TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AmyB Shows More Love For The Shelby Dodge Enthusiasts

I have been to the museum since I live in Las Vegas. It is a nice facility, it would be nice if there could be another building built and show all the Dodge Shelby vehicles so no rotation would be required. I know, I am dreaming as it would cost a few bucks but maybe in the future!

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Tim have you checked out a book titled "Fast Days" by Joel Jackson? He worked at the Santa Fe Springs Chrysler Shelby Center and put some of his experiences into a book. The book could be better but it has the most info ever printed on the CSX-T race cars. In fact I think it's the largest chapter in the book with some interesting stuff on the race cars that I didn't know about.

Steve

I got a signed copy for christmas, pretty cool to read. I HIGHLY DOUBT they got 300 HP out of the GLHS in there though. Mine had 42 lb injectors and with a lot of porting and 3" exhaust it used to run 12.69 @ 109 on all season tires at 16 PSI. And the way it was was less than 300 HP.... I was very intrested in the racing and hearing more on Scott Harvey. Too bad there isn't more info out there on him.

I also like the CSX T, my dad just sold a very nice one to my cousin. I still kick my self for letting CSX T 0002 slip through my fingures at $1,200.. :censored:

Tony

Not sure yet when it will be rotated into the museum. SAI/Carroll have about 30 Chrysler cars in total so its hard to say exactly when it will be on display but since there is currently no Dodge CSX cars on display the odds are it will make it in there soon.

I'll be sure to post when it happens.

Steve

Ha good one Steve! Beautiful CSX-T has been there almost a full year and not "rotated in " yet. Yeah that is some love... Not blaming you Steve, but a prophet you are not!

Ha good one Steve! Beautiful CSX-T has been there almost a full year and not "rotated in " yet. Yeah that is some love... Not blaming you Steve, but a prophet you are not!

Yeah I had thought last Novembers SEMA event would be a good time to rotate it in but other things take priority and as you know that date came and went.. I haven't forgotten abot the car, I went to the back warehouse last month to make sure "she" was ok.

This year for sure ;)

Steve

Yeah I had thought last Novembers SEMA event would be a good time to rotate it in but other things take priority and as you know that date came and went.. I haven't forgotten abot the car, I went to the back warehouse last month to make sure "she" was ok.

This year for sure ;)

Steve

Hope to see a complete rotation of the Shelby Dodge vehicles when I show up for SEMA 2010 come November.

Through the years, I think the only #001 car I've never seen was the 1987 Shelby CSX. hint hint

Well, in addition to the #0001 1988 Shelby CSX-T which is out of Shelby American's hands,

Ray

It might be time to add on a room to the building for a separate Dodge Shelby section! Since I live in Vegas I will help build it. :happy feet:

Bob that's a great offer but wont happen if I have any say in it ;)

A separate Dodge building would hurt more than help. One of the main reasons of being able to get a few of the Dodge Shelby's in the museum is for them to be seen not by just the Dodge enthusiasts but by all Shelby enthusiasts.

I can't tell you how many people that visit the Shelby Museum who never knew Shelby was associated with Chrysler in the 1980's. At first I didn't believe the numbers but after spending time with the newer Shelby enthusiasts I no longer have any doubt.

And for the record the Shelby Museum doesn't have one of every Ford Shelby vehicle on display either. :P

All the Dodge enthusiasts should be happy that they are no longer the red headed step-child. The Series One now holds that title. And if anyone repeats this to AmyB I will deny ever saying it :lol:

Steve

Bob that's a great offer but wont happen if I have any say in it ;)

A separate Dodge building would hurt more than help. One of the main reasons of being able to get a few of the Dodge Shelby's in the museum is for them to be seen not by just the Dodge enthusiasts but by all Shelby enthusiasts.

I can't tell you how many people that visit the Shelby Museum who never knew Shelby was associated with Chrysler in the 1980's. At first I didn't believe the numbers but after spending time with the newer Shelby enthusiasts I no longer have any doubt.

And for the record the Shelby Museum doesn't have one of every Ford Shelby vehicle on display either. :P

All the Dodge enthusiasts should be happy that they are no longer the red headed step-child. The Series One now holds that title. And if anyone repeats this to AmyB I will deny ever saying it :lol:

Steve

Steve,

I understand, just offering my assistance if needed.

Bob

Archived