am leaving on the 23rd to go to Tulsa. :happy feet: Hope your going to be there.

So does the leather feel softer than the orginal?

Yes I am my car better be done by the 20th since my birthday is on the 21st and I am leaving on the 23rd to go to Tulsa. :happy feet: Hope your going to be there.

So does the leather feel softer than the orginal?

You're the best. I owe you a beer for your birthday and for getting me over the hump. I'm going to the driving school on Wednesday and spending all three days at the track versus going to the drags.

The wheels are killer. Congratulations.

You're the best. I owe you a beer for your birthday and for getting me over the hump. I'm going to the driving school on Wednesday and spending all three days at the track versus going to the drags.

Congrats I took a picture of your 1000th post I'll have to email it to.

Thanks Don I think I would rather have a g;lass of that fine wine you won at the bash. :drool: You know that special Shelby edition...... HAHAH just kidding I bet you never even popped it yet.

I better hurry up and sign up tomorrow for the driving school and the road racing.

I would love to see if the SGT can keep up with that 40th on the track. :car:

I hope the interior upgrade can be on my car by Tulsa time.

I also want to put the car in the car show on Sunday I have never entered any car in a show before, I think it will be kinda cool.

Thanks on the wheels, I think they look awesome.

IMG00170-20090601-1553.jpg

IMG00171-20090601-1553.jpg

IMG00179-20090601-1649.jpg

Todd

Wow that looks great! Where did you get the leather for the inserts?

Don,

I hope to see you again on Friday. Gregg and I will both be there. I want to try out a Terlingua vs. the 725hp upgrade on the 40th. Have fun at the school again.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

Archived