TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canadian Import

Anyone have experience converting a car to Canadian specs?

Your Ford dealer will turn on the daytime runnning lights. The odometer is in both kms and miles. The speedometer does not have

to be changed to be legally driven in Canada. That's all it takes plus the federal inspection done at Canadian Tire.

Your Ford dealer will turn on the daytime runnning lights. The odometer is in both kms and miles. The speedometer does not have

to be changed to be legally driven in Canada. That's all it takes plus the federal inspection done at Canadian Tire.

Hehe, yeah I thought my Ford dealer would do that too. The local dealer had no clue how to enable the DRLs, broke my TPMS in the process, and the largest Ford dealer in Saskatchewan, which is also an SVT dealer, told me that they would just install an aftermarket DRL module.

Do you have the car already? Someone had posted earlier about the Transport Canada listing on the SGT and apparently it is no longer admissible into Canada. According to their website anyways. Oddly enough it lists the 09 KR as the only admissible Shelby at the moment as well, which is just silly.

Hehe, yeah I thought my Ford dealer would do that too. The local dealer had no clue how to enable the DRLs, broke my TPMS in the process, and the largest Ford dealer in Saskatchewan, which is also an SVT dealer, told me that they would just install an aftermarket DRL module.

Do you have the car already? Someone had posted earlier about the Transport Canada listing on the SGT and apparently it is no longer admissible into Canada. According to their website anyways. Oddly enough it lists the 09 KR as the only admissible Shelby at the moment as well, which is just silly.

no no no

your dealer need to contact ford Canada they will walk the tech through doing the code up date. you will need the importation number from your paper work. ford needs proof that the car is in Canada. the deal is when you enable the DRL you millage take a hit and ford wont give you the code unless car is outside of the US.

Man, don't you dare let those idiots wire in an aftermarket DRL Module :(

What part of Canada are you from Dark Horse?

Congrats on the car You'r going to love it :wub::wub: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :drool:

I'm from Pickering, Ontario. "Service Consultant" called me today from Formula Ford and told me the "tech"says computer cannot be configured, I need to buy DRL kit for $297. I asked Service Consultant to look into it.

Next thing I get a phone call saying my car is ready. On my invoice it says

Complaint: Reconfigure computer for dlrs to work

Correction Customer Advised reconfiguration of computer not possible. Needs dlr Kit $297 + taxes/declined at this time.

To add injury to insult My radio station is changed my vents are all closed, trip computer is changed ,heater is changed and my car is minus an eighth of a tank of gas.

Anyone know a dealer I could call?

I'm from Pickering, Ontario. "Service Consultant" called me today from Formula Ford and told me the "tech"says computer cannot be configured, I need to buy DRL kit for $297. I asked Service Consultant to look into it.

Correction Customer Advised reconfiguration of computer not possible. Needs dlr Kit $297 + taxes/declined at this time.

To add injury to insult My radio station is changed my vents are all closed, trip computer is changed ,heater is changed and my car is minus an eighth of a tank of gas.

an 1/8th of a tank i would be getting ahold of someone higher up and bitching (alot) cause thats like 2 hours idle time or someone was driving youre car.

If you havent purchased the DRL kit yet, Pm me I will give you # of kit you need and it may still be on sale for a round 110.00 If you have HIDs. if you have regular lights, then the dealer needs to call ford for the code nothing else required.

Archived