TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Landscaper Murdered

This is going to be the future headline in my local newspaper. I need a forensic auto body man.

I believe my lawn maintenance guy ran his lawnmower into my rear quarter panel and took out the lower rocker panel. In addition, the wheel ran down the rocker panel to the door hinge and looks to me like it creased that rocker. Of course, total denial!

I've taken it to the body shop and it is already $700 for the rear quarter rocker without the additional damage (possibly) of the door rocker. It could be $1,500 and I'll lose my Terlingua decals as an additional benefit. Great.

Normally the car would have been in the garage, but I just installed the new Shelby interior upgrade and was letting it bask in the sun to help shrink the leather as directed. The car was fine at the installer. Drove straight home and parked in the driveway. Lawn got mowed. 4 hours later I moved the car from the driveway straight to the garage and noticed the damage.

Unfortunately, the dent is very unorthodox to be a clear case of I gotya, but the tire mark on the door rocker matches up perfectly with the rear tire of the lawnmower.

I'll post pictures later. Right now I'm to pi$$ed off to even think straight.

PS:

By the way, the new seats look marvelous. More of a report when I am in a rational frame of mind.

This is going to be the future headline in my local newspaper. I need a forensic auto body man.

I believe my lawn maintenance guy ran his lawnmower into my rear quarter panel and took out the lower rocker panel. In addition, the wheel ran down the rocker panel to the door hinge and looks to me like it creased that rocker. Of course, total denial!

I've taken it to the body shop and it is already $700 for the rear quarter rocker without the additional damage (possibly) of the door rocker. It could be $1,500 and I'll lose my Terlingua decals as an additional benefit. Great.

Normally the car would have been in the garage, but I just installed the new Shelby interior upgrade and was letting it bask in the sun to help shrink the leather as directed. The car was fine at the installer. Drove straight home and parked in the driveway. Lawn got mowed. 4 hours later I moved the car from the driveway straight to the garage and noticed the damage.

Unfortunately, the dent is very unorthodox to be a clear case of I gotya, but the tire mark on the door rocker matches up perfectly with the rear tire of the lawnmower.

PS:

By the way, the new seats look marvelous. More of a report when I am in a rational frame of mind.

ah Don that really sucks I bet you are just sick to your stomach. Its really rotten when people do something like that and then do not admit it.

Please don't kill him. I don't want to have to visit you in jail :cry:

Seriously, if he doesn't own up to it honestly, then I see that as a definite breach of trust and I would be hard pressed to give him future business. However, if he honestly said, "hey I really don't think I did it; but I'm not sure. Let's check and see if the damage and the wheels and mower deck line up...." then I could trust him again......................

Sorry about your car, ID be getting a new lawn man that has insurance. Most of those guys don't even pay taxes.

OK Guys,

Thanks for the kind words, sympathy or empathy whichever way that goes. All will be well in the end. Manual, the almost dead lawnman, and I are going to have to agree to disagree. He takes responsibility for the tire marks (before I had to bring out the big guns, yes, we in TX do have our guns) but we have agreed that I can't pin the dent on him or his guy. To much reasonable doubt, even for me. You would have to see the dent to see what I mean. It almost looks like the door had to be opened. In any event, she will go in the shop Monday for repairs. Auto body guy says the door rocker is not creased and it will rub out.

th_RockerPanel1.jpg

th_RockerPanel3.jpg

th_RockerPanel2.jpg

Bummer.....I'll send Boa Vista out and she'll run that tire print through one of the hundreds of databases they keep in their phones and nail that sucker right now! I hate that kind of crap, bikes, mowers, pest control.....nobody pay attention to your baby like you do....

Good luck on the repair......

CF, that really BITES. Some day I will share a similar experiance with you, I know your pain!

Hey, we all screw up and have made mistakes at some point in time, just take responsibility for the screw up and learn not to do it again.

The best lessons learned are the most expensive ones. And I agree, admit the fault and make it right, don't sit there and hope "if no one says anything, maybe no one will notice and I'll get away with it". :soapbox:

PS:

Hello Don,

THAT SUCKS!!

Sorry to hear that!!

Todd

Archived